Rumor about Rifles, Rails and History 2017

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2017, 05:28 AM
Location: Mpls. MN, Indpls. IN, Chicago IL, LaMirada CA, Clearwater:Pinellas Park:Tampa:Viera FL-The Villages
Default Rumor about Rifles, Rails and History 2017

I've been hearing rumors that this years Rifles, Rails and History in Tavares, FL will not take place this year. This rumor is FALSE! Don't know who or how it got started, let me lay out the truth. I personally know a Councilman in Tavares and a founder of this event at the end of September.

Yes, the train engine that has been there the last 4 years will not be there. Why, because THEY did not renew their contract to use the railroad ties. RRH is looking for another train, but they are also looking at a steamship for the lake and more water events.

Since I have been one of the Living History volunteers for the last 4 years, we both agreed that the most important part of this event is to Educate people about the true history of the war, not just the slanted version that has been taught for decades.

So again, 2017 Rifles, Rails, and History in Tavares, FL at the end of September is STILL ON!!! Get the TRUE information out there, please.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!! GET INVOLVED!!!:
Old 01-24-2017, 06:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Huh? Which war?
Old 01-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Huh? Which war?
Rifles and rails should've been a clue...Civil War.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Default Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ Spencer View Post
I've been hearing rumors that this years Rifles, Rails and History in Tavares, FL will not take place this year. This rumor is FALSE! Don't know who or how it got started, let me lay out the truth. I personally know a Councilman in Tavares and a founder of this event at the end of September.

Yes, the train engine that has been there the last 4 years will not be there. Why, because THEY did not renew their contract to use the railroad ties. RRH is looking for another train, but they are also looking at a steamship for the lake and more water events.

Since I have been one of the Living History volunteers for the last 4 years, we both agreed that the most important part of this event is to Educate people about the true history of the war, not just the slanted version that has been taught for decades.

So again, 2017 Rifles, Rails, and History in Tavares, FL at the end of September is STILL ON!!! Get the TRUE information out there, please.
Not heard anything about the train not being there anymore. So are you saying the steam engine that ran from Tavares to Mount Dora no longer is doing that run? So did the train company not renew or did the rail line not renew the lease?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Rifles and rails should've been a clue...Civil War.
The War between the States AKA The War of Northern Aggression. You are in the South now.

The War to prevent Southern Independence.

Tags
history, tavares, rails, rifles, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.