Visiting in January

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2017, 05:57 PM

Take a look a 2BR/2BA block stucco court yard villa in El Santiago with the new rec center. Many updates including new HVAC March 2016. **No Bond**

1136 SANTA CRUZ DR, THE VILLAGES, FL — MLS# G4835781 — ERA
Old 01-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

Well, it's been a few days since our return from TV. We've had some time to finish up moving into our new condo (rental) where we will be for the next 2 - 3 years. Have to wait for the wife to catch up to me! She still has three years to go till retirement.
We loved our stay in TV. So much so, that we have changed our plans on visiting other areas of Florida, and will be relocating to TV in the future. We learned a lot, but expect to refine our knowledge with a couple more visits.
So far, it seems that we both tend to favor something between Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs, leaning more toward the Spanish Springs area. We went to a lot of open houses, and drove around a lot of villages, and that area seems to fit us. But of course, things could change.
We find we are leaning towards a Patio Villa, due to the size. We both like the layout, and some upgrades would be easy.
Initially, we are planning on renting, will be looking for a one-year lease, with the idea that if it should turn out that we don't like Florida as much as we think we will, we would have the option of moving elsewhere with a minimum of complications. So, sometime in 2018 or very early 2019, we will likely be seriously looking for a place.
In the meantime, we plan on a couple more visits to TV, our future home!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
So far, it seems that we both tend to favor something between Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs, leaning more toward the Spanish Springs area.
Do you plan to ever turn left onto Morse Road north of 466? That can be very difficult under normal conditions, and almost impossible during the snowbird season.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

So, I'll turn right, and find a roundabout. Or whatever. I've driven in Boston and New York City. Do you really see TV as a challenge?? Have a little patience, you're retired, why be in a hurry?? Most of the time, I expect to be in my own village, and can plan travel via the easier routes. I just don't see this as an issue. More important to me is the proximity to the services and facilities I am most interested in.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:17 PM

Good for you! I hope you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed the concerts in the town squares, some golf and exercise classes.
Closed Thread

Tags
visiting, plan, january, visit, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.