Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   new york road rage (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/new-york-road-rage-90217/)

karostay 10-02-2013 02:23 PM

Feel sorry for SUV driver and his family being terrorized by punks
Should of been driving a tractor trailer could have gotten the whole bunch.:ho:

Golfingnut 10-02-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovetv (Post 756447)
Kellyjam: As a person who's lived in the Bronx, would you have taken the exits the SUV driver passed (or maybe was blocked from taking), or would that have been jumping from the frying pan into the fire? (Their turf?) It seems he had little recourse but to stay on the expressway.

He should have stayed on the multi lane road for more maneuverability to run over the bikers. Or three or four clips in a tech 10 would have been an alternative.

karostay 10-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjam (Post 756398)
Almost impossible to get a carry permit in NYC.

Criminals have no problem carrying only law abiding citizens do

ilovetv 10-02-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 756449)
Feel sorry for SUV driver and his family being terrorized by punks
Should of been driving a tractor trailer could have gotten the whole bunch.:ho:

A sadly delicious thought.

ijusluvit 10-02-2013 02:40 PM

I've driven NYC multi-lane highways many times and the bikers are more frequent than they have ever been in the past. When traffic is slowed, they often weave between cars, drive on shoulders, between lanes, etc. They are always speeding, extremely reckless, always ride in groups, and are almost impossible to spot until they are on you. Since rapid lane changing is the most popular sport in NYC, there are many accidents and near accidents when someone leaves their lane and a biker is coming through. Since I don't live there, I don't know what the police are doing to deal with this, but I can see it would be very difficult to catch the offenders with anything less than camera coverage. The last few times I've experienced the problem, I've called 911 with the location and direction of the bikers.
In this particular incident, the group is part of the Hollywood Stunts. The guy who slowed in front of the Range Rover probably was reacting to a comment, gesture or car movement made by the driver earlier. Thankfully the driver sustained only a few stitches in the assault, and his wife and child are safe.

In my opinion, this problem is the biggest one on NYC highways at present. It's downright scary.