morning light show

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2017, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts
Default morning light show

Looking east about 40 degrees you will see the brightest object in the sky other than the Moon, Venus. Looking west you will of course see the brightest object the full moon this morning and Jupiter to the left, third brightest object in sky this morning. Some think Venus was the star of Bethlehem.
Was the Star of Bethlehem Actually Venus?

some think the convergence of Jupiter, Venus, and mars was the star of Bethlehem. Anyway for those that look up when stretching they're neck and wonder what the bright objects are the two brightest are not stars, but planets. FYI or not!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Sage

A day after, the moon moves 1/5 or so east each day due to its rotation around the earth. Today I was almost 90 straight up looking through clouds, tomorrow it will be 45 degrees to the east close to Venus. And the next day it will varily be above the horizo to the east. But Venus will still be in eastern sky and Jupiter will still be in the western sky.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:22 AM

The bright object just to the upper right of the moon in the evening is Jupiter, not Venus.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
The bright object just to the upper right of the moon in the evening is Jupiter, not Venus.

I sorry if I confused you I did say Venus was to the east in the morning (brightest object in the sky this morning). Also the moon has moved from the first post day ago at 5:30am when viewed. Venus is almost twice as bright as Jupiter, jupiter moves across the sky much slower and visible in evening almost straight up and further west in the morning. Venus on the other moves much faster across the sky and was visible at sunset for about hour month or so ago. Now Venus in in the eastern sky before the sun comes up in the morning. If you think I still gave fault information please highlight and quote or pm me with the correction.
Closed Thread

Tags
brightest, morning, venus, object, jupiter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.