I Can't Remember Being This Heated

Old 04-20-2017, 09:37 AM
n/a

There is no doubt that there are minds that are way bigger than mine who have given much thought to such issues like the ones O'Reilley is accused of. Roger Ailes, I was aware he was accused of wrongdoing but didn't care. I'm a very simple guy, easy amused, easy entertained and trying to not be the hot head I have been most of my work life.

I like Archie Bunker, The Munsters, The O'reilly Factor in that order. I'm expected to watch various commercials like RuPaul and men kissing men on Million Dollar Listing and stay quiet but the show that I enjoy the most with Bill O'Reilly loses Bill because of a Chocolate remark? I'm pretty sure he must have done something wrong if that many women put cases on him but don't you think her deserves another chance? If I'm correct it was word's which I know can be as hurtful as action's but enlighten me did he actually put the wood to someone and the story was buried for money? If he is guilty I wouldn't protect him. I am open minded. Were all the other accusers women? How much is really known about the previous cases? If you know give the facts and supporting web sites not your personal SPIN.

I don't come to this forum often but if words being used heavily in the direction of women is a punishable offense then shame on some of our brother posters. I think it's a basic lack of respect for each other that is entwined throughout our society. It is a culture of to hell with everyone and hooray for me.

I shouldn't have posted yesterday until I calmed down. It is what it is. Sean Hannity is next....Oh Baby somebody is coming for him.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
There is no doubt that there are minds that are way bigger than mine who have given much thought to such issues like the ones O'Reilley is accused of. Roger Ailes, I was aware he was accused of wrongdoing but didn't care. I'm a very simple guy, easy amused, easy entertained and trying to not be the hot head I have been most of my work life.

I like Archie Bunker, The Munsters, The O'reilly Factor in that order. I'm expected to watch various commercials like RuPaul and men kissing men on Million Dollar Listing and stay quiet but the show that I enjoy the most with Bill O'Reilly loses Bill because of a Chocolate remark? I'm pretty sure he must have done something wrong if that many women put cases on him but don't you think her deserves another chance? If I'm correct it was word's which I know can be as hurtful as action's but enlighten me did he actually put the wood to someone and the story was buried for money? If he is guilty I wouldn't protect him. I am open minded. Were all the other accusers women? How much is really known about the previous cases? If you know give the facts and supporting web sites not your personal SPIN.

I don't come to this forum often but if words being used heavily in the direction of women is a punishable offense then shame on some of our brother posters. I think it's a basic lack of respect for each other that is entwined throughout our society. It is a culture of to hell with everyone and hooray for me.

I shouldn't have posted yesterday until I calmed down. It is what it is. Sean Hannity is next....Oh Baby somebody is coming for him.

ONE persons opinion

"I think you have to look at somebody like Sean Hannity," Peters said, "and question whether or not his almost propaganda-like attitude and programming every night is going to be acceptable in the minds of the family which is clearly trying to shift the network in another direction."

New York Times reporter: Sean Hannity could get caught up in Fox's house cleaning
Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 AM
n/a

I wonder why David Letterman was drummed off the air.

Oh, I forgot, he's a liberal and as such, he's exempt.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:08 AM
n/a

Wowser!! The entrance on THIS thread of several men I KNOW and respect certainly calms down some of the bad boys.

Some of you frequent posters also posted some wonderful stuff. (Women are equal...and I did like the addition of Dummy to that phrase)

I never felt that issue of women being equal ever had to be discussed in my lifetime. I always felt that I could do whatever it was that I set out to do and the same for my daughters and granddaughters, and we all have.

I believe that women and men are equal but not alike. Men are stronger and smarter sometimes in some areas, women aren't usually as physically big or as strong but we are very intuitive and read non verbal signs about the universe that help us protect our young and the species. We also fight dirty more frequently. Women who are not ethical are to be feared because they have ways of getting what they want in slimy and subversive ways...I would say that is one of their worst qualities sometimes, just like strength used against women is not fair. That is why rules and laws have been made. However cunning women circumvent many laws of the land.

Well now that I have trashed my sisters, I want to applaud my brothers. So glad to see Dr. Boogie, DBussone, Nucky, Just Jim here along with other valuable souls, who I admire. MDNLB...you nail it just about every time... JBoyer...I think you run a business and have an academic background which usually is someone I like.BUT.... I really don't like much of what you post.

I think this thread is the best one on this Forum for a long time. I love sincerity and honor and all of the other good qualities about gentle and kind and strong and successful men.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Wowser!! The entrance on THIS thread of several men I KNOW and respect certainly calms down some of the bad boys.

Some of you frequent posters also posted some wonderful stuff. (Women are equal...and I did like the addition of Dummy to that phrase)

I never felt that issue of women being equal ever had to be discussed in my lifetime. I always felt that I could do whatever it was that I set out to do and the same for my daughters and granddaughters, and we all have.

I believe that women and men are equal but not alike. Men are stronger and smarter sometimes in some areas, women aren't usually as physically big or as strong but we are very intuitive and read non verbal signs about the universe that help us protect our young and the species. We also fight dirty more frequently. Women who are not ethical are to be feared because they have ways of getting what they want in slimy and subversive ways...I would say that is one of their worst qualities sometimes, just like strength used against women is not fair. That is why rules and laws have been made. However cunning women circumvent many laws of the land.

Well now that I have trashed my sisters, I want to applaud my brothers. So glad to see Dr. Boogie, DBussone, Nucky, Just Jim here along with other valuable souls, who I admire. MDNLB...you nail it just about every time... JBoyer...I think you run a business and have an academic background which usually is someone I like.BUT.... I really don't like much of what you post.

I think this thread is the best one on this Forum for a long time. I love sincerity and honor and all of the other good qualities about gentle and kind and strong and successful men.
SO...you support a serial sexual harrasser in the work place ? I mean a lot....he did it and did for a number of years. A teammate from Fox, Kirsten Powers complained a number of times and was told...."you know Bill" and there is nothing we can do. This is not my kind of guy and more and more I see Moral and ethical issues being resolved based on how we feel about Trump. THAT is scary and sad. His abuse goes back many years and you believe that every single woman was lying, presumably because of politics. That thought should scare every woman on the planet.

SO...since his wife also charged him with abuse in divorce, you then support that kind of behavior. ? He also denied that but she got custody and the charge still stands.

How anyone can stand up for a man who is not once doing it but over many years with many women.

And, on here, we praise and we condemn based on our love for Trump....THAT just plain is scary. I will condemn Trump for his morals, but when his policy is on, I say it. You folks have completely gone to the "other side" and simply each issue, do what Trump's biographers said he does.....create your OWN reality and it does not even have to be related to the real thing.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:06 PM
n/a

If you owned a business and the #1 money maker in that business was accused of something wrong and the person who did the accusing took $$$$ money $$$$ instead of justice over the thing that Bill did to her then accept that forever. That case is done. If what he did was so bad why was it settled with $$$$ MONEY $$$$. If it was my Daughter in Law or Granddaughter no amount of money could soothe an actual sexual romp. If it was only words then he was wrong but to fire him was also wrong based on the FACTS supplied so far. I learned that from Bill O'Reilly. He's just an Old School Guy I Think. We Shall See!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
SO...you support a serial sexual harrasser in the work place ? I mean a lot....he did it and did for a number of years. A teammate from Fox, Kirsten Powers complained a number of times and was told...."you know Bill" and there is nothing we can do. This is not my kind of guy and more and more I see Moral and ethical issues being resolved based on how we feel about Trump. THAT is scary and sad. His abuse goes back many years and you believe that every single woman was lying, presumably because of politics. That thought should scare every woman on the planet.

SO...since his wife also charged him with abuse in divorce, you then support that kind of behavior. ? He also denied that but she got custody and the charge still stands.

How anyone can stand up for a man who is not once doing it but over many years with many women.

And, on here, we praise and we condemn based on our love for Trump....THAT just plain is scary. I will condemn Trump for his morals, but when his policy is on, I say it. You folks have completely gone to the "other side" and simply each issue, do what Trump's biographers said he does.....create your OWN reality and it does not even have to be related to the real thing.
Gotta love it when you liberals use the word "love" or "hate." Those are definites, no hedging, no mucking about.
What makes you so definite that a person that supports the president, also "loves" the president?
Personally, I do not like the man but I do support his ideas. I might like the man IF I was to meet him. I might have liked Obama if I had met him but I would NEVER support his ideology. I believe that Obama was dangerous for America. I believe that Trump has redeeming values in regards to where he wants to take this country.

And so far, Trump has done an excellent job in the short time he has been in office. He must be doing very well considering the only attacks that the left can throw at him are based on his personality, speech, texting, golf, his family, and his appearance. (by the way, he wears very expensive and stylish suits)

Trump has some of the best advisors most could imagine. It does not appear that most of his appointments are past friends or political cronies. It appears that he is choosing successful experts to assist him. Sure, he may have an acquaintance or two in the mix, but his choices have been pretty good. His choice of military leadership is has shown to be great choices.

So, if you think that just because I support the president, that I "love" him, you are nothing more than a liberal simpleton. The people have made a good choice, regardless of his perceived personality flaws.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you owned a business and the #1 money maker in that business was accused of something wrong and the person who did the accusing took $$$$ money $$$$ instead of justice over the thing that Bill did to her then accept that forever. That case is done. If what he did was so bad why was it settled with $$$$ MONEY $$$$. If it was my Daughter in Law or Granddaughter no amount of money could soothe an actual sexual romp. If it was only words then he was wrong but to fire him was also wrong based on the FACTS supplied so far. I learned that from Bill O'Reilly. He's just an Old School Guy I Think. We Shall See!
You make some valid points.

I have no more information than anyone, but the sheer NUMBER of cases, AND from what I have read instilled an environment that was becoming terrible. Ailes was let go, many others left with one constant theme. I might add, that you have never heard the stories of those who got money because of the NDAs, so we hear ONLY OReilly's EXECPT the last two public accusers have stepped up, and I heard Kirsten Powers speak out.

If this was one person, or even two, but so many over a long period of time is alarming.

I do not think there was any physical things, although until we might hear from the accusers we may never know.

To your analogy...if my daughter was subject to that kind of talk and action, and she did the right hang and went to HR, and they simply told her..."you know Bill"....or there is nothing we can do, and it continued.....which I understand it did, she would be gone, and how many have left there in the last year ? I certainly would have recommended to see HR, and the next time, I might be looking at OReilly face to face.

I cannot accept that any corporation on this planet would allow their female employees to be treated like that, ESPECIALLY after they had complained.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:22 PM
n/a

O'Reilly was fired by the Murdochs who own Fox News (after an extensive investigation). The fat lady has sung.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 06:32 PM
n/a

End of story. $25M exit package.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 07:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
O'Reilly was fired by the Murdochs who own Fox News (after an extensive investigation). The fat lady has sung.
Maybe he and Chump can hang out more now, go buy some tic-tacs...and see what they can grab.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe he and Chump can hang out more now, go buy some tic-tacs...and see what they can grab.
They are both laughing all the way to the banks.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
O'Reilly's buyout of $25M is coincidentally the same amount as Trump's payout sum for the Trump University lawsuit settlement. Or is it?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 08:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
O'Reilly's buyout of $25M is coincidentally the same amount as Trump's payout sum for the Trump University lawsuit settlement. Or is it?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I do like O'Reilly's books but I also liked Bill Cosby's comedy. https://www.billoreilly.com/books
Old 04-21-2017, 08:28 AM
n/a

Spent last evening with dear friends of long standing...more than 40 years...who are opposite to us in Political beliefs.

They brought up Bill O'Reilly and felt the same as many; that many men in power or with money are often targeted with cases against them for harassment.

REad what WEndy Walsh had to say...I didn't get anything from this at all; 'I really did it for my daughters': L.A. radio host Wendy Walsh on why she spoke out against Bill O'Reilly - LA Times

When do legitimate attempts to date someone turn into sexual harassment? No one knows, but there are many people in danger who will be damaged forever by false claims of sexual harassment and many people who are guilty as hell.

I guess people have decided about Bill O'Reilly based on their own prejudices. I never was his fan, like Rubicon, there was something about his demeanor that didn't call out to me. I was neutral and rarely watched the show. However many men I know just loved his show. Those men are good men. I feel bad for how they feel. I feel bad about the entire thing. I think he is a victim, but I intuit more than know it.

Tags
remember, wolf, balls, involved, imagine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.