A very irresponsible dog owner

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts
Default A very irresponsible dog owner

Had to go for a checkup with the Doc this morning at Colony; pulled up in front and there was a GOLF CART with two cute little older "mans best friends" sitting there - UNATTENDED. The dogs were very friendly - didn't snarl at me even when I left a note on the steering wheel for the idiot owner, making he/she aware of the numerous things that could happen.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Had to go for a checkup with the Doc this morning at Colony; pulled up in front and there was a GOLF CART with two cute little older "mans best friends" sitting there - UNATTENDED. The dogs were very friendly - didn't snarl at me even when I left a note on the steering wheel for the idiot owner, making he/she aware of the numerous things that could happen.
Could have been worse----there might have been twin 2 year old grandchildren. Once again, despite your valiant effort with a note, "You can't fix stupid"
Old 03-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Unattended dogs are prime targets to be dog napped for use as bait dogs for fighting dogs. An unfortunate and cruel end for a helpless animal.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

There are plenty of people doing stupid things that could cause harm to others. I imagine the OP, being a former LEO if I recall, has had to clean up a lot of the aftermath of various careless actions. I don't blame him in the least for letting someone know about the possible danger that his actions could bring to innocent adults, children, pets, what have you. Maybe that person will stop leaving his pets unattended in a cart. he was thinking of the safety of the dogs. Justified.

My opinion, and I'm sticking to it, and that's all I'm saying.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Platinum member

The Villages Florida
Old 03-09-2017, 06:44 PM

Americans have a constitutional right to be passive aggressive when it comes to vehicles.
Witness the preponderance of people who believe that engaging in a vigilante misdemeanor (keying a car) is the acceptable response to a violation (parking inconsiderately).
People have been deep-trained to believe that an animal unattended in a vehicle is wrong, no matter the situation, temperature or available airflow.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Good for you!
Old 03-09-2017, 08:01 PM

Mother-of-Pearl! When a pet is stolen or jumps out a cart when left unattended, it is not without merit to argue that THIS NEGLECT is directly responsible for the untoward actions of the pet(s) or thief.
See Something; Say Something comes into play here. Reality checks are oft times valuable.
Persnickety people who like to kvetch about well intended individuals pointing out a possible hazard to an animal should be permitted their incorrect opinions also.
Have a nice evening.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
Mother-of-Pearl! When a pet is stolen or jumps out a cart when left unattended, it is not without merit to argue that THIS NEGLECT is directly responsible for the untoward actions of the pet(s) or thief.
See Something; Say Something comes into play here. Reality checks are oft times valuable.
Persnickety people who like to kvetch about well intended individuals pointing out a possible hazard to an animal should be permitted their incorrect opinions also.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:31 PM

So, I suppose I should hold off on my post about seeing yet another beloved dog flying out of a golf cart sustaining serious injury in front of their inconsolable human when a simple harness and leash would have prevented this sad situation. Glad I don't have to spend another minute figuring out how to get the word out.

Last edited by Railcruiser; 03-10-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:25 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default What Does Pet Friendly Really Mean?

"Two men looking out from bars, one see the ground the other the stars".

The original post spoke of an irresponsible owner toward his dogs and the conversation followed along those lines.

Some of us would view it with another twist. An irresponsible dog owner who does not have control of his dog in public and the possible bad affect that has on people who do not care much to be around animals.
Many the time I have parked my car next to a vehicle holding a dog and that dog made every effort to break through that side window to get at me.

Many a time I have watched people let their dogs run free in violation of rules here
Closed Thread

Tags
owner, dogs, unattended, friendly, left

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.