Default New Acting Surgeon General

Rear Admiral (RADM) Sylvia Trent-Adams, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N. | HHS.gov
Old 04-22-2017, 08:09 AM
n/a

Sylvia Trent-Adams - Wikipedia

Would like to know more about her.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:46 AM
n/a

There's been a LOT of minority surgeon generals...so?

She's a nurse...NOT a pioneering doctor inventing new and innovative practices/techniques.

Wake me up when a minority is the absolute BEST in anything but sports.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:34 AM
n/a

I guess that Nurse General is what the new position is.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2017, 09:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I guess that Nurse General is what the new position is.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
One of the Surgeons General that Obama picked was really not qualified in my opinion to make broad medical decisions. This woman seems medically savvy and is an Admiral. Many people here consult PA's which is a new experience for me. One of my friends who is married to a retired surgeon consults a PA. She herself is a nurse.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racist Boy Baldwin
There's been a LOT of minority surgeon generals...so?

She's a nurse...NOT a pioneering doctor inventing new and innovative practices/techniques.

Wake me up when a minority is the absolute BEST in anything but sports.
What pi$$es you off the most, the fact that she is a minority...or that she is a female?

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 04-22-2017, 09:49 AM
n/a

I felt that the Ebola situation was badly handled by Obama. Input from a good medical advisor immediately could have helped all of us greatly.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:51 PM
n/a

Best looking Admiral I've ever seen. I wish her well in her new assignment.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
What pi$$es you off the most, the fact that she is a minority...or that she is a female?

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
The FACT that she's a political appointee appointed for POLITICAL reasons...NOT because she's the BEST. Because BLACKS AND WOMEN...are NEVER the VERY BEST.

The better qualified white male once again lost to a quota. Talk about a meaningless position. A dog could fill it. There's already a non-human filling it now.

Go ahead...have THEM do 23andme...you'll find they lack the Neanderthal DNA that made everyone but blacks a little smarter.

Where are blacks equal as a people? Nowhere. They're the bottom of the barrel EVERYWHERE. Why? Because they are NOT us...they're just not. They ARE a different species...and we insanely, in vain constantly TRY to prop them up and MAKE them our equal. It will never happen...your dog will NEVER be a "human" either...no matter how "much like people" they act.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:59 PM
n/a

She might actually be a good pick by President Donald John Trump.

This is Tal by the way.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
She might actually be a good pick by President Donald John Trump.

This is Tal by the way.
Tal who?

Tal no one. It's a secret....
Old 04-23-2017, 04:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
The FACT that she's a political appointee appointed for POLITICAL reasons...NOT because she's the BEST. Because BLACKS AND WOMEN...are NEVER the VERY BEST.

The better qualified white male once again lost to a quota. Talk about a meaningless position. A dog could fill it. There's already a non-human filling it now.

Go ahead...have THEM do 23andme...you'll find they lack the Neanderthal DNA that made everyone but blacks a little smarter.

Where are blacks equal as a people? Nowhere. They're the bottom of the barrel EVERYWHERE. Why? Because they are NOT us...they're just not. They ARE a different species...and we insanely, in vain constantly TRY to prop them up and MAKE them our equal. It will never happen...your dog will NEVER be a "human" either...no matter how "much like people" they act.
Just to let you know, these are but a few of the accomplishments by those who you refer to as the "bottom of the barrel"

1. Humanity

Evolution may be hotly debated among some members of the GOP, but fossil evidence shows that our early human ancestors originated in parts of Eastern and Southern Africa. In fact, most anthropologists believe that Neanderthals, Homo erectus, and Homo sapiens originated in Africa and then moved en masse through Northern Africa to parts of Europe, Asia, and the Americas. So, with this evidence, ALL people originated from AFRICA

2. Civilization

Thousands of years ago, human beings were nomads, venturing from place to place in search of shelter and food. But that all changed circa 8500 BCE, when humans started to settle in Mesopotamia and plant crops and domesticate animals. Pre-agricultural sedentary settlements started appearing in the Middle East and Japan – and yes, parts of Europe — around 12,000 BCE.

3. Citizen rule

Although Democracy is usually credited to the Greeks (“democracy” roughly means “rule of the people” in Greek), some historians posit that other ancient civilizations showed signs of “primitive democracy” long before the Greeks did. In ancient Mesopotamia, for example, Assyriologist Thorklid Jacobson uncovered evidence of all-male assemblies whose function was to debate issues that were of concern to the community, like going to war. Although not democracy in the modern sense, it was certainly a type of sovereignty by a “portion of the governed,” as Jacobsen says.

4. Written Law

At Monday’s GOP Convention, several speakers upheld the Republican Party as the party of law and order. It’s important to note, then, that actual law and order came about thanks to non-white, non-European culture. The Code of Hammurabi is the earliest known example of written law, originating in ancient Mesopotamia (in what is now present-day Iraq) and dating back to nearly 1800 years before the birth of Christ. These ancient Babylonian laws were written and preserved on large clay tablets and consists of 282 distinct laws, addressing property laws, military service, punishments, and inheritance.

5. Tools

The oldest stone tools predate the human species by about 70,000 years, and were recently discovered in a riverbed in Kenya (that’s Eastern Africa, not Eastern Europe, FYI). Scientists believe this tool was used for hammering or cutting.

6. Surgery

The origins of surgery can be traced as far back as ancient Egypt, where Egyptians practiced trephining, or drilling small holes in the skull, to relieve cranial pressure. Additionally, anthropologists have discovered drilled teeth dating back to 9,000 BCE in what is now India and Pakistan, while cataract surgery and plastic surgery are said to have originated in India, nearly one thousand years before the birth of Christ.

7. Numbers

The first example of mathematics can be traced back to the etchings on a bone found in Central Africa, dating back nearly 20,000 years. Now housed in a museum in Belgium, the etchings on the Ishango bone are thought to be a primitive numerical system or possibly even a lunar calendar. The numerical system as we know it today originated in India, between the first and fourth centuries.

8. Christianity

Although Christianity was spread on a global scale thanks to the Roman Empire, it is by no means a European invention. Not only was Christ himself an Aramaic-speaking Jew from Galilee, thanks to Jesus’ apostles, Christianity spread from Israel to Syria, Palestine, Iraq, and Egypt long before it became the official religion of the Roman Empire in 380.

This is by no means an extensive list. Other contributions made by “subgroups” include gunpowder, steel, fireworks, compasses, paper, astronomy, and countless more. Although “old white people” may be responsible for the GOP today, they are nowhere near responsible for humanity’s most important historical achievements.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Just to let you know, these are but a few of the accomplishments by those who you refer to as the "bottom of the barrel"

1. Humanity

Evolution may be hotly debated among some members of the GOP, but fossil evidence shows that our early human ancestors originated in parts of Eastern and Southern Africa. In fact, most anthropologists believe that Neanderthals, Homo erectus, and Homo sapiens originated in Africa and then moved en masse through Northern Africa to parts of Europe, Asia, and the Americas. So, with this evidence, ALL people originated from AFRICA

2. Civilization

Thousands of years ago, human beings were nomads, venturing from place to place in search of shelter and food. But that all changed circa 8500 BCE, when humans started to settle in Mesopotamia and plant crops and domesticate animals. Pre-agricultural sedentary settlements started appearing in the Middle East and Japan – and yes, parts of Europe — around 12,000 BCE.

3. Citizen rule

Although Democracy is usually credited to the Greeks (“democracy” roughly means “rule of the people” in Greek), some historians posit that other ancient civilizations showed signs of “primitive democracy” long before the Greeks did. In ancient Mesopotamia, for example, Assyriologist Thorklid Jacobson uncovered evidence of all-male assemblies whose function was to debate issues that were of concern to the community, like going to war. Although not democracy in the modern sense, it was certainly a type of sovereignty by a “portion of the governed,” as Jacobsen says.

4. Written Law

At Monday’s GOP Convention, several speakers upheld the Republican Party as the party of law and order. It’s important to note, then, that actual law and order came about thanks to non-white, non-European culture. The Code of Hammurabi is the earliest known example of written law, originating in ancient Mesopotamia (in what is now present-day Iraq) and dating back to nearly 1800 years before the birth of Christ. These ancient Babylonian laws were written and preserved on large clay tablets and consists of 282 distinct laws, addressing property laws, military service, punishments, and inheritance.

5. Tools

The oldest stone tools predate the human species by about 70,000 years, and were recently discovered in a riverbed in Kenya (that’s Eastern Africa, not Eastern Europe, FYI). Scientists believe this tool was used for hammering or cutting.

6. Surgery

The origins of surgery can be traced as far back as ancient Egypt, where Egyptians practiced trephining, or drilling small holes in the skull, to relieve cranial pressure. Additionally, anthropologists have discovered drilled teeth dating back to 9,000 BCE in what is now India and Pakistan, while cataract surgery and plastic surgery are said to have originated in India, nearly one thousand years before the birth of Christ.

7. Numbers

The first example of mathematics can be traced back to the etchings on a bone found in Central Africa, dating back nearly 20,000 years. Now housed in a museum in Belgium, the etchings on the Ishango bone are thought to be a primitive numerical system or possibly even a lunar calendar. The numerical system as we know it today originated in India, between the first and fourth centuries.

8. Christianity

Although Christianity was spread on a global scale thanks to the Roman Empire, it is by no means a European invention. Not only was Christ himself an Aramaic-speaking Jew from Galilee, thanks to Jesus’ apostles, Christianity spread from Israel to Syria, Palestine, Iraq, and Egypt long before it became the official religion of the Roman Empire in 380.

This is by no means an extensive list. Other contributions made by “subgroups” include gunpowder, steel, fireworks, compasses, paper, astronomy, and countless more. Although “old white people” may be responsible for the GOP today, they are nowhere near responsible for humanity’s most important historical achievements.
I bet you had a point somewhere in that diatribe that you cut and pasted. Perhaps you thought someone would give a rat's @ss.

I do not know what you have against "white" people, but I can't change what I am, and wouldn't if I could. I do not wish to be female, another ethnic group, taller, or younger. Guess you are on your bitter own, and will have to deal with being a loser. Maybe in four years, you will have the luck to vote for the next winner. But, the way you think, I doubt it.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
I bet you had a point somewhere in that diatribe that you cut and pasted. Perhaps you thought someone would give a rat's @ss.

I do not know what you have against "white" people, but I can't change what I am, and wouldn't if I could. I do not wish to be female, another ethnic group, taller, or younger. Guess you are on your bitter own, and will have to deal with being a loser. Maybe in four years, you will have the luck to vote for the next winner. But, the way you think, I doubt it.
Evidently you disguise your patriotism with racism, sexism, and bigotry. Most psychologically troubled people do just that.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Evidently you disguise your patriotism with racism, sexism, and bigotry. Most psychologically troubled people do just that.
Whatever you say, TROLL. It's is kind of telling when a loser (such as yourself) accuses others of something that you are blatantly envious of. It appears that you only accuse winners, or successful people of those negative attributes in order to justify your failure in life. Perhaps you can give us your psychological analysis of that condition. Not being an expert, I can only guess that your condition would be diagnosed as the "loser syndrome."

Tags
general, surgeon, acting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.