American Association of Law Libraries Past Conventions

Old 05-03-2017, 02:32 PM
n/a

Again ignore the Trolls. Focus on the issue. It is not me but what is in law and other types of libraries for survivors/victims of crimes? How do you empower people? The most basic is through access to practical information.

Actually look at these documents and Ignore the people who are trying to distract from the message.

The Villages Florida

Who cares if I have a dog or not? What relevance does this have to what is in Lake, Marion and Sumter County libraries with respect to helping survivors/victims of crimes in May of 2017?
Old 05-03-2017, 03:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Again ignore the Trolls. Focus on the issue. It is not me but what is in law and other types of libraries for survivors/victims of crimes? How do you empower people? The most basic is through access to practical information.

Actually look at these documents and Ignore the people who are trying to distract from the message.

The Villages Florida

Who cares if I have a dog or not? What relevance does this have to what is in Lake, Marion and Sumter County libraries with respect to helping survivors/victims of crimes in May of 2017?

2254 views now of stuff on my 224 613 Project. This is very relevant to what you can see from your local library and sheriff's web-sites that would be helpful to someone thinking of reporting a crime or is in some other situation where this person needs useful information.

The big point I am trying to make is that and my hundreds of thousands of like minded correspondents over the past 26 years have pestered librarians about the need of practical information for survivors/victims of crimes. Some communities offer many avenues to useful information, others maybe too many and confuse people, and some still have way too few.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

The Villages Florida

If you get a dog maybe you'll forget about this quixotic pursuit. Dogs need love and I know you can give it [emoji6]
Old 05-03-2017, 03:48 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Now this excited me to no end.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:17 AM
n/a

Thumbs up

Quote:
The Villages Florida

Now this excited me to no end.
2308 views now of stuff on my 224 613 Project.

Roberta Cooper Ramo - Wikipedia
Old 05-04-2017, 06:32 AM
n/a

Talking NY Attorney General Eliot Spitzer.

The Villages Florida

This was a response to my many e-mails to US State Attorney General Offices about the Florida Victim Services Directory. Came by letter. Unfortunately I do not have that many copies of e-mails that I sent to these government officials as I had sent so many of them back in the period from 1999-2006 and had also tried to share this with authorities in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and some other countries.

This is also when I would have been volunteering at the Palm Harbor and probably the East Lake Community Library for about 10-14 hours per week. Both of these libraries were under the thumb of Gene Coppola. Coppola wanted 50% of my Project within 5 minutes or so of when I first met him around July of 2000. I said "No"! and that kind of ended what was never going to be much of a friendship. He started out our interview with "I do not like liars and whiners" and promptly proofed that is what he is. I still tried to get along with this jerk.

Eliot Spitzer - Wikipedia
Old 05-04-2017, 06:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
The Villages Florida

This was a response to my many e-mails to US State Attorney General Offices about the Florida Victim Services Directory. Came by letter. Unfortunately I do not have that many copies of e-mails that I sent to these government officials as I had sent so many of them back in the period from 1999-2006 and had also tried to share this with authorities in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and some other countries.

This is also when I would have been volunteering at the Palm Harbor and probably the East Lake Community Library for about 10-14 hours per week. Both of these libraries were under the thumb of Gene Coppola. Coppola wanted 50% of my Project within 5 minutes or so of when I first met him around July of 2000. I said "No"! and that kind of ended what was never going to be much of a friendship. He started out our interview with "I do not like liars and whiners" and promptly proofed that is what he is. I still tried to get along with this jerk.

Eliot Spitzer - Wikipedia
The Villages Florida

Another letter out of NYC or New York State. This is from the Victim Services of that great city. This is work on my part as it took many letters and/or e-mails often to get a response. Sometimes not that many though.

How can you help with this massive 224 613 Project? What is in your home town's libraries and Sheriff's Offices that might aid survivors/victims of crimes looking for practical information to deal with the legal system, their mental health, finances, spiritual life, etc.

What is a community that has very good links in their libraries and sheriffs' offices for survivors/victims of crimes?

Washoe County Sheriff's Office - Northern Nevada's Full Service Law Enforcement Agency My former home town Sheriff's Office-- Reno, Nevada in Washoe County-- seems to have quite a few helpful links.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:22 AM
n/a

Default Letter from the Florida AG's Office.

The Villages Florida

I hope this explains my obsession with the Florida Victim Services Directory which I have mentioned on-and-off here on Talk of the Villages probably since joining TOTV after Talk Host had presented his web-site at a Villages Computer Club meeting in July of 2007.

I still push the Florida Victim's Services Directory. Victim Services Directory

Sumter and Marion County Sheriffs' offices
Old 05-04-2017, 09:08 AM
n/a

2348 views now of stuff in my 26 year 224 613 Project.

This has taken a huge amount of sacrifice and time/money on me and my family's part getting hundreds of thousands of snail mail, e-mails, Findlaw posts, Facebook posts and a few phone calls. And attendance at four American Association of Law Libraries conventions from Reno's in 1989 through the one in San Francisco in 1992.

AALL

And so many TOTV posts about the 224 613 Project that people on here are thoroughly bored with it. Even with all the help I now seem to be getting with it from people in New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Denver, San Francisco, Paris, London, and other places.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
2348 views now of stuff in my 26 year 224 613 Project.

This has taken a huge amount of sacrifice and time/money on me and my family's part getting hundreds of thousands of snail mail, e-mails, Findlaw posts, Facebook posts and a few phone calls. And attendance at four American Association of Law Libraries conventions from Reno's in 1989 through the one in San Francisco in 1992.

AALL

And so many TOTV posts about the 224 613 Project that people on here are thoroughly bored with it. Even with all the help I now seem to be getting with it from people in New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Denver, San Francisco, Paris, London, and other places.
2361 views now of items on my 224 613 thread. This is 26 years of very hard but pro bono work involving a lot of stress to myself, my friends and my family while also often trying to find gainful employment of someone with four degrees. Volunteered at Palm Harbor Library and East Lake Community Library for 10-14 hours per week from roughly September 2000 through maybe June 2003. These were both public libraries in Palm Harbor under the control of Gene Coppola.

What can you do for your community? What do their libraries have in the way of practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes as well as those dealing with mental illness who are more likely to be victims of crimes than its perpetrators?
Old 05-04-2017, 12:26 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida
Old 05-04-2017, 12:48 PM
n/a

Check out the movie Hidden Figures about a library and a church.

My former lover/roommate's best friend Sandy H., during my full time working period-- or some of it-- at the U of MN Law Library was a NASA Computer Program based at Cape Canaveral. She is retired now driving a fancy mobile home around the country. While my ex-girlfriend Jennifer V., is an important person in getting people access to the Nebraska Court System.

Ignore the tool trolls on here. There are a lot of establishment type people who want survivors/victims to be in relative darkness as to the rights and services available to them. Just what a community can do for survivors/victims was demonstrated by the Pulse shooting survivors/victims in Orlando. It does take a lot more work though from community officials to deal with activist survivors/victims of crimes.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:55 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida
Old 05-04-2017, 01:13 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

The State of Nevada Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE) had a hearing that covered my Stipend Grant for the money they gave me to attend the quite expensive "Harvard of the West" University of Denver Graduate School of Librarianship and Information Management. I graduated with a MA in May of 1984. This was in September 2000 and they found that my work for survivors/victims of crimes from MN, IL, CA, and FL would count formy professional work in librarianship in the State of Nevada. Ron Sparks, II was my contact at WICHE.

I probably sent them copies of letters like this one and many many other documents in my 224 613 Project.

I sent many of these same letters to the ObamaCare people in 2014 in KY because I could not afford the payments they required for Health Insurance. All I got from the ObamaCare people was a bureaucratic run around. I could have been talking to them from Mars for all the empathy they showed my situation.

Bureaucrats and simple-minded people who sees things in black-and-white have been a huge problem with my 224 613 Project. Artists, actors, musicians, physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, teachers, nurses and others have helped me out quite a bit more of these 26 years.

Thanks to people like Kim, Elodie, Tom, Jim, Whit, Barbara, Jane, Susan, Laura, Laura, Lori, Lisa, Helen, Barbara, Robert, Robert, Ed, Bob, Ed, David, Doreen, Joyce, Twila, Holly, Matt, Steve, Maddie, Mark, Tom, Ron, Cindy, Rod, Brenda, Tim, Chris, Pat, Pat, Pat, Grace, Jay, Diana, Carol, Carol, Dick, Rich, Eileen, Ellen, Jo, Don, Marcia, Dick, Jim, George, Sheila, Shelby, Jade, Sophie, Tony, Scott, Gary, John, Kevin, Mary, Joe, William, William, Allyson, Michaela, Zac, Trudy, Lynda, Larry, Coleen, etc.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:27 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Very cool letter from November 25, 1991. From the Governor of Wisconsin.

Go Packers!!!

Tommy Thompson - Wikipedia

Tags
starting, past, conventions, libraries, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.