Moving From The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
When looking at comps, I want to know more than just selling prices. I want to know how many days-on-market and whether there have been any price reductions or relistings.
A good agent should include the above information in a Comparative Market Analysis.
Often when agents set a price that is higher than the market will bear, it is at the owner's insistence.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Similar thing happened to me when I first moved here. I was waiting to get into Line Dancing at Laurel Manor and this woman unloaded on me about how much she hated TV, could not wait to get away etc. etc. I had been here about two weeks and must admit it was a bit unnerving to hear her going on and on.
I think I met this "lady" eight years ago. I was at LSL, she had been in TV for five (5) years and hated it. She said there were too many tattoo's and fat people.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I think I met this "lady" eight years ago. I was at LSL, she had been in TV for five (5) years and hated it. She said there were too many tattoo's and fat people.
I'm not sure whether you are kidding, but you got the right time line, but I really don't remember what the rant was about just too many people and too crowded and how her husband loved it here and would not move! It was a bit disarming because I was still floating in the TV fog they spray over you.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
I'm not sure whether you are kidding, but you got the right time line, but I really don't remember what the rant was about just too many people and too crowded and how her husband loved it here and would not move! It was a bit disarming because I was still floating in the TV fog they spray over you.
unfortunately..................a true story
Old 01-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I've lived in S. Florida since 1953. I lived in Hollywood just east of Pembroke Pines for 14 years and got to tell you summers are far from comfortable. Higher humidity then central Florida and those breezes feel like a hair dryer.
we live on the water...lake? west pembroke close to weston...so maybe thats the difference?

Last edited by kstew43; 01-02-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Similar thing happened to me when I first moved here. I was waiting to get into Line Dancing at Laurel Manor and this woman unloaded on me about how much she hated TV, could not wait to get away etc. etc. I had been here about two weeks and must admit it was a bit unnerving to hear her going on and on.
As someone told me the other day, the people you run into here who are grumpy, bitchy, complainers didn't turn that way once they moved here. They have always been miserable and always will be.
Closed Thread

Tags
moving, information, villages, knowledge, firsthand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.