Beware of buying samsung products

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Default Beware of buying samsung products

I bought a french door Samsung Refrigerator in August of last year. I started having trouble with the freezer pull out door. I bought an extended warranty, so I started with going back to the store, they said to contact the Geek Squad. Geek Squad said their warranty started after the first year and to contact Samsung. I called Samsung and of course they blamed it on the the installation which has nothing to do with the problem. They told me to slam it open and close a few times and that might help, this stupid suggestion did absolutely nothing. They finally after a couple of battles back and forth, they gave me the name of their repair people, who are in Pompano Beach. I called them (Lake Electronics) and Tomeka who handles this area was out to lunch and to call back in 45 minutes. I did and of course Tomeka was on the phone and she would call me back. This was 1 week ago. THIS WAS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE !!!!!! This was so exhausting and stressful, I don't know what to do next. I guess back to the store.

I just wanted to let other fellow Villagers know how Samsung treats it customers. Just about as bad as Comcast.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 AM

we to bought a Samsung refrigerator from HH Greg and before a month was over, we had problems, had them replace it with an LG at no extra charge.. we also bought the extended warranty for the for Samsung products we bought--next the dishwasher went out after 13 months, they could not find anyone to repair it so gave me a new LG one--
Now we will wait and see how the stove and microwave hold up--we have three flat screen TVs from Samsung two are 10 years old and working great their TV's are great! HH Greg have treated us great and we would recommend them to every one!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:41 PM

We have a Samsung Frig and Washer Dryer. Repair guy said Samsung has great tv's but their appliances are one of the worse.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,671 Times in 5,225 Posts

For Samsung TVs, you can't beat Costco, but they are located in Altamonte Springs. 90 day return policy and a 2 year warranty, as compared to 14 day return and 1 year warranty at Best Buy. Costco is also cheaper. The 90 day return policy is especially good because a lot of defects don't become apparent in 14 days. I ordered mine online and they delivered.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage

I got my Samsung TV from Sam's Club after having a Sony TV die completely after just two years. So far (two years) the Samsung has worked just fine
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 02-23-2017, 04:20 PM

We have a Samsung TV that is going on 9 years old and still works great (knock on wood). Just had to have some work done on our 3 year old Whirlpool refrigerator and the repair guy told me to stay away from Samsung if we have to replace it.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:45 PM

I had a 65 inch Samsung which died after 3 years of snowbird use which worked out to about 1 1/2 years of actual use.. Luckily I had a 4 year square trade warranty and they replaced the TV. I asked them if I could get a warranty on the replacement but they don't warranty replacements. Since I was throwing out the old TV I thought I'd take a look at the innards. There were 2 four inch circuit boards connected by a ribbon cable. 80% of the rest was empty space.

I also owned a Samsung dishwasher. The dishwasher door opens automatically after the wash is done. After the first wash it opened but you couldn't close it anymore. I called Samsung and after a extended conversation (this was during their Note phone problems) they agreed to give me my money back and I got a Kitchen Aid. I wouldn't buy any appliance without at least a 5 year warranty and I am done with Samsung.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:14 PM

We bought Samsung from Lowes. Top of the line. The French door refrig lasted about 4 months and the bottom ice maker went out, called lowes they sent the repair out and fixed. Then the top ice maker went on the fritz, after 5 return trips, they sent us a check for the refrigerator. The microwave barely works. The stove has heat that comes from the sides when baking told it was normal and then the DW started acting up. At least I fixed that. Now for the shame on me part, I was a remodeling contractor and worked with one appliance store in South Florida. Probably bought 30-35 full sets of kitchen appliances from them. One day I was talking to one of their techs and he told me to stay away from Samsung appliances. did I listen? Nope and now we're paying for it. Several of the guys who came to try and fix the fridge said Whirlpool the best. Lesson Learned!
Old 02-23-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

J.D. Power 2016 Kitchen & Laundry Appliance Satisfaction Study | J.D. Power

Quote:

COSTA MESA, Calif.: 19 July 2016 — LG and Samsung rank highest in customer satisfaction in multiple laundry and kitchen appliance segments, according to the J.D. Power 2016 Kitchen Appliance Satisfaction StudySM and the J.D. Power 2016 Laundry Appliance Satisfaction Study,SM both released today.

According to the Home Improvement Research Institute, the market for major household appliances in 2016 is $23.9 billion, and is expected to reach $27.1 billion by 2020.

The Kitchen Appliance Satisfaction Study and the Laundry Appliance Satisfaction Study measure customer satisfaction in 11 appliance segments across six factors (in order of importance): performance and reliability; ease of use; features; styling/appearance; price; and warranty. Satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamescarriker View Post
I bought a french door Samsung Refrigerator in August of last year. I started having trouble with the freezer pull out door. I bought an extended warranty, so I started with going back to the store, they said to contact the Geek Squad. Geek Squad said their warranty started after the first year and to contact Samsung. I called Samsung and of course they blamed it on the the installation which has nothing to do with the problem. They told me to slam it open and close a few times and that might help, this stupid suggestion did absolutely nothing. They finally after a couple of battles back and forth, they gave me the name of their repair people, who are in Pompano Beach. I called them (Lake Electronics) and Tomeka who handles this area was out to lunch and to call back in 45 minutes. I did and of course Tomeka was on the phone and she would call me back. This was 1 week ago. THIS WAS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE !!!!!! This was so exhausting and stressful, I don't know what to do next. I guess back to the store.

I just wanted to let other fellow Villagers know how Samsung treats it customers. Just about as bad as Comcast.

I have 3 Samsung TVs. None has had an issue. At our previous home we purchased a Samsung French door refrigerator- no problems. We've had 2 Samsung washers & dryers over 10 years. Both the recent washer & dryer have had issues. There are no local repair companies that will touch them because Samsung will not back them up.

I'll buy their TVs but nothing else - simply because they cannot provide authorized repair, despite having extended warranties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-23-2017, 09:42 PM
Platinum member

We have a Samsung over the counter microwave that has had the door handle break twice. They replaced the door both times but said they wouldn't if it breaks again. I googled the issue and learned that it is very common. They use a plastic connector rather than metal. Will never buy a Samsung microwave again.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

The ice maker in our Samsung side-by-side has got to be the sorriest one we've ever had - freezes up all the time. In the very near future, we're going to put the Samsung out in the garage and have a new brand gracing our kitchen.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We just had to shuttle a beautiful highly rated LG French Door Bottom Freezer Fridge that came with the house. Only 3 years old. We replaced it with a beautiful Whirlpool that is highly rated by Consumer Reports. We also bought a Samsung Washer & Dryer from Home Depot with the extended contract for 5 years which cost a total of $250 for both. If the washer or dryer break down they refund you the money for using the laundry mat while repairs are completed. Oh 24 months interest free. I heard the same thing about Samsung but have full faith in Consumer Report.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:31 AM
Veteran member

Have Samsung W&D, no issues.....love them!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Just called Samsung Repair for an out of warranty fridge. They could have someone here by Monday which I thought was pretty good. Just for your records you call
954 956 8181 for repair for Samsung.
Closed Thread

Tags
samsung, back, started, geek, squad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.