Keurig Platinum K75 Single Cup Brewer

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
THANK YOU. Good. I know I liked it when we were traveling and have heard some good things about them....I appreciate your input.

I did buy a second "batch" of assorted flavors besides the Green Mountain Morning Coffee assortment (I think that's the name of it)......

When the gang all come home for Thanksgiving........I'll put out another type coffee maker side by side...........or, they can also use this one. It sounds as if the coffee brews fairly fast.
the best thing to do now is to buy a couple of those brew your own coffee 'cups' for it. it is the least expensive way to enjoy the coffee you like - 25-35 cups for around 6.00 instead of the .50-.75 per cup using k-cups....and yes, brew a pot of coffee for the crowd, been to a party where only keurig was used..awful, people complained afterward that it took forever to get coffee -- 2 to 3 minutes a cup times 10 people was more like 40 minutes for the last person to get a cup.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
My DD gave me my Keurig for my birthday, and I like it for all the above reasons. That being said, I do like my brewed coffee a bit better. I'm a bit of a coffee snob. I order whole beans online from Costa Rica. For me it's cheaper and better coffee.

Rollie
if you are already getting whole beans then you should have a grinder, just use the 'brew your own' cups for the keurig. Every true coffee gourmand will tell you that coffee brewed under pressure (the keurig machine) is superior to plain brewed coffee....
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage

I received a Keurig last Christmas. It mysteriously died in August. Keurig replaced it at no charge. All I had to do was return the plastic part where the K-Cup is placed. i love my Keurig. Starbucks Veranda Blend is one of my favorites. I also use it to brew tea -- much better than the messy tea bags.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 PM

Got one this summer I Love IT! {yep for those whom know me I have converted to enjoying coffee!}
Old 10-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
the best thing to do now is to buy a couple of those brew your own coffee 'cups' for it. it is the least expensive way to enjoy the coffee you like - 25-35 cups for around 6.00 instead of the .50-.75 per cup using k-cups....and yes, brew a pot of coffee for the crowd, been to a party where only keurig was used..awful, people complained afterward that it took forever to get coffee -- 2 to 3 minutes a cup times 10 people was more like 40 minutes for the last person to get a cup.
Well, we had our first two cups when it arrived yesterday.....after set up.
Set up went very easily. It actually came with a starter set of the K-cups.
(My two assortments will arrive later today)

I tried the Green Mountain since we live in the Green Mountain state.
Less than one minute for the coffee to fill the cup. Mild but tasty and very fragrant. Very hot. Like that.

Hubby tried one of the more robust stronger K-cups.....can't recall the name. He likes his coffee strong and thought it was very good.

He seems to like the new gadget.

I do "hear you" about a big crowd. I have other coffeemakers.

But, for us, I think it will be very nice. I do understand what others said about it taking time to decide which particular "coffee" we prefer.

This morning hubby had Nantucket by Green Mountain and he liked that, even though it was milder than his robust one yesterday.

The bad thing was that we tried the coffee at about 4 p.m. after setting up the machine and soaking and rinsing the filter, etc. running the water through, etc....so it was late for us to be drinking coffee..........and he couldn't fall asleep last night. Today, we will just try it for an early lunch.

When our kids come home at Thanksgiving......some do not drink coffee, while the ones who do, get up at different times.........I don't see a problem with waiting for under one minute for a cup. It was super fast.

p.s. He had mentioned getting one of those filters to brew the coffee we have stocked in the pantry..........which, as you mention, can be used in the Keurig.

When the bigger assortment arrives today (two boxes of 150 each...so 300 K-cups), my own opinion would be to use them.....and keep our regular coffee for "if" we need to make it for a larger crowd in one of our other coffee makers.

Thank you.
And thank you all.......I'm glad I got it.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Regarding Keurig Platinum K75 Single Cup Brewer.....

I finally gave in and ordered one yesterday.....have experienced them while traveling....

Anybody out there who really loves their Keurig? Or vice versa?

I figured that in the long run it would be less wasteful.....since it's just the two of us. Keeping other coffeemakers for when it's a crowd.....

I also ordered the large supply of Green Mountain coffee single serve....

It should arrive tomorrow......so we shall see. Just wondering who likes theirs? I have some relatives who love theirs.....while others prefer the old.
Bought one knowing it would be more expensive. Gave it away because it did not taste as good as our coffee machine.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Bought one knowing it would be more expensive. Gave it away because it did not taste as good as our coffee machine.
I am surprised you found a difference in taste.
We have used the filter basket for the K-machine and put our regular groound coffee in that and there is absolutely no difference in taste between K brew and what is brewed in the coffee maker.

Things to improve taste in the K-cup brewer :-

Use filtered water.

Change water in the water tank every day

If you do use tap water, let the water run for about 10 seconds before you fill the water reservoir/tank
Old 10-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Love my Keurig. Unless you have a good coupon for Kohl's or Bed Bath and Beyond, try the website Coffee | K-Cups Coffee | Keurig K-Cups | Coffee Beans at CoffeeForLess They have all varieties and the prices are great. They also have a reward program for frequent customers. I bought my Keurig because I was drinking less coffee but now that I have it I drink more.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlm790 View Post
Love my Keurig. Unless you have a good coupon for Kohl's or Bed Bath and Beyond, try the website Coffee | K-Cups Coffee | Keurig K-Cups | Coffee Beans at CoffeeForLess They have all varieties and the prices are great. They also have a reward program for frequent customers. I bought my Keurig because I was drinking less coffee but now that I have it I drink more.
Thanks for that link. Will definitely try it.

Just bought the carousel which is great....for displaying the coffee.

I'm a large amazon.com shopper........however, I bought my Keurig via Hayneedle? It came quickly, just as they promised. I also purchased, at the same time, two large "assortments" of the K-cups from Hayneedle.
They didn't arrive on the day the tracking said they would.

Long story short, they apologized, explaining the coffee was coming from a different supplier. When I told them that our new Keurig was no good without the coffee after the initial starter supply ran out, they tried to find out what had happened.....it had not shipped yet. I asked them to cancel it. They said they could NOT as it was already "in the system"......

Meanwhile, I ordered two batches of K-cups that we liked , from Amazon.com and they arrived yesterday.......very quickly, day after the holiday.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with enough K-cups to become an "official doomsday prepper"....

After the initial "back and forth" I have not heard again from Hayneedle.
Amazon.com is always expedient.

But, now that we have a new supply of the K-cups, not just the initial "starter set", I must say we are enjoying the coffee........and do change the water daily. Some of the K-cups were "bitter" and "too strong" for our taste..........the posters who mentioned that it takes time to decide exactly what one likes, were right on target.

But it is certainly QUICK, HOT and for the most part flavorful. Love it.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 AM

House watched for a friend recently. Was able to use theirs constantly. Love it and bought one. Being as cheap as I am though; went to CVS an bought a 4-pack Reusable Single Cup Pod. Just reuse each pod with your favorite coffee. expresso, loose tea, and Hot Cocoa. Don't mean to sound like a commercial; but it works for us just fine and don't have a bunch of the plastic pods to throw out or recycle. The coffee you use has to be a fine Grind though.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gawdun View Post
House watched for a friend recently. Was able to use theirs constantly. Love it and bought one. Being as cheap as I am though; went to CVS an bought a 4-pack Reusable Single Cup Pod. Just reuse each pod with your favorite coffee. expresso, loose tea, and Hot Cocoa. Don't mean to sound like a commercial; but it works for us just fine and don't have a bunch of the plastic pods to throw out or recycle. The coffee you use has to be a fine Grind though.
Good to know. We are still enjoying ours; in fact, I'm on now to order the Green Mountain hot apple cider K-cups and some hot chocolate K-cups for the grandkids' upcoming visit.

This morning, my husband mentioned doing exactly what you say above....using your own favorite coffee, etc. but I really like the K-cups "no mess", "no grounds", etc.

I might also get a second carousel to store the K-cups.

So far, even skeptic hubby is enjoying the Platinum Keurig......
Now, who sounds like a commercial?

I'm sure he will eventually end up buying the reusable single cup pod as you did.

Thanks for your input........I am glad I got it. He was worried it would take too long, but it is super fast.

We just have to remember to change the filter at the appropriate time.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I received a Keurig last Christmas. It mysteriously died in August. Keurig replaced it at no charge. All I had to do was return the plastic part where the K-Cup is placed. i love my Keurig. Starbucks Veranda Blend is one of my favorites. I also use it to brew tea -- much better than the messy tea bags.
That is very good to know (re the replaced at no charge, simply by returning the plastic part where the K-Cup is placed).

The "honor system" makes sense, especially considering that a consumer would not be lying re the malfunction ..........or they wouldn't be willing to ship back the part where the K-Cup is placed, rendering the machine useless.

I also think I'll add some tea to my K-cups order (of hot apple cider and hot chocolate K-Cups).

Thanks.....
Old 10-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Veteran member

Love the Keurig. We buy our coffee on amazon using subscribe & save. We get a couple of varieties for about 30 cents a cup with free shipping.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

We haven't gotten one yet, even though I enjoy the coffee it makes when we go somewhere that has one. I have a couple of questions about them. I have always been under the impression that it is much more expensive per cup of coffee than using our regular coffee maker. And, when I see the commercials on television where someone gets hot chocolate and the next person makes coffee, I wonder how the taste of the first product doesn't contaminate the taste of the second product? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 PM

I LOVE my Keurig. But it is more expensive than buying a can of coffee for sure.

I drink tea every am and have been using a bag inside of the K-Cup. Hard to justify spending the money on tea Kcups when bags are so much cheaper.

Never realized how popular the machine was till I got mine and started noticing all the flavors etc.

Got mine at Costco - came with a MyKcup and a bunch of starter pods.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.