Congressional Hearings

Old 03-20-2017, 12:01 PM
n/a

Default Congressional Hearings

I wish that they would pass some rules on what these people are allowed to ask and what they are allowed to say. I watched a bit of both Director Comey's supposed testimony and the hearing on Judge Gorsuch.

I heard a lot of speech making and very few relevant questions.

In the Gorsuch hearing, one senator went on for a long time about how President Obama's nominee was not given a hearing and that the republicans now want to ram through the nomination of a nominee by a president who lost the popular vote. What does that have to do with the qualifications of Judge Gorsuch? These hearing have only one purpose and that is to determine whether or not the nominee is qualified for the position. What the republicans did it completely irrellevant. What does the fact that the president did not win the popular vote have to do with anything?

The in the Comey questioning, I heard one guy go on and on about Russia and the republican platform and I don't know what else. Most of it had nothing to do with the subject and worst than that, he never asked a question. Then a woman asked Comey and Mike Rogers two questions, then told them that she disagreed with their opinion on the second one and went on to try to make a case that Secretary of State Tillerson is working on behalf of the Russian Government.

Why bring these people in for questioning if you're not going to ask them pertinent questions? And why when they do answer question would you disagree with them? They are the experts. They are the ones that have information that most in congress don't have. That is why they are brought in.

These hearings have become nothing more then a platform for the two parties to make speeches and to try to make each other look bad.

What a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money. We shouldn't have to tolerate these people running for re-election on our dollar.

I believe that the two examples that I cited were both democrats but the republicans are guilty of it as well.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I wish that they would pass some rules on what these people are allowed to ask and what they are allowed to say. I watched a bit of both Director Comey's supposed testimony and the hearing on Judge Gorsuch.

In the Gorsuch hearing, one senator went on for a long time about how President Obama's nominee was not given a hearing and that the republicans now want to ram through the nomination of a nominee by a president who lost the popular vote. What does that have to do with the qualifications of Judge Gorsuch? These hearing have only one purpose and that is to determine whether or not the nominee is qualified for the position. What the republicans did it completely irrellevant. What does the fact that the president did not win the popular vote have to do with anything?

The in the Comey questioning, I heard one guy go on and on about Russia and the republican platform and I don't know what else. Most of it had nothing to do with the subject and worst than that, he never asked a question. Then a woman asked Comey and Mike Rogers two questions, then told them that she disagreed with their opinion on the second one and went on to try to make a case that Secretary of State Tillerson is working on behalf of the Russian Government.

Why bring these people in for questioning if you're not going to ask them pertinent questions? And why when they do answer question would you disagree with them? They are the experts. They are the ones that have information that most in congress don't have. That is why they are brought in.

These hearings have become nothing more then a platform for the two parties to make speeches and to try to make each other look bad.

What a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money. We shouldn't have to tolerate these people running for re-election on our dollar.

I believe that the two examples that I cited were both democrats but the republicans are guilty of it as well.
Not sure why I saw it differently...

1. Trump lied when he said he was told that Obama wiretapped him.
2. That same LIE word applies to his claims on U.K.

3. There IS IN FACT an ongoing investigation into collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. This was previously said to be false. With lots of circumstantial well documented evidence.

4. Leaking is terrible and should be punished but is difficult to cull out.

5. The Secy of State, by implication is now involved

6. White House defense this morning on these hearings BY IMPLICATION believe that the director of the FBI and head of National Security were simply being political. That is a biggie.

There is more for sure, but this is first step of a very long investigation that will continue. And I might add, not as partisan as expected. Republicans emphazing leaks, Not really Defending collusion, Democrats emphazing collusion.

The tampering by Russia to assist Trump is verified.

Now before you folks begin attacking all the USA organizations and saying how the world is all lying about any of this, who would you prefer to investigate, who has the integrity to satisfy your doubts ?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:29 PM
n/a

Quote:

3. There IS IN FACT an ongoing investigation into collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. This was previously said to be false. With lots of circumstantial well documented evidence.

6. White House defense this morning on these hearings BY IMPLICATION believe that the director of the FBI and head of National Security were simply being political. That is a biggie.

There is more for sure, but this is first step of a very long investigation that will continue. And I might add, not as partisan as expected. Republicans emphazing leaks, Not really Defending collusion, Democrats emphazing collusion.

Now before you folks begin attacking all the USA organizations and saying how the world is all lying about any of this, who would you prefer to investigate, who has the integrity to satisfy your doubts ?
If that's your political leanings, then of course you might hear it like that. The point is to bring in people with information and ask them questions. That is not being done. These servants of the people are making speeches and telly the people that they are questioning that they are wrong.

And of course the biggest thing here is that every thing that you have stated as fact has yet to be proven.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:32 PM
n/a

Quote:

If that's your political leanings, then of course you might hear it like that. The point is to bring in people with information and ask them questions. That is not being done. These servants of the people are making speeches and telly the people that they are questioning that they are wrong.

And of course the biggest thing here is that every thing that you have stated as fact has yet to be proven.

President Trump and Secretary Tillerson will eventually be found to be innocent and the democrats will claim that it's all being swept under the rug and use it in the next campaign. That's really the whole point. And I don't think that these members care one bit. This is not an investigation at all. Members of congress are not asking questions in order to get to the truth. They are making speeches that can be used in upcoming campaigns in an attempt to damage the opposite party. The truth doesn't matter. All that matters to them is that they can make implications and get people to believe them.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:38 PM
n/a

Quote:

President Trump and Secretary Tillerson will eventually be found to be innocent and the democrats will claim that it's all being swept under the rug and use it in the next campaign. That's really the whole point. And I don't think that these members care one bit. This is not an investigation at all. Members of congress are not asking questions in order to get to the truth. They are making speeches that can be used in upcoming campaigns in an attempt to damage the opposite party. The truth doesn't matter. All that matters to them is that they can make implications and get people to believe them.
Point out where I lied and I will apologize profusely.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

Wow, you have an amazing propensity...for blind partisanship.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-20-2017, 07:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

They may or may not eventually be found to be innocent. Time will tell on that.

As for the hearings today, you are right. Only Trey Gowdy actually ASKED questions. For the most part, the others only used today for speeches to further their own agendas. That is NOT a hearing and does nothing to get to the truth, no matter what that truth may be. You have to ask the tough questions and then LISTEN to the answers and base your decision on those FINDINGS. Their minds were already made up so what they had to say not only reflected that, but made the "hearings" a moot point and a waste of time.

I did not have the opportunity to listen to the end, but that is what I gleaned from what I did get to hear. I cannot base anything on what I didn't hear for the remainder of the hearings.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 PM
n/a

The original poster is correct, congressional hearings are a joke and an embarrassment and have been for years regardless of what party you support. You don't suppose those cameras and reporters have any impact on that do you. IMO
Old 03-20-2017, 08:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
The original poster is correct, congressional hearings are a joke and an embarrassment and have been for years regardless of what party you support. You don't suppose those cameras and reporters have any impact on that do you. IMO
Right on!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockface View Post
Point out where I lied and I will apologize profusely.
Day by day, you become more of a douche bag. Your no different than the congressional clowns making pointless speeches. You whine negative Trump non stop. Who did you think was the better candidate...nut job Stien, LOL.

You lie to your wife when you claim to be a man. Apologize to her for your SHORT CUMINGS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 PM
n/a

For what it is worth....breaking news tonight. You decide what it means

"U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson plans to skip an April 5-6 meeting of NATO foreign ministers for a U.S. visit by the Chinese president and will travel to Russia later in the month, U.S. officials said on Monday, a step allies may see as putting Moscow's concerns ahead of theirs."

Exclusive: Tillerson plans to skip NATO meeting, visit Russia in April - sources
| Reuters

"DONALD Trump’s Secretary of State will boycott a Nato meeting ahead of a showdown meeting with Russia in a major indication Washington could be putting Putin’s concerns ahead of America’s own allies."

Rex Tillerson to snub Nato ahead of Russia meeting | World | News | Express.co.uk
Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM
n/a

Quote:

This confirmation hearing today is just as ridiculous as yesterday's hearings. Case in point: Leahy was asking "questions", not listening to one thing Gorsuch was responding, but fervently working on what HE wanted to say next. No notes taken, no pretense of listening to answers, NOTHING. Why bother? You can already see his 'no' vote coming.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 PM
n/a

Quote:

Dear Guest:

the shortest answer to your question is because no one in Washington is a serious person....at least not about the work they were elected to do. the nominee in question for the Supreme Court is about as flawless as a nominee one could get but there they are wasting taxpayers time and money because its party first America always last.

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
make, president, questions, hearings, congressional

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.