Women's Rally in Orlando

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2017, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I asked what it was about this rally that made people want to attend. No answers. The website provided is typical same ole, same ole. I would go to D.C. If it was the right rally. I would not go if it is a bunch of victims whining because they are victims. IMHO Volunteer at schools, churches and organizations where you can help young women improve their lives, Not a rally for a cause you can't even explain.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Default Why am I attending the rally?

Why am I attending the women's rally? I am a straight white woman, wife, mother and grandmother of six little girls. The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of my friends: people of color, the disabled, the GLBTQ community, people who have religious beliefs that are different from mine, immigrants. We will rally throughout the US in numbers too great for the new administration to ignore on their first day in office. We will march and stand together in solidarity with our partners and our children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families -- recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

That sums it very well!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Then, if you feel as you do, YOU go.
It is for women not men who support women's rights.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsie View Post
Why am I attending the women's rally? I am a straight white woman, wife, mother and grandmother of six little girls. The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of my friends: people of color, the disabled, the GLBTQ community, people who have religious beliefs that are different from mine, immigrants. We will rally throughout the US in numbers too great for the new administration to ignore on their first day in office. We will march and stand together in solidarity with our partners and our children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families -- recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.
That is very well said.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:51 PM

GG thats a very childish response. Im not a woman and Im not going anywhere, however, I have 2 daughters and 3 grandaughters that Im concerned about. I dont understand why women shouldnt try to make life better for themselves and their families.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
GG thats a very childish response. Im not a woman and Im not going anywhere, however, I have 2 daughters and 3 grandaughters that Im concerned about. I dont understand why women shouldnt try to make life better for themselves and their families.
To both of you...well stated!!

What I find very interesting and puzzling, is that those women who would attack their own gender for standing up for equality and rights are the same ones who now benefit from those like yourselves...who did the same thing in previous generations.

I just don't get it.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 01-17-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
womens, rally, orlando, peaceful, rights

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.