Frightening incident on Palmer Legends today

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default Frightening incident on Palmer Legends today

Today, myself, my wife and a friend of hers played Palmer Legends. A lady joined us and rode with my wife's friend. On Cherry Hill #9, right after I hit my 2nd shot, the two ladies went by us heading toward their shots and all of a sudden the lady who joined us lost consciousness and fell out of the cart. I told my wife to call 911 and I called PL golf shop to make them aware and to send an Asst. Mgr. out. My wife then went over to Buena Vista to direct EMS and my wife's friend and I stayed with the lady, making sure she was breathing okay. The initial Fire/Rescue truck arrived along with 2 Asst. Mgrs. from Palmer and a couple of homeowners from along the fairway. The ambulance then arrived and was directed to enter the fairway at the end of #9. Right before the arrival of everyone, the lady started regaining consciousness but was slurring her words and couldn't remember anything. After initially checking her over, the EMT's carried her to Leesburg and she was subsequently transferred to Shands in Gainesville. Bear in mind, all this took place in a span of less than 15 minutes; everything/everyone worked the way it was supposed to.

The last report we had from a Doctor was that she had suffered a heart attack but was stable. Afterward, my wife was able to track down her address and drove over there to let her neighbors know what happened and to see if she had a pet that needed taken care of.

Incidents happen on our golf courses all the time; if you are ever the one needing to call 911, be specific as to what your location (tee box, fairway, green, bathroom) is on the CORRECT course.

God puts people together in a special place for a reason; today was another one of our times to be put in that special place.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Today, myself, my wife and a friend of hers played Palmer Legends. A lady joined us and rode with my wife's friend. On Cherry Hill #9, right after I hit my 2nd shot, the two ladies went by us heading toward their shots and all of a sudden the lady who joined us lost consciousness and fell out of the cart. I told my wife to call 911 and I called PL golf shop to make them aware and to send an Asst. Mgr. out. My wife then went over to Buena Vista to direct EMS and my wife's friend and I stayed with the lady, making sure she was breathing okay. The initial Fire/Rescue truck arrived along with 2 Asst. Mgrs. from Palmer and a couple of homeowners from along the fairway. The ambulance then arrived and was directed to enter the fairway at the end of #9. Right before the arrival of everyone, the lady started regaining consciousness but was slurring her words and couldn't remember anything. After initially checking her over, the EMT's carried her to Leesburg and she was subsequently transferred to Shands in Gainesville. Bear in mind, all this took place in a span of less than 15 minutes; everything/everyone worked the way it was supposed to.

The last report we had from a Doctor was that she had suffered a heart attack but was stable. Afterward, my wife was able to track down her address and drove over there to let her neighbors know what happened and to see if she had a pet that needed taken care of.

Incidents happen on our golf courses all the time; if you are ever the one needing to call 911, be specific as to what your location (tee box, fairway, green, bathroom) is on the CORRECT course.

God puts people together in a special place for a reason; today was another one of our times to be put in that special place.
You and your wife are special people. Thank you for taking such good care of a stranger in need. We all need someone looking out for us sometimes! God bless...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Gold member

Good Samaritans are not only in the Bible. Only serves to prove there are angels that walk among us. God Bless you for your concern for a stranger.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Scary for sure, but you and your wife doing everything absolutely correct and quickly...is probably the reason she's doing as well as she is.

21 years ago, my buddy and I were walking toward the 18th green of the course we were playing (walking) and he saw a guy drop on the 17th fairway (also walking)...which was parallel to ours.

By the time I ran over there, my buddy was already doing CPR.

I had my work cell (one of the first people at my company because of my position and didn't even have a personal one at that time) and called 911, then we traded off on the compression's.

What I thought were breaths (deep gurgling) when we pushed...really weren't.

Although the ambulance was able to drive right to us within about 15 minutes, the EMT's pronounced him deceased...while we were just standing there in shock.

Something you never forget.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post

That woman was lucky to have you there. Anything can happen to anyone at any time in any place. You levelheadedness may have saved her life.
Closed Thread

Tags
lady, wife, friend, palmer, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.