Something I am pondering

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Something I am pondering

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, i(it happened once before) that the same people who are so appalled that a child (Trayvon Martin) was killed are often the same people who favor abortion. I hope I will not be slammed for this comment because it is something I am sincerely pondering at this time. I just don't know what to think but it seems a pattern to me. Maybe I am wrong...maybe not.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:12 PM

And by the same token, those in favor of no abortions are generally in favor of the death penalty. It's a strange world we live in these days...everything has two sides to it; there are no absolutes any longer. Sometimes I wonder (and ponder) what is progress?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Gold member

And I'm wondering why there has been little or no outcry about the murders and violence in Chicago from the same folks who are now demonstrating and threatening Federal Civil Rights Action.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

And I'm wondering if the first two posters will back up their opinions with facts.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab View Post
And by the same token, those in favor of no abortions are generally in favor of the death penalty.
Protecting innocent babies that have absolutely no way of defending or speaking out and punishing those found guilty of knowingly committing heinous murders is the difference and an understandable reason to be against abortions for just birth control and yet be for the death penalty in certain cases.

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 07-14-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And I'm wondering if the first two posters will back up their opinions with facts.
I did not say I have an opinion based on fact, only thoughts that I am processing. Perhaps you have facts to help me clarify my mind.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
It seems to me, and I could be wrong, i(it happened once before) that the same people who are so appalled that a child (Trayvon Martin) was killed are often the same people who favor abortion. I hope I will not be slammed for this comment because it is something I am sincerely pondering at this time. I just don't know what to think but it seems a pattern to me. Maybe I am wrong...maybe not.

I don't think many people are in favor of abortions, but most people are in favor of a woman being able to choose what she does with her own body. On the other hand, some people are so extreme in making sure every fetus is born, but after that they want nothing to do with providing services to every child.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Who in their right mind would be sick enough to even remotely make such a comparison.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Who in their right mind would be sick enough to even remotely make such a comparison.
Wow! You don't even know me and suggest that I am sick! Amazing! I am so sorry that you feel that way! Sorry that you cannot see a life is a life! No, I am not against pro choice, there are just things that don't always make sense to me as I need to consider all sides of issues. Why is it so easy to make annoynomus remarks that you would not make to a persons face. I hoped my post would cause people to stop and think and give opinions, not condemnation.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Sage

I'm wondering why I keep going on TOTV?
It helps me know how differently we all think. It's amazing how you can think like you do and how could you, and I don't think your way, and how could I?
and yes we all have blind spots and hold contradictory beliefs without noticing that it should cause us cognitive dissonance but does not until someone points it out, like you are all doing.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
I don't think many people are in favor of abortions, but most people are in favor of a woman being able to choose what she does with her own body. On the other hand, some people are so extreme in making sure every fetus is born, but after that they want nothing to do with providing services to every child.

I do agree with your thoughts.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Gold member

I am indifferent to the abortion subject. That being said, I always wonder when the issue of a woman being able to choose what she does with her body why we don't consider that she is doing something to the child's body much more damaging. I have never known anyone who admits to having an abortion and I don't understand in todays times why an unwanted pregnancy even happens except in rape or incest of course. There is such easy access to contraceptives and now the morning after pill so why are the thousands of abortions still being done. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
And I'm wondering why there has been little or no outcry about the murders and violence in Chicago from the same folks who are now demonstrating and threatening Federal Civil Rights Action.
In Chicago, it's Black vs. Black.

In FL, it was a Black vs. a White Hispanic.

None of all of this killing makes any sense.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Friends, relatives and those who identify with the Trayvon Martin incident are appalled because they either knew him or identified with him. On the other hand, an aborted fetus is nameless and unknown, a non-person.

Legally, a woman has the right to choose and one thing that might stop her from choosing abortion is her moral conscience, if she has any.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Platinum member

There's a big old goofy man
Dancing with a big old goofy girl
Ooh, it's a big old goofy world.

That which does not destroy you, makes you stronger- Nietzsche
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.