One of the Presidents Whom I Admire.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:52 PM
n/a

Default One of the Presidents Whom I Admire.

Quote:
The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else.
Teddy Roosevelt.

Now this was a courageous man. Unlike Donald John Trump. Who is a whiny little....
Old 02-18-2017, 10:56 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest]Teddy Roosevelt.

I like Teddy from the history I have read about him .

However it must be pointed out that more recently several historians are questioning the entire San Juhan Hill episode .

They are now saying that it was unnecessary wasted lives needlessly and was a contrived stunt by Teddy to get lots of positive publicity back home to further his political aspirations .
Old 02-19-2017, 12:19 AM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Teddy Roosevelt.

I like Teddy from the history I have read about him .

However it must be pointed out that more recently several historians are questioning the entire San Juhan Hill episode .

They are now saying that it was unnecessary wasted lives needlessly and was a contrived stunt by Teddy to get lots of positive publicity back home to further his political aspirations .
Information from where?
Old 02-19-2017, 05:46 AM
n/a

History always tells a better story. Theodore Roosevelt said
"" to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. to anger a liberal, tell him the truth". T Roosevelt began the progressive movement. The teddy bear was named in honor of him.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-19-2017, 05:54 AM
n/a

Teddy Roosevelt’s Ride Up San Juan Hill Took Him to the White House - The Daily Beast

He sounds like he was quite reckless but I do not see any indication that the charge was unnecessary.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
"" to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. to anger a liberal, tell him the truth". T Roosevelt began the progressive movement. The teddy bear was named in honor of him.

Personal Best Regards:
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.

Theodore Roosevelt

We cannot afford to differ on the question of honesty if we expect our republic permanently to endure. Honesty is not so much a credit as an absolute prerequisite to efficient service to the public. Unless a man is honest, we have no right to keep him in public life; it matters not how brilliant his capacity.

Theodore Roosevelt

Character is far more important than intellect in making a man a good citizen or successful at his calling- meaning by character not only such qualities as honesty and truthfulness, but courage, perseverance and self-reliance.

Theodore Roosevelt

Honesty first; then courage; then brains - and all are indispensable.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-19-2017, 10:49 AM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest]
Quote:

Information from where?

As I said recent books written by published historians .

So now comes the easy part for you ------- if you are really interested then do your own research .

Don`t expect others to genuflect to you and do as you demand .
Old 02-19-2017, 02:17 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest]
Quote:

As I said recent books written by published historians .

So now comes the easy part for you ------- if you are really interested then do your own research .

Don`t expect others to genuflect to you and do as you demand .
Old 02-19-2017, 04:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiTHECon

Personal Best Regards:

You're busted for lying...AGAIN!

Teddy Roosevelt on Conservatives vs. Liberals
Quote:

There's no evidence that Theodore Roosevelt actually said that "to anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth."

It seems in this case that — as with other quotes — someone took a pithy saying from a chain e-mail and attached a famous name and photograph to it to lend it more credence.
Now don't you feel really stupid?

No wonder you try to excuse Chump's lying as..."as a little harmless exaggeration & hyperbole."

No charge for the education.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 02-19-2017, 06:04 PM
n/a

And the response from thee crowd to the Bully is " Crickets " . The message to the Bully --- go play with your self using your magnifying glass and your tweezer set .
Old 02-19-2017, 06:14 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
It appears that your lack of knowledge and ability to be so swayed by hateful emails continues. The first email telling this lie goes back to 1999.

Teddy Roosevelt on Conservatives vs. Liberals

It is disproved on several sites.

Rubicon, honestly, opening yourself up to honesty and truth might make you feel better.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Chip
And the response from thee crowd to the Bully is " Crickets " . The message to the Bully --- go play with your self using your magnifying glass and your tweezer set .

PEEKABOO.

You sure aren't doing a very good job of "freezing me out"...are you?

It sure is lonely though...living in your head rent free.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 02-20-2017, 01:55 PM
n/a

Quote:

Tags
president, admire, presidents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.