Famous People Living in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to pfhannan

Did you know the CEO of RyanAir owns a home here.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

A couple who has another home, I will just say, somewhere else, and also has a home in The Villages...had a room from their other home on the Television show, Million Dollar Rooms on HGTV.

The lovely thing about this place is that we have just ordinary folks of all kinds, all of an age, all who did something different for a living and for some it brought them fame and fortune for others it brought them security and wisdom and for all it brought them to THIS place.

Smart folks, I'd say.

We are getting so many new residents from what used to be considered the "posh" parts of Florida: Boca and West Palm and Marco Island.

We all live here like the rich and famous.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,290 Times in 2,040 Posts

One of the people who brought us Saving Private Ryan has parents who live in the Villages. She would have received an Academy Award if this movie had taken Best Picture. It lost to Shakespeare in Love. Saving Private Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still seems like a bad outcome. Never understood the Academy voters choosing Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:11 PM

Fred Geier, former Marine 1 pilot during Clinton and Reagan administrations.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Rich Rodriquez former University of Michigan football coach?..........
Haven't seen him at the West Virginia Club.

Last edited by Tickled_pink; 07-04-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 AM

I live in Stonecrest. yes sadly Kay passed away last year. She would always sing at our memorial and veteran functions. A classy lady! A true star..R I P
Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 AM

I'm told my husband and I are famous since the Villages Daily Sun did a two page story on our Puerto Rico trip. We get recognized all the time. They used a big honking pic right on the front.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,290 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko38 View Post
I'm told my husband and I are famous since the Villages Daily Sun did a two page story on our Puerto Rico trip. We get recognized all the time. They used a big honking pic right on the front.
Nice. The Villages Daily Sun did a story about me a few years ago. (May 28, 2007) Cannot say that anyone recognized me or recognizes me all that much though. They also had a "big honking pic" but it was not on the front page.

Did get some nice comments from neighbors as well as various people at Doggie Doo Run Run.

Their sent photographer George Horsford seemed surprised that they were even doing a story.

This story by Mr. Gary Corsair was about my efforts to get a link to the Florida Victims Services Directory made from the websites of Lake, Sumter and Marion County public library systems. http://myfloridalegal.com/vicdirect....rcuit!OpenView I did get one at Lake County Public Library but they later took it out.

Cannot really see the drawbacks of having a very well informed set of citizens looking out for the rights/responsibilities of survivors of crimes as long as they know the limits of the legal system. Havng these links was part of the process of teaching these boundaries. Common sense can only go so much when it hits the bureaucratic wall.

Noticed some stories coming out of Hollywood often address some of these interesting issues like July 8, 2012's episode of Longmire entitled "The Worst Kind of Hunter". I will not go into it in case I spoil the plot for those who have not seen this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Longmire_episodes

Also saw some recent episodes of the Boston, MA based show Rizzoli and Isles like "Welcome to the Doll House" that shed some light on these aspects of the US Justice System.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rizzoli_and_Isles

Been hoping to see some shots of Brandeis U. near Boston on Rizzoli & Isles. Some of their buildings have great views of the Boston skyline.

I had tried to do similar work all over the US as well as abroad from 1992 through 2002 or so but hit some serious hurdles around 2000 in and around Palm Harbor, FL which really slowed the work.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-09-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.