Talk of The Villages




» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 12,373
Default

Democratic candidates have visited the Villages though. I seem to remember a bus carrying the VP candidate--Joe Biden-- making a stop in Spanish Springs Square back in 2008. It did not get much press in The Villages Daily Sun but there was a little bit of it. Not the front page extravaganza that Sarah Palin's trip here about the same time got. Biden visit: Stopping at a Villages ice cream shop | Ocala.com

With respect to candidate Obama; he made it to Ocala and Orlando but never to TV that I recall back in 2008.

As to the slant of our local paper, they do report negative press in the Villages Daily Sun just not as often as other papers which seem to revel in it.

I have seen Letters to the Editor though that are critical of Republican candidates and such. You probably will never see featured Democratic commentators along with Ann Coulter though in the Op-Ed pages.

IMHO, The Sun has handled the Trayvon Martin case rather well.
Reply With Quote

Will the real Travon Martin please stand up?
  #372  
Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Golfer in Sanibel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Village of Sanibel
Posts: 378
Default Will the real Travon Martin please stand up?

I apologize if this has been posted before. There are so many posts here I didn't read them all. But I thought I'd throw this into the mix. Obama and politics aside, what do you think about the media using a 5 year old photo?


They don't show the up-to-date pictures of Trayvon Martin, in the media. Now you know why. Kinda scary ain't it?


Click the image to open in full size.


That old adage applies here. . . "there are two sides to every story" . . .we don't always get the truth from the media (in my experience there's 3 sides - your side, my side, and what really happened).
One of my favorite rants...the liberal controlled media...television news...newspapers...magazines...radio...all continue to show 12 year old Trayvon...NOT 17 year old Trayvon...they continue to show the 5 year old picture BECAUSE it helps to cement in your mind the little, cute, Hoodie wearing youngster who was stalked by this monster
.
In reality.."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds...had numerous run ins with authorities (both at school and local police)...had been stopped and almost arrested two days before his death for...smacking a bus driver in the face...because the driver refused to let him ride for free...he was released because the driver was told not to press charges by the bus company and to continue on his route.
When "little Trayvon" was suspended at school...it was not only because he tried to bring a little marijuana in with him...he was in possession of wedding rings and other jewelry...watches etc. That he said he "found" along with a large screwdriver...while on the way to school that day...the jewelry was turned over to the Police by the school. I am not trying to say this was a good shooting...
I am not trying to say this kid deserved to die...I am saying...the media in the USA is controlled by liberals who twist and distort what you see and hear in order for you to see things their way.
Not a single paper has printed RECENT photos of this kid...because...it would not keep your interest in this case... Not a single paper will admit that this kid was a marijuana dealer...his friends on Facebook all say he had the "best plants"...not a single paper will show you any of his recent photos where he shows off a mouthful of gold teeth....all of his tattoos...not a single paper will tell the news like it really is....and NOT how they want you to think it is...

A fair and impartial news media in the USA ? No. One that does not follow the liberal agenda? Nope. Are they helping to further divide this already fractured Nation? Yes, they are!
__________________
Going from this to this
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #373  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Sage
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,633
Default

You have two infractions on this one post. First, you are not allowed to mention a politician on a non-political post. Second, you are not allowed to make a racial slur even if you are quoting something. We must be respectful on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Gold member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
You have two infractions on this one post. First, you are not allowed to mention a politician on a non-political post. Second, you are not allowed to make a racial slur even if you are quoting something. We must be respectful on this forum.
I believe the "racial slur" was Trayvon's facebook user name.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #375  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Gold member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
I apologize if this has been posted before. There are so many posts here I didn't read them all. But I thought I'd throw this into the mix. Obama and politics aside, what do you think about the media using a 5 year old photo?


They don't show the up-to-date pictures of Trayvon Martin, in the media. Now you know why. Kinda scary ain't it?


Click the image to open in full size.


That old adage applies here. . . "there are two sides to every story" . . .we don't always get the truth from the media (in my experience there's 3 sides - your side, my side, and what really happened).
One of my favorite rants...the liberal controlled media...television news...newspapers...magazines...radio...all continue to show 12 year old Trayvon...NOT 17 year old Trayvon...they continue to show the 5 year old picture BECAUSE it helps to cement in your mind the little, cute, Hoodie wearing youngster who was stalked by this monster
.
In reality.."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds...had numerous run ins with authorities (both at school and local police)...had been stopped and almost arrested two days before his death for...smacking a bus driver in the face...because the driver refused to let him ride for free...he was released because the driver was told not to press charges by the bus company and to continue on his route.
When "little Trayvon" was suspended at school...it was not only because he tried to bring a little marijuana in with him...he was in possession of wedding rings and other jewelry...watches etc. That he said he "found" along with a large screwdriver...while on the way to school that day...the jewelry was turned over to the Police by the school. I am not trying to say this was a good shooting...
I am not trying to say this kid deserved to die...I am saying...the media in the USA is controlled by liberals who twist and distort what you see and hear in order for you to see things their way.
Not a single paper has printed RECENT photos of this kid...because...it would not keep your interest in this case... Not a single paper will admit that this kid was a marijuana dealer...his friends on Facebook all say he had the "best plants"...not a single paper will show you any of his recent photos where he shows off a mouthful of gold teeth....all of his tattoos...not a single paper will tell the news like it really is....and NOT how they want you to think it is...
President King Obama...looked at the FIVE year old photo the media chose to show the Nation...and said..."If I had a son...he would look like Trayvon" So from that comment...should I assume you did not bother to look for the facts in this shooting..or should I assume you want a son who is a 17 year old drug dealing, gold teethed thug whose name on one of his Facebook profiles was "wild n****"...who 'finds" jewelry and burglary tools on the way to school ?
A fair and impartial news media in the USA ? No. One that does not follow the liberal agenda? Nope. Are they helping to further divide this already fractured Nation? Yes, they are!

I removed the slur from my quote.

Now let's talk about the parents....

Why did they copyright "I am Trayvon" & "Justice for Trayvon". The only reason I know to copyright is $$$$.

Why did they give consent for the tattoos?

How come when the father and his girlfriend came home they didn't know anything had happened till the next morning?

Last edited by Patty55; 06-07-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: removed racial slur from quote
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,327
Default

In our country,people who speak up for injustice of others are known as national heros. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spoke of the Travon Martin injustice that was going on just days after the shooting with nothing being done. Should you not think that these men should be awarded the same honor. I do.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #377  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Golfer in Sanibel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Village of Sanibel
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
You have two infractions on this one post. First, you are not allowed to mention a politician on a non-political post. Second, you are not allowed to make a racial slur even if you are quoting something. We must be respectful on this forum.
Sorry. I didn't intend to violate rules. I have deleted the offending paragraph. But please keep in mind these are not my words. I copied and pasted an email I received to stimulate discussion.

What do you think of the subject of the post?

__________________
Going from this to this
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Gold member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
in our country,people who speak up for injustice of others are known as national heros. Sharpton and jesse jackson spoke of the travon martin injustice that was going on just days after the shooting with nothing being done. Should you not think that these men should be awarded the same honor. I do.
nope
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,504
Default

Things are not always as they seem to be.
Receiving an email, does not mean the contents are true. One should check out the validity of the email before sending on to your whole email list or posting on the Internet.
The photo above is actually of rapper Jayceon Terrel.
Go to Snopes.com and search on Trayvon Martin.
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Golfer in Sanibel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Village of Sanibel
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Things are not always as they seem to be.
Receiving an email, does not mean the contents are true. One should check out the validity of the email before sending on to your whole email list or posting on the Internet.
The photo above is actually of rapper Jayceon Terrel.
Go to Snopes.com and search on Trayvon Martin.
Good point. I'm guilty as charged, if that is true.
__________________
Going from this to this
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.