Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i agree. Amen
R.I.P. The man is gone.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Platinum member
Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I guess the tooth fairy or Peter Pan snuck in cell in middle of the night raped something around his neck hoisted him up while he was sleeping. Evidently his day gang wasn't as important to him as his night gang.
Of course his lawyer team is going to milk this as long as possible. Hope he enjoyed his life of drugs until the end.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Be interesting to see if he had suffered brain damage from concussions. His brain is being donated for examination. A tragic ending for a young man who had had it all. May he RIP.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Be interesting to see if he had suffered brain damage from concussions. His brain is being donated for examination. A tragic ending for a young man who had had it all. May he RIP.
I like the way you show some empathy and try to walk in other's shoes. I too am interested in where his life went wrong.

Did he have a gang background as a teen? Aaron Hernandez - Wikipedia
Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

This guy was a criminal back in High School. Bad egg. Good riddance.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

IMHO he was simply a bad guy, a murderer, who chose to act the way he did. His suicide saved taxpayers money.

I feel sorrow for his victims and their families and friends but not for his sorry derriere.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
I read an article where he seemed to have changed and had a lot of anger...from losing his father at 16.

Not an excuse of course.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
IMHO he was simply a bad guy, a murderer, who chose to act the way he did. His suicide saved taxpayers money.

I feel sorrow for his victims and their families and friends but not for his sorry derriere.
That is exactly how I feel.

Hoping he is in the third circle of Dante's Inferno.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I feel bad for his victims and their families. I feel bad for his family and friends. I feel bad for the life he threw away by bad decisions, both by his suicide and his actions that got him there. I feel anger that four people have died over a spilled drink. I feel anger that schools, families, friends, fans put athletes on such a pedestal that they feel that not only are they above the law but can commit murder and get away with it. Was some of his behavior caused by brain damage? Steroid use? Hopefully, autopsies of his body and brain will answer those questions a little. We'll never get the answers to what parts of his society caused his actions. How many inexcusable acts were excused by his school, coaches, teachers, fellow students, LEOs simply because he was a great athlete?

I'm sorry he committed suicide. He may have turned his life around in prison -- become someone who could be used as an example of what not to do. Mercury Morris did that. So did Michael Vick. OJ didn't. They all came from the Projects. They all were great athletes. They all committed serious crimes. I don't know about Morris or Vick or Henderson, I do know about Simpson. Any and all behavior he did in junior high, high school and college was excused because he needed to train or play. I know that his mother once grounded him for shoplifting and his coach came to their house and demanded he play that weekend (and, of course, attend the team party). How do these men become more than thugs with examples like that? Henderson was 100% wrong in his actions. So was society. So, while I'm angry with what he did, I'll always think of him with sadness.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I feel bad for his victims and their families. I feel bad for his family and friends. I feel bad for the life he threw away by bad decisions, both by his suicide and his actions that got him there. I feel anger that four people have died over a spilled drink. I feel anger that schools, families, friends, fans put athletes on such a pedestal that they feel that not only are they above the law but can commit murder and get away with it. Was some of his behavior caused by brain damage? Steroid use? Hopefully, autopsies of his body and brain will answer those questions a little. We'll never get the answers to what parts of his society caused his actions. How many inexcusable acts were excused by his school, coaches, teachers, fellow students, LEOs simply because he was a great athlete?

I'm sorry he committed suicide. He may have turned his life around in prison -- become someone who could be used as an example of what not to do. Mercury Morris did that. So did Michael Vick. OJ didn't. They all came from the Projects. They all were great athletes. They all committed serious crimes. I don't know about Morris or Vick or Henderson, I do know about Simpson. Any and all behavior he did in junior high, high school and college was excused because he needed to train or play. I know that his mother once grounded him for shoplifting and his coach came to their house and demanded he play that weekend (and, of course, attend the team party). How do these men become more than thugs with examples like that? Henderson was 100% wrong in his actions. So was society. So, while I'm angry with what he did, I'll always think of him with sadness.
Well said, as always.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:17 AM

I guess his cell was the End Zone.
Closed Thread

Tags
prison, early, wednesday, morning, massachusetts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.