Healthcare is complicated, "who knew!"!!!!!

Old 03-24-2017, 02:56 PM
n/a

Default Healthcare is complicated, "who knew!"!!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, the next bill can be non-partisan and these congressman do what they were elected to do. Hmmmm!, that's a thought!!!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:04 PM
n/a

I understand the bill has been PULLED FROM CONSIDERATION,, not simply a canceled vote.

If what they say is true, and this was the only chance, we then are stuck with Obama care.

60 days ar so in, and we just give it up ?

It was too quick in the first place andvfrom what little I am hearing, very poorly thought out.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:08 PM
n/a

House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican leaders have abruptly pulled their troubled health care overhaul bill off the House floor, short of votes and eager to avoid a humiliating defeat for President Donald Trump and GOP leaders.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., withdrew the legislation after Trump called him and asked him to halt debate without a vote, according to Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong. Just a day earlier, Trump had demanded a House vote and said if the measure lost, he would move on to other issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 03:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican leaders have abruptly pulled their troubled health care overhaul bill off the House floor, short of votes and eager to avoid a humiliating defeat for President Donald Trump and GOP leaders.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., withdrew the legislation after Trump called him and asked him to halt debate without a vote, according to Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong. Just a day earlier, Trump had demanded a House vote and said if the measure lost, he would move on to other issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I really thought, as an opponent of Obamacare, that they were on to something, but alas. Give up the ship in 60 days for what was the bulk of his campaign.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
I really thought, as an opponent of Obamacare, that they were on to something, but alas. Give up the ship in 60 days for what was the bulk of his campaign.
"Obamacare is the law of the land, it's going to remain the law of the land," a disappointed House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc. told reporters.

"We're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future."

Democrats said that they would work with Republicans to enhance the ACA. Let's see if that can be a two way street.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 03:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
"Obamacare is the law of the land, it's going to remain the law of the land," a disappointed House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc. told reporters.

"We're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future."

Democrats said that they would work with Republicans to enhance the ACA. Let's see if that can be a two way street.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Man I hope so. An amazing turn around, but hopefully now we can be PRO COUNTRY instead of anything else.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:55 PM
n/a

Default It is actually very simple

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe, the next bill can be non-partisan and these congressman do what they were elected to do. Hmmmm!, that's a thought!!!
1. Like most things people want but they want someone else to pay for it.
2. The concept of let the government pay for it is a distortion of reality. What you are saying is let my neighbor pay my bills.
3. We refuse to deny care to those that are not self responsible to be certain that they can either pay for their care-SELF INSURE or they pay for insurance. Unless they are forced to have the ability to pay-either a bank account or insurance and as long as we refuse to deny care, unless YOU have savings there is no reason to be responsible so simply people will not be responsible.
4. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE-we retired before reaching 65.
We went onto cobra for 18 months and then had to either SELF INSURE or get private heathcare insurance at a cost of 12,000. I thought about just paying any bills as we never had a year where we spent 12,000. FORTUNATELY WE DECIDED TO PAY FOR THE INSURANCE. I spent four days in the villages hospital. THE BILL FOR FOUR DAYS WAS 50,000. The bill was paid in full by AETNA for 30,000.
WHY WOULD IT HAVE COST ME 50,000 WHNE AETNA PAYS 30,000 AND THE HOSPITAL CLEARLY MAKES A PROFIT AT THAT. I do not object to the hospital making a profit BUT
charging a person without insurance almost twice as much is obscene.
5. We simply do not have the will to make things better.
First of all we pay twice as much for medical care as the other industrialized countries. The results, life expectancy is about the same. I've read that lawsuits increase the cost of medical care in the US by 30%. These numbers are of course guesses by people who have a vested interest BUT right there is more than half the extra cost of our healthcare.
All of us, could find something to do with the money we spend on health insurance-a nicer car, a great vacation, a boat, give it to the kids or whatever. So long as people can, yes, steal care, they have no reason to buy insurance. Hard and heartless as it will seem to many of you, we need to deny care to anyone that thinks it is ok to steal your care from your neighbors.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:14 PM
n/a

This bill being pulled could very well be the final nail in the coffin of the democratic party.
As Obamacare continues in it's death spiral, more and more people will not be able to get the care that they need. The democrats will own that.
I have to wonder if this was the actual plan of the president and speaker.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger Eater
This bill being pulled could very well be the final nail in the coffin of the democratic party.
As Obamacare continues in it's death spiral, more and more people will not be able to get the care that they need. The democrats will own that.

The right needs to be honest and just come out and admit that they don't really care if the poor or unhealthy...have health insurance.

One of the main problems with the ACA, is that the penalty for not having healthcare is too low and consequently the large pool of those who don't 'think' they need it...would rather pay the penalty.

Whether it be home/car/health/etc insurance to work (with private insurers), means you will ALWAYS have to have those who won't use it so that here is enough money for those who will...and that isn't happening with the current form of ACA.

Having people paying that don't use it, is the ONLY WAY ANY insurance model can be sustained...unless the government is using tax money to pay for it.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of Americans support insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions (even a large number of hard-core righties)...has been well established.

The problem with that is the FACT that they either aren't smart enough, or refuse to think about how insurers can afford to do that...without having a large pool of healthy participants.

It is no different than the requirement to carry vehicle insurance, even if you have never filed a claim. Why is it that most people accept that we should protect an inanimate object...but not a fellow citizens life?

What continues to amaze me are the vast numbers of heartless Americans that have the 'I got mine, screw you' mentality.

The answer for many on the right, is that they think someone is getting something they didn't earn (and in some cases, that is true) so they would rather watch other American citizens suffer...than let that small % get health insurance.

To me, that is the ultimate in selfishness and black-hearted thinking/philosophy...that I don't believe this great country stands for.

So, as I said, this country needs to decide if the health of its citizens is something that is more important than protecting its automobiles...or nothing will change.

As for the ACA 'imploding,' either through ignorance, or lack of knowledge, or even outright denial, critics of it forget that healthcare premiums and the cost of healthcare... had been rising dramatically and unabated for decades.

Which was LONG before ACA.

I wish you people on the right would just be honest enough to come right out and admit that since the people who are most helped by ACA (or single-payer) are the poor, minorities, women and the ones not as fortunate as a lot of us...so you don't really care about them anyway.

So c'mon you cold-hearted and lying righties, just stand up and go ahead and admit that you don't give a $hit about those people...because we all know it by your actions anyway.

And if you by some chance aren't actually part of that selfish, cold-hearted and Un-American right-wingers...take a minute to stop and think about what I mentioned above.

Here's a good article that spells out the fundamental party differences...that is at the root of our national healthcare issue.

America needs to decide: is health care something we owe our citizens? - Vox

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-24-2017, 07:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
THAT is what should happen.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Must tell you, I could not disagree more with you.

Trump, in my opinion, is well in his way to insuring the Democratic Party maintains power. I was active in GOP locally, and many of us were upset for a number of years with the GOP congress being so idle..not involved, and seemingly uninterested.

From Paul Ryan today to my point...

"We were a 10-year opposition party, where being against things was easy to do. You just had to be against it. And now in three months' time we tried to go to a governing party where we actually had to get 216 people to agree with each other on how we do things and we weren't just quite there today. "

The election of Trump simply will give the Democratic Party a banner to wave. If you think Trump is loved or even respected within the party, you are sadly very wrong. If he is not able to produce jobs and quickly this may get ugly. They are helping him in the Russia investigation because if that goes south, they know the party is doomed.

The below piece from the Times article on the Health Bill says a lot....

"And it was the biggest defeat of Mr. Trump’s young presidency, which has suffered many. His travel ban has been blocked by the courts. Allegations of questionable ties to the Russian government forced out his national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn. Tensions with key allies such as Germany, Britain and Australia are high, and Mr. Trump’s approval ratings are at historic lows.

Republican leaders were willing to tolerate Mr. Trump’s foibles with the promise that he would sign into law their conservative agenda. The collective defeat of the health care effort could strain that tolerance."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/u...e-act.html?_r=0

The other aspect is Trump and Bannon as a team. They have no interest in this party...actually they both have more democratic ideas than conservative.

But they are not in this for the country. This is war for them. When you read the below, keep in mind they are speaking of their own party, not democrats, but Republicans.

"According to multiple Trump administration officials speaking to The Daily Beast on the condition of anonymity to talk freely, the president is angry that his first big legislative push is crumbling before his eyes—and his chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon is advising him to take names and keep a hit list of Republicans who worked for Trumpcare’s defeat.
“[Bannon] has told the president to keep a **** list on this,” one official told The Daily Beast. "He wants a running tally of [the Republicans] who want to sink this…Not sure if I'd call it an 'enemies list,' per se, but I wouldn't want to be on it."

One aide described it as a proposed “hit list” for Republicans not sufficiently loyal. Courses of action stemming from any related tally is yet to be determined, but the idea and message is that “we’ll remember you.”"

Reports: Bannon Told Trump ‘To Keep A ‘S**t List’ Of Republicans Who Will Vote Against Health Care Bill - Matt Vespa

The positive spin now, and all of this can change..Trump needs economic success, but keep in mind, the Democratic Party is in a bit of disarray themselves, so time will tell, but I still think the GOP better be very careful
Old 03-24-2017, 09:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
The right needs to be honest and just come out and admit that they don't really care if the poor or unhealthy...have health insurance.
I don't.
It's not one of your rights.

Tags
thought, knew, complicated, healthcare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.