Getting to know us - idiosyncratic habits

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Went passed Spicy's in Riverhead this summer and the dumpy diner look has not improved but it is still a favorite of Suffolk County residents.
Yes, that would be the place, I'd hit it whenever I went to the outlets.

Also on my list of fine dining establishments are Tara's in Pt Jeff for the $7.50 lobster dinner and Ralph's Fishing Station.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Honestly I don't know where to start. Too many to list before my bedtime.
RickdeMasi, sounds like Kitty and Laurie can help with your lists.

Quote:
Then I give my cat her instructions for the day..."Watch the house and don't let anyone park in my driveway." Then I can leave for work.
Ha! I do that, too -- "Bye! Guard the house, now." They never do.

Guess I need to have a cocktail reception and serve hazelnuts and lavender spice drops.

Last edited by Halibut; 09-22-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Post-It Notes: I heard Post-It Notes were invented accidentally. Don't know if that's true. I think Post-It Notes are a great concept, but unless I am using them between pages in a book, I tape them.
Post it notes are great for books because you can place it right where you left off reading...the very line. You don't have to start reading at the beginning of the page . This leads me into one of my odd behaviors. I HAVE to have something to read in the bathroom. I don't care if I'm in there less than a minute, or brushing my teeth, etc. I feel kind of lost without reading material.
On bedmaking...I insist on turning down the bedding neatly before we go to bed. I like to turn it down"just right," fluff the pillows, and feel "off" if I don't get to do this.
I like to dry the sink after each use also but don't wipe the shower down. Maybe I'll start that.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:02 PM

Shimpy- Re M&M's: Red is always first, yellow, blue, orange, brown is always last. I never waiver but then here comes the holiday season-- can't decide!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:21 PM

Ok, I will admit it. I do alphabetize my spices!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:35 AM

When buying in TV, after looking at the first few houses, I found could NOT live in a house with the garage on the right hand side. I would get dizzy, nauseous, felt like I was totally off-balance. My sales agent had to whittle down his list of homes, pronto! - Maybe he was trying to be nice, but he said there were 2 or 3 other clients with the same "symptoms". We became fast friends due to my quirkiness. My home? Yup, it's lovely, with the garage on the left side of the house! All is good!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm4444 View Post
When buying in TV, after looking at the first few houses, I found could NOT live in a house with the garage on the right hand side. I would get dizzy, nauseous, felt like I was totally off-balance. My sales agent had to whittle down his list of homes, pronto! - Maybe he was trying to be nice, but he said there were 2 or 3 other clients with the same "symptoms". We became fast friends due to my quirkiness. My home? Yup, it's lovely, with the garage on the left side of the house! All is good!

Have the same problem but, my garage needs to be on the right side. If it's not, I feel disoriented and nervous... Growing up in a house with the garage on the right is probably the reason.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Another spice alphabetizer.

My CDs have to be in categories and alphabetized. Ditto the albums I've kept. Windows and I have a constant fight about my desktop icons. I want them one way, it wants them bunched together.

Also have to have something to read wherever I go, including the bathroom.

I talk a lot naturally. When I'm in a group of people, I can never shut up, no matter how much I try.

I can't look you in the eye. I will however, look right above your eyes so you think I'm looking into your eyes.

Food has to be eaten in a circle. A bite of meat, then veggie, then starch. Salad is eaten with the main course and is always the last bite in my circle. I really hate when foods touch each other. And I really dislike soft foods like Jello, mashed potatoes, oatmeal. Took me forty years to learn how to swallow mashed potatoes. Still haven't found a way to get Jello or hot cereals down my throat.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Gold member

For me, it's analysis paralysis. I do extensive research and agonize over the choice of alternatives before making a purchase, whether big or small.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGranny View Post
Ok, I will admit it. I do alphabetize my spices!
I used to but have too many. Now I just try to organize them by category
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Sage

I have to munch two M&Ms of two different colors.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 09-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Who me? Idiosyncrasies. My secret(s).
Old 09-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Yipsters for the washing machine loading...

I bet it is safe to assume that you don't have a front load washer...Ha!...
As for me, I'm perfect!..giggle....Don't ask the ole boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I love light-hearted threads.
I think it brings out the best in us to laugh.

Most of the things you mentioned make perfect sense to me.
Except for the hazelnuts, who would ignore those!
Stockpiling toilet paper, I thought everyone did that.

The silverware in the dishwasher has to be loaded half up and half down so it doesn't "spoon" together.
I read that in a dishwasher manual 100 years ago and it stuck with me.
The water and detergent must go in the clothes washing machine before the clothes, not after.

Fireboy could list another 30 weird patterns I'm sure.
But I told him this website had been discontinued.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
When eating, my different foods can't touch each other, and I eat one food at a time-meat first as I like it hot the best!
I do this also, but just the opposite, I save the best part for the end. I don't eat onions nor most vegetables.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Gold member
Default Always have

I perseverate "To repeat or prolong an action, thought, or utterance after the stimulus that prompted it has ceased"
This drives my long suffering wife, siblings and children crazy. I know it does but I can't help it. UGH!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.