Trayvon Martin

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Veteran member

I think that I'm starting to smell a rat here. A witness intimidation rat. I'm not sure who is doing it but it sure smells.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Gold member

Thanks for Jackson and Sharpton shedding light on this case.Now sure about young black male being killed by rival black gangs males often nightly in this country. Could same be said for white or hispantic youth.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMANN View Post
I think that I'm starting to smell a rat here. A witness intimidation rat. I'm not sure who is doing it but it sure smells.
The defense should be able to discredit their testimony if such is the case. Witnesses are very unreliable anyway especially in this kind of situation where you have a fight at night which becomes a very high profile case.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Thanks for Jackson and Sharpton shedding light on this case.Now sure about young black male being killed by rival black gangs males often nightly in this country. Could same be said for white or hispantic youth.
Sharpton and Jackson did not throw light on this case. In the absence of facts, Sharpton and Jackson prejudged it, got a lot of other people to do the same by inciting the media to report the matter in a way that completely distorted the facts, and needlessly stirred up racial hatred for their own benefit.

I'm not defending Zimmerman. All the facts are not public yet. However, he is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

The first time that witnesses gave their testimony there were simply witnesses to something that happened. They gave their account as they believed that they saw it.

The second time the witnesses gave their testimony they were afraid. They thought better of endangering themselves. The obvious race madness that had taken place since their first testimony has put them in fear of their lives and their families.

I can understand why they would change their stories. They did change their stories. It's too bad because they may end up getting themselves in trouble anyway.

Also, they may very well have guaranteed Zimmermans acquittal.

Just my opinion
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

There are many ethnic gangs in the United States, and there are murders everyday in this country. I don't know where you are from, but you must watch the national news, occasionally. An example would be Gangster disciples and Vice lords--typically black gangs involved in drug trade, and they are continually fighting over teritory. My point is when a black male kills another black male, there is about 15 minutes of fame, but as soon as a white male kills a black male, Jackson and Sharpton come and cry "racist" and the media frenzy starts. It is not always racist--it is most often violence and anger and drugs. None of it is right, and it will be impossible to have a fair trial.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Veteran member

As long as there are people who refuse to cower in the night we will have a reasonable sense of security from the thugs on the street. If they think that you are cowering in the night they will kill you. If they think that they could be killed they will leave you alone. They don't want to die either.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Gold member
Default Another unarmed man brutally shot in Florida?

Cops: Miami face-eating attack one of the 'goriest scenes' we've ever seen - NY Daily News
Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Gold member
Default The Daily Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
Interesting: Every News organiozation in the world has been reporting on this tragic event in Sanford Florida. Not One word in the Daily Sun, The Fun Only Newsletter.It is a shame they call themselves a news organization.
The Daily Sun was and is a forum for the Republican party. You do get some local news, unfortunately the reporters usually get the details wrong. There are definately news worthy items that are left out of the news, sink holes, crimes , etc. I challenge anyone to show me a political cartoon making light of the republican party and yet there is one pokink fun at Obama almost every day. Another challenge would be to have someone write a letter to the editor that is developer or Villages negative.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
The Daily Sun was and is a forum for the Republican party. You do get some local news, unfortunately the reporters usually get the details wrong. There are definately news worthy items that are left out of the news, sink holes, crimes , etc. I challenge anyone to show me a political cartoon making light of the republican party and yet there is one pokink fun at Obama almost every day. Another challenge would be to have someone write a letter to the editor that is developer or Villages negative.
You are right about the Republican slant of The Daily Sun. The Orlando Sentinel has a Democratic slant. The Boston Globe has a slant, The New York Times has a slant, and it depends on what you are used to or whether that is your slant if you agree with it or if you see a slant or not. I lived all of my life in the midwest and The Daily Sun mirrors The Columbus Dispatch and the Cincinnati Enquirer and the Indianapolis paper in it's political leanings and in their picks of editorial writers.

HOWEVER, I disagree with you that The Daily Sun fails to have news of sinkholes, crimes and even printed the news of the The Morses being sited for hunting violations in Montana. It prints the police blotter with all three counties arrests. It has had several articles about the Trayvon Martin shooting. I read it through every day.

It is owned by the Morse family and the Morse family's business is to sell houses. They are also large contributors to the Republican party and only invite Republican candidates to speak here. NEVER Democratic candidates. We are all old enough to figure that out. I personally have no problem with the Sun. And since an overwhelming majority of people here agree with the politics, it does just fine.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Democratic candidates have visited the Villages though. I seem to remember a bus carrying the VP candidate--Joe Biden-- making a stop in Spanish Springs Square back in 2008. It did not get much press in The Villages Daily Sun but there was a little bit of it. Not the front page extravaganza that Sarah Palin's trip here about the same time got. Biden visit: Stopping at a Villages ice cream shop | Ocala.com

With respect to candidate Obama; he made it to Ocala and Orlando but never to TV that I recall back in 2008.

As to the slant of our local paper, they do report negative press in the Villages Daily Sun just not as often as other papers which seem to revel in it.

I have seen Letters to the Editor though that are critical of Republican candidates and such. You probably will never see featured Democratic commentators along with Ann Coulter though in the Op-Ed pages.

IMHO, The Sun has handled the Trayvon Martin case rather well.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Default Will the real Travon Martin please stand up?

I apologize if this has been posted before. There are so many posts here I didn't read them all. But I thought I'd throw this into the mix. Obama and politics aside, what do you think about the media using a 5 year old photo?

They don't show the up-to-date pictures of Trayvon Martin, in the media. Now you know why. Kinda scary ain't it?

The Villages Florida

That old adage applies here. . . "there are two sides to every story" . . .we don't always get the truth from the media (in my experience there's 3 sides - your side, my side, and what really happened).
One of my favorite rants...the liberal controlled media...television news...newspapers...magazines...radio...all continue to show 12 year old Trayvon...NOT 17 year old Trayvon...they continue to show the 5 year old picture BECAUSE it helps to cement in your mind the little, cute, Hoodie wearing youngster who was stalked by this monster
In reality.."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds...had numerous run ins with authorities (both at school and local police)...had been stopped and almost arrested two days before his death for...smacking a bus driver in the face...because the driver refused to let him ride for free...he was released because the driver was told not to press charges by the bus company and to continue on his route.
When "little Trayvon" was suspended at school...it was not only because he tried to bring a little marijuana in with him...he was in possession of wedding rings and other jewelry...watches etc. That he said he "found" along with a large screwdriver...while on the way to school that day...the jewelry was turned over to the Police by the school. I am not trying to say this was a good shooting...
I am not trying to say this kid deserved to die...I am saying...the media in the USA is controlled by liberals who twist and distort what you see and hear in order for you to see things their way.
Not a single paper has printed RECENT photos of this kid...because...it would not keep your interest in this case... Not a single paper will admit that this kid was a marijuana dealer...his friends on Facebook all say he had the "best plants"...not a single paper will show you any of his recent photos where he shows off a mouthful of gold teeth....all of his tattoos...not a single paper will tell the news like it really is....and NOT how they want you to think it is...

A fair and impartial news media in the USA ? No. One that does not follow the liberal agenda? Nope. Are they helping to further divide this already fractured Nation? Yes, they are!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Sage

You have two infractions on this one post. First, you are not allowed to mention a politician on a non-political post. Second, you are not allowed to make a racial slur even if you are quoting something. We must be respectful on this forum.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
You have two infractions on this one post. First, you are not allowed to mention a politician on a non-political post. Second, you are not allowed to make a racial slur even if you are quoting something. We must be respectful on this forum.
I believe the "racial slur" was Trayvon's facebook user name.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
I apologize if this has been posted before. There are so many posts here I didn't read them all. But I thought I'd throw this into the mix. Obama and politics aside, what do you think about the media using a 5 year old photo?

They don't show the up-to-date pictures of Trayvon Martin, in the media. Now you know why. Kinda scary ain't it?

The Villages Florida

That old adage applies here. . . "there are two sides to every story" . . .we don't always get the truth from the media (in my experience there's 3 sides - your side, my side, and what really happened).
One of my favorite rants...the liberal controlled media...television news...newspapers...magazines...radio...all continue to show 12 year old Trayvon...NOT 17 year old Trayvon...they continue to show the 5 year old picture BECAUSE it helps to cement in your mind the little, cute, Hoodie wearing youngster who was stalked by this monster
In reality.."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds...had numerous run ins with authorities (both at school and local police)...had been stopped and almost arrested two days before his death for...smacking a bus driver in the face...because the driver refused to let him ride for free...he was released because the driver was told not to press charges by the bus company and to continue on his route.
When "little Trayvon" was suspended at school...it was not only because he tried to bring a little marijuana in with him...he was in possession of wedding rings and other jewelry...watches etc. That he said he "found" along with a large screwdriver...while on the way to school that day...the jewelry was turned over to the Police by the school. I am not trying to say this was a good shooting...
I am not trying to say this kid deserved to die...I am saying...the media in the USA is controlled by liberals who twist and distort what you see and hear in order for you to see things their way.
Not a single paper has printed RECENT photos of this kid...because...it would not keep your interest in this case... Not a single paper will admit that this kid was a marijuana dealer...his friends on Facebook all say he had the "best plants"...not a single paper will show you any of his recent photos where he shows off a mouthful of gold teeth....all of his tattoos...not a single paper will tell the news like it really is....and NOT how they want you to think it is...
President King Obama...looked at the FIVE year old photo the media chose to show the Nation...and said..."If I had a son...he would look like Trayvon" So from that comment...should I assume you did not bother to look for the facts in this shooting..or should I assume you want a son who is a 17 year old drug dealing, gold teethed thug whose name on one of his Facebook profiles was "wild n****"...who 'finds" jewelry and burglary tools on the way to school ?
A fair and impartial news media in the USA ? No. One that does not follow the liberal agenda? Nope. Are they helping to further divide this already fractured Nation? Yes, they are!

I removed the slur from my quote.

Now let's talk about the parents....

Why did they copyright "I am Trayvon" & "Justice for Trayvon". The only reason I know to copyright is $$$$.

Why did they give consent for the tattoos?

How come when the father and his girlfriend came home they didn't know anything had happened till the next morning?

Last edited by Patty55; 06-07-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: removed racial slur from quote
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.