Bigots in The Villages

Old 06-12-2016, 07:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I truly wonder if the person with his bigoted views on the Political Forum is pullling our joint legs OR if he actally is such a throwback to Jim Crow days?

From what I have seen in the several years I have in The Villages, everyone gets along good in social or sport events. The clubs have different races attending, social groups are of different races, BUT there is ONE person who posts bigoted comments whenever possible.

What do the rest of you Political posters think of this? Do you feel there is the genuine hatred of this person as an underlying aspect of The Villages?
You know...every society throughout history has had the same opinion of them, has treated them the same as we did, up until mechanization made them obsolete in the 1800s.

They never did prosper, still don't, no matter where in the world.

It's them...not us.

Forced equality is a fools errand. It will lead to our downfall.

When there's good reason, it's not bigotry. You hate murderers, you're not a bigot. You hate pedophiles, you're not a bigot. You hate the way America is becoming 3rd world, you're not a bigot. You hate that the educational system is failing, we're #17 now, you're not a bigot. You hate that half the population is on welfare, you're not a bigot. You have reason to hate what the people who are destroying America are doing.

We hate what they do, not "who they are". If black people lived like us, spoke like us, acted like us, we'd accept them. We've accepted other races, Asians are accepted, Indians, even blacks and Hispanics who "fit in" are accepted. It's when EVERYTHING about you is different, that's when you're not accepted. Most blacks don't "fit in", they're "different", that's why they're not accepted. NO other reason.

You don't hang out with EVERYONE. You pick your friends through shared interests and ideologies. People who are too "different" aren't your friends. Same way with the races, if they're "too different" they don't get along. We're too different to get along. Lincoln said it too.

There are reasons a lot of us think what we do about the races. Stereotypes exist because they're generally true. How many "good" stereotypes are there about blacks? Good at athletics and music. Because that IS what they're good at. Like Asian kids ARE good a math.

The forced mixing isn't good for any of us.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:09 AM
n/a

Quote:

Best way to not have your deviant sex used as a tool to judge you...DONT TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! ....They are typically low self esteem attention whores.

The 3.6% of the population that are "limp wrist pecker puffers" and "lesbo bull dikes" need to just SHUT UP! The 96.4% of normal people do not want to be bothered with the demands of these freaks of nature.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:21 AM
n/a

Quote:

The 3.6% of the population that are "limp wrist pecker puffers" and "lesbo bull dikes" need to just SHUT UP! The 96.4% of normal people do not want to be bothered with the demands of these freaks of nature.
PRINCETON, N.J. -- The American public estimates on average that 23% of Americans are gay or lesbian, little changed from Americans' 25% estimate in 2011, and only slightly higher than separate 2002 estimates of the gay and lesbian population. These estimates are many times higher than the 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in Gallup Daily tracking in the first four months of this year.

that's interesting
Americans Greatly Overestimate Percent Gay, Lesbian in U.S.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:

I know...what's up the the "look at me! I'm ODD!" bit?

Like being proud of being dyslexic, having a phobia, being bipolar...yes, you're unfortunate, we feel sorry for you, but we DON'T need to know all about your life and how GREAT it is to be afflicted.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
PRINCETON, N.J. -- The American public estimates on average that 23% of Americans are gay or lesbian, little changed from Americans' 25% estimate in 2011, and only slightly higher than separate 2002 estimates of the gay and lesbian population. These estimates are many times higher than the 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender in Gallup Daily tracking in the first four months of this year.

that's interesting
Americans Greatly Overestimate Percent Gay, Lesbian in U.S.
Because they make so much noise about it. People can't imagine that they're only 4%...if that.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:37 AM
n/a

Take it easy Archie Bunker.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Take it easy Archie Bunker.
Archie is/was right about a LOT of things...they used comedy to tell you the truth. George Carlin did it too. You should listen to them...both.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Because they make so much noise about it. People can't imagine that they're only 4%...if that.
It's the same with the NRA. Think about all the press it gets. What percentage of Americans are members of the NRA? I looked it up.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
I truly wonder if the person with his bigoted views on the Political Forum is pullling our joint legs OR if he actally is such a throwback to Jim Crow days?

From what I have seen in the several years I have in The Villages, everyone gets along good in social or sport events. The clubs have different races attending, social groups are of different races, BUT there is ONE person who posts bigoted comments whenever possible.

What do the rest of you Political posters think of this? Do you feel there is the genuine hatred of this person as an underlying aspect of The Villages?
Probably a paid Hillary Clinton supporter trying to stir things up
Old 06-12-2016, 12:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Archie is/was right about a LOT of things...they used comedy to tell you the truth. George Carlin did it too. You should listen to them...both.
Norman Lear wrote the character to be a fearful fool.
click here for a link
Norman Lear on the Story Behind Archie Bunker – SuperSoul.tv

Q: You're known as a very liberal comic. Are you trying to change people's political views when you go out there? Do you have an underlying agenda?

A: No. First of all, I'm not liberal. I'm just about (being) anti-United States. I don't like the way this country operates. I think we've ruined this place. And I think it's largely because of businessmen. And businessmen are not liberals. So if that makes me a liberal, then that's just an association. It's not a choice. ...

I do not care about changing anybody. Nobody. I go out there to show the rest of the Americans how badly they're doing. This country has been, for about 180 years now, badly mishandled. And it's been in the wrong hands. It's been in the hands of the business interests.

And a lot of the beauty of this country has been shattered by them. The physical beauty and the kind of institutional beauty that was originally built into this place - this experiment, this magnificent experiment in democracy is just being shredded to pieces by these right-wing Christians, the Ashcroft branch of Republicanism. (They're) just shredding the rest of the Bill of Rights which hadn't been shredded already. (But) they'd been doing a pretty good job on it up until then, anyway.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
click here for a link

Q: You're known as a very liberal comic. Are you trying to change people's political views when you go out there? Do you have an underlying agenda?

A: No. First of all, I'm not liberal. I'm just about (being) anti-United States. I don't like the way this country operates. I think we've ruined this place. And I think it's largely because of businessmen. And businessmen are not liberals. So if that makes me a liberal, then that's just an association. It's not a choice. ...

I do not care about changing anybody. Nobody. I go out there to show the rest of the Americans how badly they're doing. This country has been, for about 180 years now, badly mishandled. And it's been in the wrong hands. It's been in the hands of the business interests.

And a lot of the beauty of this country has been shattered by them. The physical beauty and the kind of institutional beauty that was originally built into this place - this experiment, this magnificent experiment in democracy is just being shredded to pieces by these right-wing Christians, the Ashcroft branch of Republicanism. (They're) just shredding the rest of the Bill of Rights which hadn't been shredded already. (But) they'd been doing a pretty good job on it up until then, anyway.
I pushed enter too soon. The Q & A's are with George Carlin.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
click here for a link
Supersoul TV? The BLACK web site owned by Oprah?

Talk about propaganda.

Archie was warning you that EVERYTHING was changing...and NOT for the better.

NOBODY thinks things are better today than they were 50-60 years ago. Well, maybe the 50% of minorities collecting welfare equal to $60,000 a year.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe this helps:

Search Results
big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

As is typical, far too many discuss a subject without knowledge of meaning.
Typical bigot, you post that which is to your thinking, disregarding other.

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary

"Simple Definition of bigot

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)"
Old 06-13-2016, 07:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Supersoul TV? The BLACK web site owned by Oprah?

Talk about propaganda.

Archie was warning you that EVERYTHING was changing...and NOT for the better.

NOBODY thinks things are better today than they were 50-60 years ago. Well, maybe the 50% of minorities collecting welfare equal to $60,000 a year.
Archie is a tv character not a person.

Norman Lear originally intended that Bunker be strongly disliked by audiences. Lear was shocked when Bunker quietly became a beloved figure to much of middle America. Lear thought that Bunker's opinions on race, sex, marriage, and religion were so wrong as to represent a parody of right wing bigotry.
Archie Bunker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-13-2016, 07:47 AM
n/a

Archer Bunker is running for President. At least, a very stupid version of him in Donald Trump.

Tags
person, villages, bigots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.