American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 04-24-2017, 03:08 PM
n/a

Legal Research

The National Judicial College's Law Library was the first law library I went into but it was really only open to judges. My Philosophy Professor's wife ran it. This was at the University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Philosophy | University of Nevada, Reno

Had a big crush on a woman who worked there as a student library assistant. She is now a lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Home | The National Judicial College

I would often run into these judges looking books in the UNR Book Store.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:56 PM
n/a

Default A Little Gallow's Humor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
When I was ten years old, I was born on June 23, 1965, our dog ran away on August 4, 1975...his name was Willie. My sister, her name was Nancy, cried day and night for almost a week, from August 4-11, 1975.

My friends, Billy Thompson, Paul Smith, Fred Black and I looked everywhere for the lost pup, but Willie could not be found.

After a week of searching our family, Robert, Mary, Steven, Nancy, Larry, John, Jacob, and I had given up all hope. Late on the evening of the seventh day, August 11, 1975, we received a call from Helen Gallow, the local law librarian who had been serving our community, Pittsburg, CA, for 28 years, 2 month and 4 days at the time.

She said that she had found Willie sitting on the steps of the local law library just peering through the window. We were all overjoyed and could not wait to welcome Willie (and Helen) into our waiting and open arms.

That was one of the happiest days of my life.
I met a lot of law librarians from 1988 or so at SUNY at Buffalo's Law Library as well as at the U of MN Law Library and before that at the U of Denver Law Library and BYU Law Library. And Melanie a worker at the National Judicial College who was in some of my English courses at the University of Nevada, Reno.

Then the law librarian conventions in Reno, Minneapolis, New Orleans, and San Francisco and job interviews at the Kansas Supreme Court, the Washoe Couny Law Library and North Carolina Central University.

There are good and bad law librarians as far as ethics as well as skills are concerned.

I hope you enjoyed your times with Helen Gallow.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:47 PM
n/a

Harvard Law librarian arrested on child sex charges during trip to Colorado

Was it a group of law librarians, up to no good, meeting up in Denver Colorado?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:50 PM
n/a

Law Librarian Arrested For Robbing Attorney’s Home | Practice Source

Often the law librarian is jealous of the lawyers they could not become.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:44 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

I had sent a few e-mails about my experiences with the legal system to the Sumter County Clerk of Court when I was Summoned for Jury Duty back in April of 2014 and showed up for Jury Duty around May 19, 2014.

The Judge dismissed us as the defendant had been talked into accepting a guilty plea and saving according to this Judge a 16 week trial. I probably would have been booted as soon as I started talking about ,y experiences with law librarians and it is very hard for me not to get emotional when telling these facts.

In 2009, at the Federal Court in Ocala for Jury Duty, the Judge has challenged me because he seemed to think I was not giving the truth and everything but the truth in my responses to questions. How can anyone put a lifetime of experiences into a pithy sentence?
Old 04-25-2017, 07:09 AM
n/a

A Harvard Law School librarian was arrested on several felony charges on Friday after police say he tried to arrange a sexual meet-up with a deputy posing as an underage girl in Colorado.
Harvard Law librarian arrested on child sex charges during trip to Colorado
Old 04-25-2017, 07:15 AM
n/a

Law Librarian salary
Law Librarian average salary is $41,479, median salary is $40,000 with a salary range from $29,000 to $66,000. Law Librarian salaries are collected from government agencies and companies.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Past AALL Annual Meeting Locations

I was a pest for these starting in Reno, Nevada in 1989 and going up through the one in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1996. Decided it was a waste of money sending all those snail mail letters out after 1996 to people who were going to go to these conventions. Trying to get them to actually just look at the letters I had received from lawyers, victim/witness assistance providers, Attorney Generals from various States, various association leaders, and many others.

All part of my 224 613 Project. I had been trying to get the help of CEOs, social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, movie stars, movie directors, movie studio heads, soap opera stars, soap opera writers, advertisers, etc. to spotlight the problem that these received letters showed.

Future Annual Meeting Dates and Locations Will be interesting to see what happens in these future AALL meetings.
What's in your law library? My interactions with the U of Florida Law Library staff have been good over the years. What there has been of them anyway.

My 224 613 Project is about people in their own communities looking how good their practical needs are being met. Especially victims/survivors of crimes of all kinds. This will vary from community-to-community.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:35 PM
n/a

You DO know that this is not Facebook, right?
Old 04-25-2017, 02:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Obviously.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Let him keep posting any random thought he may have, we are his therapy. Feel sorry for him, it's the right thing to do.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:29 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Pretty cool supportive letter from 1992.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

Pretty cool supportive letter from 1992.
It's still not facebook.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:11 PM
n/a

Sad Tal Makes totv a laughing stock to outsiders. Sad.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 PM
n/a

"My luck is that as soon as I really like a woman she feels like she has to move" since this is Tal's new Facebook, let's speculate. How many woman have moved?

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.