RIP Steve from NY

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default RIP Steve from NY

I am very sad to share this information with our TOTV friends about one of our wonderful members. Steve from NY, Steve Allen, passed away Friday at the age of 56.

Steve was a wonderful man, a good friend and we will miss him so much. Not only on this forum with his wealth of information and fun loving spirit, but as a friend who was kind, fun-loving and very giving.

Steve shared with me about his illness awhile back and asked it to be confidential until he was cured, but unfortunately he eventually lost his battle with cancer.

Prayers go out to his wonderful wife, Julia, and their children and granddaughters, who he so loved and helped him get through the recent past while he was so ill.

Steve, I personally will miss you so much as in our short time of knowing each other, I really felt a strong bond and enjoyed very much being your friend. I am very, very saddened by the loss... Please all, pray for Steve today and remember him as one of our own.

http://www.silive.com/obituaries/ind..._allen_56.html

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Sage

Kathie...thanks for sharing this. I had the pleasure of meeting Steve and his wife at several social events. A life ended way too short. My deepest sympathies to Julia and his family.

A reminder to all of us to live life to its fullest since you never know what's around the next bend.

RIP Steve.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Although we both lived on Staten Island and posted here on TOTV, we only met briefly in the tunnel going to LSL last year, it is so sad to read of his passing. You will be missed... Rest in Peace Steve!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I am very sad to share this information with our TOTV friends about one of our wonderful members. Steve from NY, Steve Allen, passed away Friday at the age of 56.

Steve was a wonderful man, a good friend and we will miss him so much. Not only on this forum with his wealth of information and fun loving spirit, but as a friend who was kind, fun-loving and very giving.

Steve, I personally will miss you so much as in our short time of knowing each other, I really felt a strong bond and enjoyed very much being your friend. I am very, very saddened by the loss... Please all, pray for Steve today and remember him as one of our own.
Nicely "said" Kathie.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage

I don't remember if our paths ever crossed in person but I truly enjoyed our banter on TOTV.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I don't remember if our paths ever crossed in person but I truly enjoyed our banter on TOTV.
I feel just exactly the way Russ does. I am sorry too for you Kathie and others on here who knew him. Thank you Kathie. Prayers will be offered in gratitude for his good life.

We need to kill that monster, Cancer.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Bosoxfan

R.I.P. Steve you will be missed!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default God's Blessings...

Today I learned of Steve's passing, a man with so much life in him, and so much to live for.
I knew Steve for a short time, but he was a kind, gentle man. My heart goes out to Julia and his family..
May all of God's Blessings be with Steve as we pray for him...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 09-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Veteran member

I am so sorry to hear of Steve's passing. He was a valued member here.

Awhile ago I suggested that the administration here consider perhaps changing the status of membership to "Eternal member" or something like that when a member passes, so when one reads a post of someone who is now gone, that it is known.

In this computer age, it is sometimes strange that a person's posts live on after they do. Knowing that they have passed and can no longer contribute helps those of us still here who perhaps would not know why that person is no longer posting, etc.

I know of some other forums where this is done, and it is both helpful and appreciated. Just a thought.

Respectfully,

Frank

Last edited by faithfulfrank; 09-26-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
I am so sorry to hear of Steve's passing. He was a valued member here.

Awhile ago I suggested that the administration here consider perhaps changing the status of membership to "Eternal member" or something like that when a member passes, so when one reads a post of someone who is now gone, that it is known.

In this computer age, it is sometimes strange that a person's posts live on after they do. Knowing that they have passed and can no longer contribute helps those of us still here who perhaps would not know why that person is no longer posting, etc.

I know of some other forums where this is done, and it is both helpful and appreciated. Just a thought.

Respectfully,

Frank
Frank, that is an excellent idea. I can see where today, for instance, we have had a few mistakes like that because some of us wanted to revise some of Steve's older posts and it caused confusion to others that didn't realize he had passed away.

Tony, Jan, Darrell, ??? what do you think? We've had Muncle and Steve, two extremely valuable and noteworthy posters who have both left us... I think Frank's suggestion is excellent and I hope you all agree.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Frank, that is an excellent idea. I can see where today, for instance, we have had a few mistakes like that because some of us wanted to revise some of Steve's older posts and it caused confusion to others that didn't realize he had passed away.

Tony, Jan, Darrell, ??? what do you think? We've had Muncle and Steve, two extremely valuable and noteworthy posters who have both left us... I think Frank's suggestion is excellent and I hope you all agree.
I add to that request from Frank and Kathie and think it would honor Steve and Muncle to be called Eternal Member.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Platinum member

I agree with Kathie. Franks suggestion is a great one. Tony? Jan? Darrell?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Gold member

I too am sorry to hear of Steve's passing and my deepest sympathies go to his wife Julia and the rest of his family. Rest in peace Steve.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

I am one of those that didn't realize that the post I read about his retirement was reposted because of his recent passing. My sympathies to all who knew him. I hope my wayward post about enjoying retirement didn't offend anyone. I just didn't put two and two together. Again, my sympathies to all.
Barry
Old 09-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
I am one of those that didn't realize that the post I read about his retirement was reposted because of his recent passing. My sympathies to all who knew him. I hope my wayward post about enjoying retirement didn't offend anyone. I just didn't put two and two together. Again, my sympathies to all.
Barry
Oh Barry.

We all knew that. And it was MY fault for reactivating the post. Hugs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.