New Orleans takes down 1st of 4 Confederate statues

Old 04-26-2017, 05:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
No one is attempting to rewrite history fer cripes sake.

The facts of Jackson being warned and using Kentucky and Tennessee marksman to defeat the Briitish haven't changed, or been rewritten, it's simply the citizens of New Orleans have chosen to take a statue down.

Some of you people simply amaze me.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Oh dear?? your ignorance is showing.....
Old 04-26-2017, 11:36 AM
n/a

Default It is sad

Quote:
"One of the confederate Statutes to be taken down is Andrew Jackson on a horse. The Jackson Square's equestrian hero was dedicated to honor Jackson as the man who had mustered a motley assortment of troops militiamen, Kentucky volunteers salves, and fee men of color, local gentry, Indians, pirates and privateers to defend the city for AMERICA .

Public reminders of our ancestors , moral warts and all, invites us to consider the degree to which we too are ethical works in progress, a useful dose of humility in our age of smug political absolutism"

Danny Heitman, columnist, Advocate Newspaper. Louisiana

P.s. the progressives are re-writing American history

Personal Best Regards:
HISTORY-Hitler did exactly the same thing. Are we going to have book burnings? Huckfinn has been removed from school libraries
Old 04-26-2017, 11:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
HISTORY-Hitler did exactly the same thing. Are we going to have book burnings? Huckfinn has been removed from school libraries
It's funny how the liberals/progressives THINK they're on the side of right...but THEY are the real Nazi's...they are the ones bend on banning things. Banning OUR freedom to choose. Making US slaves to THEIR desires. Telling EVERYONE how they must think and behave.

ALL for the delusion that we're all equal.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's funny how the liberals/progressives THINK they're on the side of right...but THEY are the real Nazi's...they are the ones bend on banning things. Banning OUR freedom to choose. Making US slaves to THEIR desires. Telling EVERYONE how they must think and behave.

ALL for the delusion that we're all equal.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Oh dear?? your ignorance is showing.....

Not only is YOUR ignorance showing, but I'll wait until you show where any 'history' regarding what Andrew Jackson actually did...has been changed.

C'mon now...don't disappoint.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 04-26-2017, 08:00 PM
n/a

Quote:

Not only is YOUR ignorance showing, but I'll wait until you show where any 'history' regarding what Andrew Jackson actually did...has been changed.

C'mon now...don't disappoint.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Doesn't look like he's very revered by the progressives...THIS is the his-story that is beginning to be taught as the minorities gain political power.

Andrew Jackson racism - Google Search

Indian-Killer Andrew Jackson Deserves Top Spot on List of Worst US Presidents - Indian Country Media Network

Andrew Jackson: Populism, Racism and Genocide All Rolled Into One. Sound Familiar?

Who Was the Most Racist Modern President? 5 Surprising Candidates Who Fit the Bill | Alternet

Trump’s disturbing resemblance to the dangerously abrasive and disgustingly racist Andrew Jackson

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thoma...te-nationalism

https://mic.com/articles/171231/trum...-in-us-history

https://thinkprogress.org/donald-tru...e-833f4d6f2c3d

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ibram-..._10135836.html
Old 04-26-2017, 08:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
And just like with you, the label of 'disgusting racist'...is completely accurate.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:.
You mean realist don't you?

SHOW me the equality...the black villages...I've been asking for, for about a year now.

I showed you once again how wrong you are...and this is how you treat me? I'm teaching you things daily...things you obviously didn't know...and you call me names?

IS what I linked to what you/I were taught about him in school growing up? WERE you taught he was a racist? Yes or no.

I already know the answer...too bad you won't admit it.

Tags
city, confederate, orleans, majority, statues

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.