» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM and CA, not necessarily in that order

A friend gave me a Keurig for Christmas a couple of years ago. I did not use it right away, finally got around to trying it out and now can't live without it. It makes the best, freshly brewed coffee with every mug!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Sage

have a platinum at home and work..and the travel keurig in tv...never leave a home without it
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

We have both a Keurig coffee maker and the new unit that does lattes which my wife prefers. Definately love both of them. We have ordered coffee from the Keurig site at a small discount but was wondering whether Amazon might be cheaper. I got a large box at Sams Club of Green Mountain decaf and it's OK but I like it a little bit stronger. As of right now I prefer the Folger decaf one better.

I can't wait for the soup addition to come out. Interesting idea.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-09-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Regarding Keurig Platinum K75 Single Cup Brewer.....

I finally gave in and ordered one yesterday.....have experienced them while traveling....

Anybody out there who really loves their Keurig? Or vice versa?

I figured that in the long run it would be less wasteful.....since it's just the two of us. Keeping other coffeemakers for when it's a crowd.....

I also ordered the large supply of Green Mountain coffee single serve....

It should arrive tomorrow......so we shall see. Just wondering who likes theirs? I have some relatives who love theirs.....while others prefer the old.
The Keurigs are excellent.

Coffee is always fresh

No wastage

Lots of variety in K-cups

My preferred is Folgers Black Silk, also Starbucks. You can also get Dunkin Donut coffee.

Also, we bought a basket so we can use any of our regular favorites or grind
our own.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray607 View Post
The Keurigs are excellent.

Coffee is always fresh

No wastage

Lots of variety in K-cups

My preferred is Folgers Black Silk, also Starbucks. You can also get Dunkin Donut coffee.

Also, we bought a basket so we can use any of our regular favorites or grind
our own.

Thank you and thanks to everyone else who posted above for the great tips and wonderful information..........it arrives today. I can't wait.

I did get the very large assortment of K-cups ......so eventually will give them all a try.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
THANK YOU. Good. I know I liked it when we were traveling and have heard some good things about them....I appreciate your input.

I did buy a second "batch" of assorted flavors besides the Green Mountain Morning Coffee assortment (I think that's the name of it)......

When the gang all come home for Thanksgiving........I'll put out another type coffee maker side by side...........or, they can also use this one. It sounds as if the coffee brews fairly fast.
the best thing to do now is to buy a couple of those brew your own coffee 'cups' for it. it is the least expensive way to enjoy the coffee you like - 25-35 cups for around 6.00 instead of the .50-.75 per cup using k-cups....and yes, brew a pot of coffee for the crowd, been to a party where only keurig was used..awful, people complained afterward that it took forever to get coffee -- 2 to 3 minutes a cup times 10 people was more like 40 minutes for the last person to get a cup.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
My DD gave me my Keurig for my birthday, and I like it for all the above reasons. That being said, I do like my brewed coffee a bit better. I'm a bit of a coffee snob. I order whole beans online from Costa Rica. For me it's cheaper and better coffee.

Rollie
if you are already getting whole beans then you should have a grinder, just use the 'brew your own' cups for the keurig. Every true coffee gourmand will tell you that coffee brewed under pressure (the keurig machine) is superior to plain brewed coffee....
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage

I received a Keurig last Christmas. It mysteriously died in August. Keurig replaced it at no charge. All I had to do was return the plastic part where the K-Cup is placed. i love my Keurig. Starbucks Veranda Blend is one of my favorites. I also use it to brew tea -- much better than the messy tea bags.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 PM

Got one this summer I Love IT! {yep for those whom know me I have converted to enjoying coffee!}
Old 10-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
the best thing to do now is to buy a couple of those brew your own coffee 'cups' for it. it is the least expensive way to enjoy the coffee you like - 25-35 cups for around 6.00 instead of the .50-.75 per cup using k-cups....and yes, brew a pot of coffee for the crowd, been to a party where only keurig was used..awful, people complained afterward that it took forever to get coffee -- 2 to 3 minutes a cup times 10 people was more like 40 minutes for the last person to get a cup.
Well, we had our first two cups when it arrived yesterday.....after set up.
Set up went very easily. It actually came with a starter set of the K-cups.
(My two assortments will arrive later today)

I tried the Green Mountain since we live in the Green Mountain state.
Less than one minute for the coffee to fill the cup. Mild but tasty and very fragrant. Very hot. Like that.

Hubby tried one of the more robust stronger K-cups.....can't recall the name. He likes his coffee strong and thought it was very good.

He seems to like the new gadget.

I do "hear you" about a big crowd. I have other coffeemakers.

But, for us, I think it will be very nice. I do understand what others said about it taking time to decide which particular "coffee" we prefer.

This morning hubby had Nantucket by Green Mountain and he liked that, even though it was milder than his robust one yesterday.

The bad thing was that we tried the coffee at about 4 p.m. after setting up the machine and soaking and rinsing the filter, etc. running the water through, etc....so it was late for us to be drinking coffee..........and he couldn't fall asleep last night. Today, we will just try it for an early lunch.

When our kids come home at Thanksgiving......some do not drink coffee, while the ones who do, get up at different times.........I don't see a problem with waiting for under one minute for a cup. It was super fast.

p.s. He had mentioned getting one of those filters to brew the coffee we have stocked in the pantry..........which, as you mention, can be used in the Keurig.

When the bigger assortment arrives today (two boxes of 150 each...so 300 K-cups), my own opinion would be to use them.....and keep our regular coffee for "if" we need to make it for a larger crowd in one of our other coffee makers.

Thank you.
And thank you all.......I'm glad I got it.
Closed Thread