new york road rage

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Gold member
Default new york road rage

SHOCK VIDEO: SUV runs over bikers, bikers chase and beat down driver in New York City
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Have to wait and see what the facts are about this.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Platinum member

If I were the driver I would have done the exact same thing.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I've seen it. Looks a lot like the clowns on crotch rockets I've nearly hit zipping up and down 27/441 between 2 lanes of traffic without any regard to other peoples safety let alone theirs.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
If I were the driver I would have done the exact same thing.
I agree. This young man had a wife and baby in his car........with approx 30 bikers on his tail. He's in the hospital with a broken back, etc.

Yes, I am curious about the particulars that led up to this. Evidently a second arrest was made today.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Sage

Defending and teaching gang mentality to younger people.....
Domenech said her family is upset that most of the attention from the incident is focused on Lien and not her nephew, a married father of a 10-year-old and a 14-year-old.

"This man with a Range Rover and luxury lifestyle — it's OK for him to do something to someone because he rides a bike or has tattoos?" she said."
(Never mind this.......)
"Kelly said the bikers did not have a permit for the rally and the NYPD only learned of the gathering — in its second year — through social media.
He said police had fanned out around Manhattan to watch for trouble, arresting 15 bikers and confiscating 55 motorcycles unrelated to the attack on the Range Rover."
1 biker charged, another critical in NYC Range Rover chase - U.S. News
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I agree. This young man had a wife and baby in his car........with approx 30 bikers on his tail. He's in the hospital with a broken back, etc.

Yes, I am curious about the particulars that led up to this. Evidently a second arrest was made today.
When I watched the entire video, it showed the bikers surrounding the Range Rover, then one bike deliberately stopped right in front of the vehicle. Several bikers then got off of their bikes and converged on the family. He then gunned it, ran over some of the thugs and the chase ensued ending up with a vicious assault on the driver.

An important point must be made: these were guys on bikes, not bikers. They are simply thugs that are used to harrassing innocent citizens with impunity.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
When I watched the entire video, it showed the bikers surrounding the Range Rover, then one bike deliberately stopped right in front of the vehicle. Several bikers then got off of their bikes and converged on the family. He then gunned it, ran over some of the thugs and the chase ensued ending up with a vicious assault on the driver.

An important point must be made: these were guys on bikes, not bikers. They are simply thugs that are used to harrassing innocent citizens with impunity.
I agree. Thugs. I have no problems with bikes in general. I have friends with harleys and none of them ever operate their bikes in the manner these thugs do. Another thing I like about the bigger bikes like the Harleys is that you can hear a Harley coming up behind you. The noise doesn't bother me at all.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Perhaps now the SUV driver will conceal and carry
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Perhaps now the SUV driver will conceal and carry
Yeah....and then the newspaper in NJ or NY will publish an interactive map showing his address with all other residents of 2-3 counties and whether they have a CCW permit......

Newspaper sparks outrage for publishing names, addresses of gun permit holders - CNN.com
Old 10-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Platinum member

I've often wanted to take out the squeegy guys at the tunnel.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Sage

I have been riding for over 50 years. The bikers were wrong no matter what the car driver did that gave them a reason to attack. I will always defend, but what they did was aggravated assault.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:38 PM

Almost impossible to get a carry permit in NYC.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Veteran member

The video showed that one motorcyclist changed lanes quickly and was dangerously close to the SUV. Then he hit the brakes abruptly leaving no reaction time for the SUV to react and the SUV rear ended the bike. Not even giving the SUV driver and the cyclist a chance to discuss the matter, the cyclists started hitting the SUV and attempted to slash the tires. He did what anyone would do and use any means to protect his family and get out of harms way. If that meant driving over some motorcycles, and riders, well, sucks to be them, and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would have quickly dialed 911 and be driving to the nearest police station for protection, especially after the remaining bikers were following him looking to inflict additional damage to the car or bodily harm!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjam View Post
Almost impossible to get a carry permit in NYC.
Kellyjam: As a person who's lived in the Bronx, would you have taken the exits the SUV driver passed (or maybe was blocked from taking), or would that have been jumping from the frying pan into the fire? (Their turf?) It seems he had little recourse but to stay on the expressway.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.