Pence Rally in the Villages.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Clinton did make a request for an appropriate village location. The expected crowd was under 100, the msnbc media.
I believe that Clinton tried to reserve one of the rooms in the Santiago Rec Center that could hold supporters, but the Chess club was meeting and needed enough room for four tables.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is a heavily Republican stronghold. But, Donald Trump is really a Democrat in the GOP conning you people for all it is worth. Look a his policies.
You may be right. You should vote for him, rather than Clinton because he is a better Democrat than her. Very good point. You should pass this on to the rest of your friends, or friend as the case may be.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:02 AM
n/a

"Do you deliberately go out of your way to look stupid or does it come naturally?"

This is why it's not much fun trying to get into an interesting conversation.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Missing the point. Other venues like the Polo Field would have been options. The Polo Field could have handled 50,000 or so.
I don't believe I am.

The op attempted to make a snarky popularity comparison between Pence and Palin by noting that Pence only had 850 or so attendees
while Palin had over 20,000. The op deliberately failed to mention that the Savannah center was filled to its capacity of 850.

We don't know why the Savannah center was chosen, and we don't know how many would have attended if the venues were the same.
I suspect it would be way more than 850 but not as many as 20,000. To somehow equate the relative popularity based the op's original
assertions is ridiculous but not unsurprising.

Have a deplorable er wonderful day in the Villages.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
I don't believe I am.

The op attempted to make a snarky popularity comparison between Pence and Palin by noting that Pence only had 850 or so attendees
while Palin had over 20,000. The op deliberately failed to mention that the Savannah center was filled to its capacity of 850.

We don't know why the Savannah center was chosen, and we don't know how many would have attended if the venues were the same.
I suspect it would be way more than 850 but not as many as 20,000. To somehow equate the relative popularity based the op's original

Let's be fair. We also don't know why a recenter wasn't chosen. Then it would be packed at 100 people.

Asking questions and getting into a discussion can be enjoyable.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Do you deliberately go out of your way to look stupid or does it come naturally?"

This is why it's not much fun trying to get into an interesting conversation.
Let me apologize for that. It was made in the heat of the moment, but that is not an excuse.

I think it's sometimes hard to remember we're talking to real people, with real feelings.
We're nasty to each other on the list and best friends in the bubble. Why is that?

Instead of declaring someone's post B.S. or stupid, why not take a few minutes and put
together a thoughtful, respectful response.

I hereby banish myself...at least for awhile.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
I don't believe I am.

Who knows how they chose the center, who cares, seems the press took up a lot of space. I do however bet that Pence did break out in hives thinking if it holds X amount of people what are the odds of 4% being gay. Can I let them know how to go about having their restaurants not serve them if they choose not to. He thought it was a good idea in Indiana! Ya think it would work in the Villages. NOT. Get rid of the BUMS!

Make America Great Again

Just what are they saying what has Pence said and done in the past. read
Old 09-18-2016, 10:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Let me apologize for that. It was made in the heat of the moment, but that is not an excuse.

I think it's sometimes hard to remember we're talking to real people, with real feelings.
We're nasty to each other on the list and best friends in the bubble. Why is that?

Instead of declaring someone's post B.S. or stupid, why not take a few minutes and put
together a thoughtful, respectful response.

I hereby banish myself...at least for awhile.
That wasn't meant for you. Just a general comment regarding some posters.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Here's my theory on a question that was meant to be rhetorical.

I think we can all relate to this.

Suppose you golf with 7 other guys and there is one guy that just breaks balls because he finds it fun. He tells you your swing is bad, you hit stupid shots, your shirt is pink so you must be a homo, on and on and on.

One way or the other he gets dumped from the group. You can't dump anyone here.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Here's my theory on a question that was meant to be rhetorical.

I think we can all relate to this.

Suppose you golf with 7 other guys and there is one guy that just breaks balls because he finds it fun. He tells you your swing is bad, you hit stupid shots, your shirt is pink so you must be a homo, on and on and on.

One way or the other he gets dumped from the group. You can't dump anyone here.
I call it the 7 others are giving him SILENT APPROVAL!

What wrong with standing up for what does not seem quite right?

You would probably consider me outspoken because I would call someone on that type of behavior. It is bullying, not good natured fun.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
I call it the 7 others are giving him SILENT APPROVAL!

What wrong with standing up for what does not seem quite right?

You would probably consider me outspoken because I would call someone on that type of behavior. It is bullying, not good natured fun.
You just don't invite the guy anymore. At my age, in this place with a 160,000 potential friends, why am I going to get into an argument. It's not my boss, coworker, employee or relative I need to see again.

Maybe the guy finds 7 other guys that enjoy breaking balls. That's win - win.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:12 AM
n/a

I believe the thread has a subject regarding Pence's rally.

I would have been interested in hearing it, but I do not like crowds. I wonder if it was recorded. It's not like it is going to make a difference in my vote, but I do like to know where they stand at a given time. I plan to vote Trump/Pence but I might watch the debates for entertainment value only. It won't change my vote. If you don't know your candidate by now, then you are not keeping up with current events. To me, the only debates important are the primaries. That is where you really learn where your candidate stands. I am also not interested in rallies, but I do like the way they motivate the voters and donors.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
I believe the thread has a subject regarding Pence's rally.

I would have been interested in hearing it, but I do not like crowds. I wonder if it was recorded. It's not like it is going to make a difference in my vote, but I do like to know where they stand at a given time. I plan to vote Trump/Pence but I might watch the debates for entertainment value only. It won't change my vote. If you don't know your candidate by now, then you are not keeping up with current events. To me, the only debates important are the primaries. That is where you really learn where your candidate stands. I am also not interested in rallies, but I do like the way they motivate the voters and donors.
Now it's about the debates.
You bring up an interesting question. I wonder what percentage of voters watch a debate knowing that anything said will not matter.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:37 AM
n/a

I think Hilary's attendance will pick up from now on:

It's like formula 1 racing---nobody's there to watch cars go around the track 200 times, they're hoping to see a crash

Likewise for HRC---nobody cares to hear her babble on in a shrill voice, they're hoping to see a coughing spell or her passing out
Old 09-18-2016, 11:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Now it's about the debates.
You bring up an interesting question. I wonder what percentage of voters watch a debate knowing that anything said will not matter.
This late in the game, the debates are just entertainment. I don't switch sides over a witty remark. Trump could stand there and say noting for all I care. Seems to be a waste of time this late in the game. We'll be voting early, sometime around Oct 24th, so the debates are way too late to matter. I'd rather watch TV political ads.

Tags
villages, rally, pence

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.