Possibly, a valuable suggestion for home cooks

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Possibly, a valuable suggestion for home cooks

I'm a guy, a guy that enjoys cooking at home. We eat dinner in 5 or 6 times per week.

My gal Phyllis does not really cook - so that enjoyable task is up to me. Many of our dishes involve a 12" pan. I have always used the standard non-stick variety - the dark Teflon stuff. I seem to go through one every year or so - scratches and wear.

Was time to get another and we happened to be in Bealls Outlet. I have bought pans there before. Looking thru their stock I saw some that were 'Ceramic coated'. And free of chemicals etc. Looked good to me and picked one up, with a glass cover. $14.99. This one was from Gibson Home, their ECO Friendly Home line.

Have used it 4 times so far, and voila' - IT'S GREAT! Truly not stick (like cooking on glass), and so easy to clean (her job).

I think we found a winner! One that will hopefully last... FYI for you home cooks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	gibson-home-107250-02-hummington-eco-friendly-3-5-quart-ceramic-non-stick-saute-pan-with-lid-red.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	66285  
Old 02-26-2017, 12:03 AM
Veteran member

Since I am a widow I get both jobs, cooking and cleaning up, I appreciate the tip! Good price too.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:15 AM
Email Reported As Spam

we prefer to cook at home. seldom eat out

I normally cook breakfast and my wife dinner

I prefer stainless steel pans but the clean up is a chore

We do use iron skillets for certain dishes and for making deep dish pizza

both my parent also loved to cook. My dad referred to himself as a chef. why? because a chef doesn't do dishes only cooks

I am going to look into getting that pan. thank you

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

My George Forman grille is ceramic coated, and works well. The only problem is that the grille is so slippery, that the steaks sometimes slide off of it on to the counter.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:24 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Thank you. Great info.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Thanks from me too. We eat at home most of the time, especially during snowbird season. I have seen this pan advertised on TV and thought it was too good to be true, but I will definitely give it a try.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Thanks from me too. We eat at home most of the time, especially during snowbird season. I have seen this pan advertised on TV and thought it was too good to be true, but I will definitely give it a try.
If you are speaking about the copper ones as seen on TV, I've found them to be the best. I tried other ceramic coated fry pans previously, but over time they always seemed to lose their ability ro remain stick-free. The copper ones seem to work like new each time. I love them! You can also use them in the oven as well as on the range.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

UPDATE by OP>

Have used the ceramic-coated pan about 15 times since bought. My'dishwasher gal' loves it. It cleans up superbly - NO scraping or such - stuff just sponges and rinses off. After use -on an electric glasstop- CANNOT tell it's been used at all. BTW I only use silicone-tipped tongs and rubberlike spoons in the pan.

SO recommend a pan as this.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:34 PM
Platinum member

I agree with Abby. Copper coated ones are great. Had had the small fry pan for a year and I'm going to get more of the different sizes.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,846 Times in 2,405 Posts

I prefer gold coated! Only the best for my chief cook and bottle washer! i'll take look at these pans see if they meet my standards
Closed Thread

Tags
home, glass, times, guy, cooks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.