Consider this idea for your group

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Veteran member
Default Consider this idea for your group

There are tons of social groups here and many have a charitable cause they donate to as a group. I would like to suggest that a group adopt an aged-out foster teen or assist financially.

When foster kids hit 18, they are kicked out of the system. Many of them end up homeless, turn to crime, etc. They have already had a tough life.

An organization in Leesburg called "Forward Paths Foundation" helps these teens. First and foremost, they need a roof over their head and this organization provides low-income housing. Then kids need to be taught basic life skills: how to apply for a job, how to get a checking account, how to drive, etc.

Forward Paths is seeking mentors for one-on-one guidance with these kids. If you don't want to volunteer for that, may I suggest your organization donate $$ to this worthy cause.

The foundation has a lofty goal of purchasing an apartment building ($700K) so they can expand their outreach to these kids.

http://forwardpaths.org/

I am a mentor to a young lady and she has become a welcome joy in my life. She is 19, works two jobs and getting ready to attend a technical course. I encourage her constantly and provide some one on one monetary assistance when things get rough for her. She is a sweet young lady that had a terrible childhood. She calls me Grandmom. I love it.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:49 AM
Platinum member

You are an angel and deserve all of God's blessings for doing this. Emotionally we are not equipped to mentor someone right now in our lives but we will send a check to them because of you.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

BJ001 - Thank you!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
kids, life, organization, group, young

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.