Trayvon Martin

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Gold member

In our country,people who speak up for injustice of others are known as national heros. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spoke of the Travon Martin injustice that was going on just days after the shooting with nothing being done. Should you not think that these men should be awarded the same honor. I do.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
You have two infractions on this one post. First, you are not allowed to mention a politician on a non-political post. Second, you are not allowed to make a racial slur even if you are quoting something. We must be respectful on this forum.
Sorry. I didn't intend to violate rules. I have deleted the offending paragraph. But please keep in mind these are not my words. I copied and pasted an email I received to stimulate discussion.

What do you think of the subject of the post?

Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
in our country,people who speak up for injustice of others are known as national heros. Sharpton and jesse jackson spoke of the travon martin injustice that was going on just days after the shooting with nothing being done. Should you not think that these men should be awarded the same honor. I do.
nope
Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Things are not always as they seem to be.
Receiving an email, does not mean the contents are true. One should check out the validity of the email before sending on to your whole email list or posting on the Internet.
The photo above is actually of rapper Jayceon Terrel.
Go to Snopes.com and search on Trayvon Martin.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Things are not always as they seem to be.
Receiving an email, does not mean the contents are true. One should check out the validity of the email before sending on to your whole email list or posting on the Internet.
The photo above is actually of rapper Jayceon Terrel.
Go to Snopes.com and search on Trayvon Martin.
Good point. I'm guilty as charged, if that is true.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum member

Trayvon did in fact have tattoos and gold grillwork on his teeth. These pictures are from Trayvon's twitter account-(sorry I don't know how to post only the photo.)

http://the-american-journal.com/tray...rugs-violence/
Old 06-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
Trayvon did in fact have tattoos and gold grillwork on his teeth. These pictures are from Trayvon's twitter account-(sorry I don't know how to post only the photo.)

http://the-american-journal.com/tray...rugs-violence/
Or, in fact is this the other Trayvon Martin whose picture was incorrectly posted on many sites, that later made retractions that the photo was not the Marting that was killed?
On the "other" Martin's face book page it said he went Myers Middle School not Dr Michael M Krup Senior High School where the dead Martin attended.
Also on the "other" Martin's page it listed that his relatives lived in Savannah, Ga.
This information can also be viewed on Snopes.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Or, in fact is this the other Trayvon Martin whose picture was incorrectly posted on many sites, that later made retractions that the photo was not the Marting that was killed?
On the "other" Martin's face book page it said he went Myers Middle School not Dr Michael M Krup Senior High School where the dead Martin attended.
Also on the "other" Martin's page it listed that his relatives lived in Savannah, Ga.
This information can also be viewed on Snopes.
This Trayvon has his mother's name tattooed on his arm. I don't think some random rapper would do that.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Gold member

Martin was NOT shot because he was black. Zimmerman was NOT a racist. He tutored black kids. The media would like you to believe that as would Jessie Jackson, Sharpton and the rest who spoke up against him. Zimmerman appears to be more Mexican than white. This was all a disgrace how it was handled by the liberal media of course. Zimmermans head was all bloody and could have been the result of being beaten into the ground. Martin's photo of course was Nothing like what he looks like. He is over 6 ft tall, a big guy and had a previous record. What happened? We really don't know that. It could have been self defense. A jury will determine and hopefully it won't turn out to be another OJ case. Someone is out to racially divide up this country??
Old 06-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage
Quote:
I believe the "racial slur" was Trayvon's facebook user name.
Is the point of these posts that Trayvon Martin didn't deserve to live if he looked a certain way or had certain events in his life? It doesn't matter if the "racial slur" was his middle name, using it on this forum is offensive to some people.

Last edited by janmcn; 06-07-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Gold member

Get real with those pictures of Travon. He was not anywhere that big or that many pounds. George Zimmerman would never never stop and confront one on one with the pictures being shown here. He was just a high school kid 5'10 160. Travon just being in the wrong place at the wrong time,be confronted by George (Predenting to be a cop) Zimmerman.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Gold member

Pretending
Old 06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Is the point of these posts that Trayvon Martin didn't deserve to live if he looked a certain way or had certain events in his life? It doesn't matter if the "racial slur" was his middle name, using it on this forum is unacceptable to some people.
I don't recall anyone saying he didn't deserve to live because of his appearance. If "certain events in his life" is referring to his being suspended from school for drug residue, assaulting a bus driver, getting tattoos while underage... again I would never say he doesn't deserve to live. What I do see is a Person In Need of Supervision and a family needing parenting classes.

Yes, using a racial slur on this board is politically incorrect and unacceptable, (this is why I ediitted out the word when I quoted)but that he chose that slur as his FB name is an indication of his mindset and character.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Sage
Question

Quote:
I don't recall anyone saying he didn't deserve to live because of his appearance. If "certain events in his life" is referring to his being suspended from school for drug residue, assaulting a bus driver, getting tattoos while underage... again I would never say he doesn't deserve to live. What I do see is a Person In Need of Supervision and a family needing parenting classes.

Yes, using a racial slur on this board is politically incorrect and unacceptable, (this is why I ediitted out the word when I quoted)but that he chose that slur as his FB name is an indication of his mindset and character.
And how do you know his facebook name?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
And how do you know his facebook name?
Excuse me, I made an error, his fb name was Trayvon Slimm Martin, it was his Twitter account that had the "N" word. I know this from MSM reports and seeing screenshots from prior to his death. I am sure that when the Sunshine Laws kick it will be included in a doc dump.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.