Mortgages--No more "Mr. Nice Guy"

Old 01-22-2017, 10:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Oh...to be naive...blissful ignorance.

The R party PUT him there...he's one of them. This whole "rogue" thing is "reality TV" and Trump played his role flawlessly.

Plausible deniability IF Trump actually DOES try to do something about immigration or welfare or Muslims. They can all throw Trump under the bus and say it's HIM...it was HIS idea...not ours. He'll be the fall guy.

Just my thoughts...
Are you mad cause mommy's dead and it's hard for you to change your own diaper?
Old 01-22-2017, 10:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Because otherwise...women and minorities wouldn't GET a mortgage. They NEED quotas because they CAN'T qualify under even the reduced standards.

The previous meltdown never ended, it was covered up by borrowing over a $ trillion every year.

Diversity continues to destroy the country...the culture...western civilization.
We do agree that many of those asking for loans simply cannot afford to own a house. We also can agree that the government is shifting this burden to taxpayers.

What is little talked about are those deeply underfunded public pensions plans . The liabilities are enormous and if responsible political leaders continue to do nothing they will again shift the burden to taxpayers

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-22-2017, 10:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear guest:

I do not want to belabor this topic but you might want to look at what Freddie, Ginnie FHA, etc have been doing under Obama. simply put the same lousy underwriting practices that created the last mortgage crisis and our economic meltdown

Personal Best Regards:
This practice is another "everyone gets a participation trophy" philosophy. Why would anyone think that granting mortgages to those who have no means of sustaining it is a good thing?
Old 01-22-2017, 11:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
We do agree that many of those asking for loans simply cannot afford to own a house. We also can agree that the government is shifting this burden to taxpayers.

What is little talked about are those deeply underfunded public pensions plans . The liabilities are enormous and if responsible political leaders continue to do nothing they will again shift the burden to taxpayers

Personal Best Regards:

Yes, it was Bill Clinton that started all of this with his "everyone should own a house." And then we ended up with those that were stupid enough to take out Adjustable rate mortgages and decided they no longer wanted their home when the worth of the home fell. They simply walked away from their obligation.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:48 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
You mean the ones FORCED to buy a certain percentage of treasuries, expecting a 7-8% yield and getting 2%?

The debt is getting too high to keep rolling over. The interest payments are getting too high to cover without BORROWING.

When you start borrowing to make interest payments...the end isn't too far off.

Many government bonds in Europe have a NEGATIVE interest rate. YOU pay THEM for the "privilege" for letting them borrow your money. It's why they want to eliminate cash so they CAN charge you for holding your money.

Quote:
This practice is another "everyone gets a participation trophy" philosophy. Why would anyone think that granting mortgages to those who have no means of sustaining it is a good thing?
Women/liberals/minorities who think it's "fair" that EVERYONE be treated "equally" regardless of actual performance or ability.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Yes, it was Bill Clinton that started all of this with his "everyone should own a house." And then we ended up with those that were stupid enough to take out Adjustable rate mortgages and decided they no longer wanted their home when the worth of the home fell. They simply walked away from their obligation.
Walking away from ARM interest rate resets...ALWAYS higher...much higher...MADE people walk away and THEN the home values started to fall.

Don't put the cart in front of the horse.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:55 AM
n/a

Actually obozo said on My tv in front of Me it was ok to ignore your debt if you were a loser like him...
Old 01-22-2017, 12:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually obozo said on My tv in front of Me it was ok to ignore your debt if you were a loser like him...
I heard him say the same thing, only not quite so elaborately as you. But, anyone listening to him and does not believe that he fundamentally wished to destroy America, is not very swift anyway.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:50 PM
n/a

Default A safe bet-you did not vote for trump

Quote:
."...And also, soon after he was sworn in, Mr. Trump signed an order to roll back a discount on the fees for a federal mortgage program that helps middle-class homebuyers. ..."
CBSNEWS

Now, see what the orange-faced pig did to help your kids get a mortgage?

What an AH!
RE: Mortgages
While the mortgage rate has gone up a bit it is still at historical lows.
When, mortgage rates are low people can and do spend more for a home. That is simple price inflation.
Personal experience-we bought our previous home that we sold before moving to the villages we bought with a 25 year mortgage at 8.75%. We lived in that house for 40 years and sold it for roughly 6x what we had paid for it. WOW-great except that in those 40 years most everything you buy has gone us the same 6x. Your kids,
might find as we did that they need to live beneath their incomes and SAVE. It seems to be a strange concept in our LIBERAL WORLD. We all have a choice. Either EARN what you want and need or CRY to others.
The concept of let the government pay for it has allowed the LIBERALS to forget. They are the government. Obama ran the government like a credit card fool. The national debt is now TWENTY TRILLION DOLLARS. The share of that debt attached to every man, woman and child in the US is estimated at $85,000. In another source, I read that if we put in a concerted effort to pay of our national debt it will take 40 years. Obama left that unpaid tab on the desk for future presidents to pay back.

SOLUTION-I DO NOT HAVE ONE-DO YOU?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:45 PM
n/a

Default Not based on my recent experience

Quote:
Dear guest:

I do not want to belabor this topic but you might want to look at what Freddie, Ginnie FHA, etc have been doing under Obama. simply put the same lousy underwriting practices that created the last mortgage crisis and our economic meltdown

Personal Best Regards:
We took a mortgage of our place in the villages. Reason is well several reasons. First the APY was 3.7%-I am getting far more than that on my investments. Perhaps, more important, I expect our government to trash our dollar. To be honest I am still surprised that it did not happen under Obama. Frankly, I am amazed that the fed got away with stuff like quantitative easing-PRINTING MONEY. If, they do trash the American dollar, I will loose a lot but, I will be able throw those government created trash dollars at my mortgage balance.

The mortgage on our previous home was two pages. The mortgage on this place was at least 12. I was a bit surprised for proof that i am who I say I am they would not allow picture ID as they cannot show your race. While, I have more than enough in stock dividends to pay my mortgage the bank insisted on a letter from my brokerage account that they would send me a check out of my investments thus increasing my shown income to qualify for the mortgage. This is the new normal. Fidelity has a form letter for this. It is truly meaningless because you can AND I DID cancel this the day after you get mortgage approval. My brother in law has a 30 year mortgage and will be over 100 by the time he pays a 30 year mortgage.

THE NEW INSANITY
Old 01-22-2017, 02:59 PM
n/a

Default I expect you too voted for trump

Quote:
Dear guest:

Personal Best Regards:
Sadly, Obama and his identical twin by different parents Hillary spend too much of their effort blaming others and trying to spin their failures.

TRUMP-due to personality, or having been a businessman is looking not for someone to blame but for solutions to the problems.

Will everything be perfect under Trump=OF COURSE NOT.
Will things be better-I HOPE SO.
Will things be great again- I WILL SETTLE FOR PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP PROUD OF THEIR CHOICE AND PEOPLE WHO DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP SAYING ADMITTING THAT NOT VOTING FOR TRUMP WAS A MISTAKE. Perhaps, it is a good thing that TRUMP won but it was close. By Trumps own word his golf game is not what it once was and he will not have time to work on his golf game while he is president
Old 01-22-2017, 03:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
When, mortgage rates are low people can and do spend more for a home. That is simple price inflation.
Personal experience-we bought our previous home that we sold before moving to the villages we bought with a 25 year mortgage at 8.75%. We lived in that house for 40 years and sold it for roughly 6x what we had paid for it. WOW-great except that in those 40 years most everything you buy has gone us the same 6x. Your kids,
might find as we did that they need to live beneath their incomes and SAVE. It seems to be a strange concept in our LIBERAL WORLD. We all have a choice. Either EARN what you want and need or CRY to others.
The concept of let the government pay for it has allowed the LIBERALS to forget. They are the government. Obama ran the government like a credit card fool. The national debt is now TWENTY TRILLION DOLLARS. The share of that debt attached to every man, woman and child in the US is estimated at $85,000. In another source, I read that if we put in a concerted effort to pay of our national debt it will take 40 years. Obama left that unpaid tab on the desk for future presidents to pay back.

No, I don't have one. I had one for the first home my wife and I built, but paid it off in 10 years and have not had one in 20 years. But, I am uncomfortable owing anyone for anything... My father always said my inability to work with leverage was holding me back in life, and he was probably right.

I think circumstances and where you are in life (wealth, age, health, needs), changes your perspective as life progresses.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear guest:

Personal Best Regards:
Gee, I have not seen any mortgage crisis or economic meltdown. I must have missed something.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:40 PM
n/a

Quote:

Collapse...it's coming. The depression that has been hidden by borrowing over a $trillion a year for 10 years WILL rear it's ugly head...it's always the same...it ISN'T different this time.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:40 PM
n/a

Default Trump reports he is the great deal makers

Quote:
Oh...to be naive...blissful ignorance.

The R party PUT him there...he's one of them. This whole "rogue" thing is "reality TV" and Trump played his role flawlessly.

Plausible deniability IF Trump actually DOES try to do something about immigration or welfare or Muslims. They can all throw Trump under the bus and say it's HIM...it was HIS idea...not ours. He'll be the fall guy.

Just my thoughts...
In a good deal neither side gets all they want.
PERHAPS, I hope, this past election was A GREAT DEAL FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. The FAR LEFT LIBERAL DEMOCRATS ARE SCREAMING. The FAR RIGHT REPUBLICANS are wondering if TRUMP is truly as HOLY as they claim they are-at least in public.
I HOPE AMERICA HAS GOTTEN A GREAT DEAL.

Tags
mortgage, middle-class, homebuyers, program, federal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.