Looking for car shipping info

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Default Looking for car shipping info

Looking ahead to next year, I'm thinking of having my car shipped from Pennsylvania to The Villages. If anyone has any recommendations, it would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Take a look at the Auto Train, then it can travel with you plus you can load the car with "stuff" to bring down. We used it for three years when we came down for the season and met some nice folks on the ride. Also, less scheduling of pickup and delivery of the car.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I agree with JoMar, we brought down 4 vehicles (long story) by the autotrain, works great, and is lower cost than any shipping company I could find, car and one person was under $500 (if I remember correctly). If you decide to do this, go out to Harrisburg, south on 15, to Frederick, then 270 to 95, and 10 miles to Lorton. This is MUCH better than taking 95 through Baltimore and Washington. Trip is under 24 hours, and also faster then transport companies, and cars are under cover, not completely watertight, but not completely open either.
Hope this helps.

Tags
car, villages, recommendations, appreciated, pennsylvania

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.