Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Trayvon Martin (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/trayvon-martin-50649/)

mac9 03-31-2012 10:37 AM

Advogado, No it does not mean that Zimmerman is guilty. I just stated that because his father is a judge (and he has been arrested before) that the police could indeed have known him and that he was not a complete stranger to him. Unlike some other opinions on here, I am not the judge and jury. I think that the American system of justice is a fair and equitable system unlike that of many other countries. However, I do not think that it is infallible.

RichieLion 03-31-2012 10:42 AM

Deaths that don't count.

Maybe some of those outraged by Martin's death can expend some outrage over these deaths.

Why isn't there any?

Deaths that don’t count? - NYPOST.com

skyguy79 03-31-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 473754)
Deaths that don't count.

Maybe some of those outraged by Martin's death can expend some outrage over these deaths.

Why isn't there any?

I think that the answer to "Why isn't there any" isn't too hard to figure out. Those other deaths are not sensationalized by the media and civil rights activists like this case it. I also think that the last sentence of the article you gave a link to (not to say it applies to any comments on this thread) really hits a nail on the head.

RichieLion 03-31-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 473761)
I think that the answer to "Why isn't there any" isn't too hard to figure out. Those other deaths are not sensationalized by the media and civil rights activists like this case it. I also think that the last sentence of the article you gave a link to (not to say it applies to any comments on this thread) really hits a nail on the head.

Of course my question was rhetorical, but as usual you hit the nail squarely on the head by focusing on the last sentence of the article.

excellent.

Advogado 03-31-2012 02:56 PM

Why let the absence of all the facts slow you down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac9;4o73747
Advogado, No it does not mean that Zimmerman is guilty. I just stated that because his father is a judge (and he has been arrested before) that the police could indeed have known him and that he was not a complete stranger to him. Unlike some other opinions on here, I am not the judge and jury. I think that the American system of justice is a fair and equitable system unlike that of many other countries. However, I do not think that it is infallible.

According to news reports, his dad was a judge in Virginia. So what's the relevance?

Also, the news reports state Zimmerman had been arrested for assaulting a police officer in 2005-- a fact that, if known to the officers on the scene, would have, in your view, endeared him to them?

There was an interesting article in the Daily Sun today about the effect that use of Martin's childhood photo, instead of the more threatening one of him sporting his gold grilles and a sleeveless tee shirt, had on public opinion in this case. It is interesting that the outdated photo continues to be used in most news stories, despite the availability to the more-recent one.

Incidentally, if you want to pick up a set of grilles for yourself, you can check the prices here: E Gold USA Inc - Removable Gold Teeth. And maybe pick up a set for yourself if you want to look like a drug dealer. However, they would seem to be unaffordable for most unemployed 17-year olds.

janmcn 03-31-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 473754)
Deaths that don't count.

Why isn't there any?

The title of this thread is Trayvon Martin, not murders around the country. Perhaps you should start another thread. I noticed that most of these crimes were solved and presume that the perpetrators will have a day in court. That's all that people are asking in this case.

janmcn 03-31-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advogado (Post 473830)
According to news reports, his dad was a judge in Virginia. So what's the relevance?

Also, the news reports state Zimmerman had been arrested for assaulting a police officer in 2005-- a fact that, if known to the officers on the scene, would have, in your view, endeared him to them?

There was an interesting article in the Daily Sun today about the effect that use of Martin's childhood photo, instead of the more threatening one of him sporting his gold grilles and a sleeveless tee shirt, had on public opinion in this case. It is interesting that the outdated photo continues to be used in most news stories, despite the availability to the more-recent one.

Incidentally, if you want to pick up a set of grilles for yourself, you can check the prices here: E Gold USA Inc - Removable Gold Teeth. And maybe pick up a set for yourself if you want to look like a drug dealer. However, they would seem to be unaffordable for most unemployed 17-year olds.

Did the Daily Sun explain what the relevance of what Trayvon Martin looked like has to do with his murder?

RichieLion 03-31-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 473833)
The title of this thread is Trayvon Martin, not murders around the country. Perhaps you should start another thread. I noticed that most of these crimes were solved and presume that the perpetrators will have a day in court. That's all that people are asking in this case.

If you don't see the relevance in the revolting circus revolving around the Martin case and the article I've posted, it's pointless of me to try to explain it to you.

If you think the investigation is moving too slowly, maybe you should run down to Sanford and join the lynching committee already in progress.

RichieLion 03-31-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 473834)
Did the Daily Sun explain what the relevance of what Trayvon Martin looked like has to do with his murder?

The only relevance to what Martin looked like is the fact that the media has only been showing a picture of a smiling 12 year old when Martin was an adult sized male.

It disingenuous; a word that perfectly suits all this hoopla.

rubicon 03-31-2012 03:31 PM

The Trayvon Martin campaign is a classic example of how the Sharpton's of the world manipulate people by feigning a faux victim mentality. As long as there are blacks that believe they are victims america will never get passed the issue of racism. The Sharpton and thelike continue to this faux belief in order to maintain status with the balck community . They create a need where one does not exist.

paulandjean 03-31-2012 04:12 PM

Think you are missing the point. Its a teen vs adult. The adults are mature and no the difference of right and wrong. The teen is not experienced as the adult. Teens make dumb judgements adults should know better. Teens brains are not developed at that age, if you would have worked around teenagers you would know this. George Zimmerman was the one who acted more like the teenager by not thinking things out.

mac9 03-31-2012 04:13 PM

Advogada, Let me get this straight. A set of gold "grills" makes you a drug dealer. That's as silly as saying that wearing a visor in the Villages makes you a golfer. You are letting your true and ever so self-righteous feelings shine through here.

BobKat1 03-31-2012 04:16 PM

Let's all just hope that while this whole circus rages on, behind the scenes officials are doing their investigations and that it gets properly and fairly resolved.

billethkid 03-31-2012 04:33 PM

and let's all hope that all the blacks will see that Al Sharpton is nothing more than a hate monger certified racist.
Even the NAACP separated with him last night.

He stands for everything blacks do not want.

Why the media even validates his presence is beyond good judgement.

Al Sharpton's mouth sets blacks back in time every time he opens it.

NO ADDED VALUE EXTREME RACIST.

btk

janmcn 03-31-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 473861)
and let's all hope that all the blacks will see that Al Sharpton is nothing more than a hate monger certified racist.
Even the NAACP separated with him last night.

He stands for everything blacks do not want.

Why the media even validates his presence is beyond good judgement.

Al Sharpton's mouth sets blacks back in time every time he opens it.

NO ADDED VALUE EXTREME RACIST.

btk

What is your link to the NAACP separating from Al Sharpton last night? I saw him today marching in an NAACP sponsored event. Again, this thread is titled Trayvon Martin, not Al Sharpton. Perhaps all those of you who are fixated on Al Sharpton should start another thread.