Republicans Just Granted Themselves Special Status In Their Latest Healthcare Bill

Old 04-27-2017, 06:07 AM
n/a

Paul Ryan and Chuck Schumer are both N.F.G. they don't give a rats ass about anybody but themselves. They should be required to have the same rules on their health care as they are trying to put together for the rest of us. Very disrespectful men. High level in charge of so much and just low lifes. When I see either one of these guys speak on the news it gives me chills. Schumer was a level headed get thing done type of guy until he got a job with a little power. He did common sense things to help people before he was elevated. Guess he aspires to bigger things. Who knows. Paul Ryan, just no good, a lying sack of ****. Just a sad situation.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Progressives just like making stuff up when it comes to Trump and the Republican Party. Unlike Nancy Pelosi , Republicans are reading what's in the bill and deciding how best to proceed.

In my view the debate is termed "health care"but it is really "insurance coverage" and is placing the carriage in front of the horse.

I say this because if you study the arguments it always returns to what is affordable and not what is the most effective and efficient manner to deliver health care. Focusing on the efficacy of health care pays dividends in reducing costs in the long run

Keep in mind only 2% of the population get their health care through Obama exchanges. Most have employer insurance coverage and/or medicare and medicaid.

Once again we are reminded of Reagan's "the scariest 9 words are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"

The elimination of a pre-existing condition as a basis to deny insurance coverage is problematic. No one would buy a new car already damaged or a house already set afire. Eliminating sound underwriting criteria is the how and why of the housing bubble and the long and deep recession that followed . However we are not speaking of property but human beings and thus there is a manner in subsidizing those in NEED BUT IN NEED TRULY.

Personal Best Regards:
Yes they DO like making stuff up...and twisting things too to mach what they want.

Yes it is...it's about how much healthcare actually costs and how much it needs to be subsidized. A $million in lifetime healthcare costs...costs over $1,000 a month for 80 years.

Healthcare is simply too expensive...EVERYONE in the healthcare industry MUST take a cut. Doctors...what EVERY parent wants their daughter to marry...make too much money. We can't afford their services. They MUST take a cut.

Almost half the population get their healthcare provided/subsidized by the government through medicare/medicaid. Half the population gets a government benefit...and healthcare is a big one. Only 1/3 the population HAS a job and 1/4 of those...only work part time.

His words SHOULD have been: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to steal"

We can't keep doing it...the number in "need" keeps rising and the cost keeps rising too...it's unsustainable...it's ANOTHER bubble that WILL come crashing down. By WANTING too much...by GETTING too much...we are destroying the system.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Yes they DO like making stuff up...and twisting things too to mach what they want.

Yes it is...it's about how much healthcare actually costs and how much it needs to be subsidized. A $million in lifetime healthcare costs...costs over $1,000 a month for 80 years.

Healthcare is simply too expensive...EVERYONE in the healthcare industry MUST take a cut. Doctors...what EVERY parent wants their daughter to marry...make too much money. We can't afford their services. They MUST take a cut.

Almost half the population get their healthcare provided/subsidized by the government through medicare/medicaid. Half the population gets a government benefit...and healthcare is a big one. Only 1/3 the population HAS a job and 1/4 of those...only work part time.

His words SHOULD have been: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to steal"

We can't keep doing it...the number in "need" keeps rising and the cost keeps rising too...it's unsustainable...it's ANOTHER bubble that WILL come crashing down. By WANTING too much...by GETTING too much...we are destroying the system.
Are you a picture of health or do you actually get healthcare? If so, then you are in one of the ones in "need" of which you speak. Yes, the number in need keeps rising. What would you have the government do about that? People get sick most of the time through no fault of their own. Sickness is a side-effect of life. Maybe just like the younger ones here dictate about not driving after such and such age, maybe people should just not live after such and such age. Or any age, for that matter, if they have the misfortune to get sick.

As for the doctors making too much money, I guess you think that they should go back to doing everything themselves...no hospitals, no nurses, primitive drugs where if you lived then you lived...otherwise, too bad, and took chickens in return for their services. Who do you think pays the nurses salaries, rents/leases/owns the office, buys the equipment, buys the supplies, pays for the janitorial services? And last, but not least, who pays their outrageous malpractice insurance premiums in order to protect them from the many frivolous lawsuits and the few that are legitimate? Remember, Medicare et. al, only pays what they approve which is far lower than what is billed. What do you think doctors would come out with if they billed what you think they should? Not even enough to pay the bills, much less have any take home pay, that's what. Have you also considered that they do not get 'overtime' pay, yet often have to work outlandish hours just to take care of those ever expensive needy people? Do they get to enjoy every evening at home with their families without work interruption?Did/do you take bottom dollar for whatever your job was? Please show me someone who willing works for less than the job normally pays just so they can avoid being considered greedy by others. I could go on, but if you fail to get the picture.........

We all paid into Medicare all our working lives and continue to pay premiums, so we most certainly are not getting something for nothing. We also have deductibles and co-pays, so once again, we are not getting our care for free. All insurance is 'subsidized' in some form. In private pay, it is by you.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:57 AM
n/a

Default Your post is emotional not logical

Quote:
By Rika Christensen on April 26, 2017 10:38 am ·
If you have a pre-existing condition, Obamacare currently protects you from being turned down for insurance on the basis of that condition. Republicans want to take that away because insuring sick people just eats too much profit, and healthcare is a privilege, not a right anyway. The latest iteration of their ridiculous healthcare plan will allow states to decide whether insurers have to cover people with pre-existing conditions, because of course it does, but it also contains a brand-new amendment that’s patently disgusting.

It carves an exemption out for members of Congress and their staffs. Insurers would still be required to provide coverage for them regardless of pre-existing conditions. Vox confirmed it last night:

“A spokesperson for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) who authored this amendment confirmed this was the case: members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping these Obamacare regulations.”

But don’t Republicans hate Obamacare? Well, their relationship with Obamacare is actually considerably more complex than we tend to give it credit for. Contrary to popular belief, we taxpayers don’t subsidize Congress’ health insurance the way many people think. In fact, we never did. Until 2013, they were covered under the Federal Employee Health Benefits program, which is a health insurance marketplace where they (and every other federal employee) purchase health insurance with all the same bull**** as everyone else, and have their premiums taken out of their paychecks.

The Office of Personnel Management contributes to each employee’s premium, but where private sector employers cover an average of 83 percent of their employees’ premiums (or 72 percent for family plans), OPM covers 72 to 75 percent, whichever is less depending on a variety of factors, across the board.

In 2013, all of Congress was kicked off of FEHB thanks to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA). He proposed an amendment to the ACA that would require all members of Congress to purchase health insurance through the exchanges, and for their staffs under the small business provision.

So that’s what they’ve been doing for health insurance for the last four years. Where their own lives are concerned, Obamacare’s popular provisions are good things. Where the rest of the country is concerned, though, well, we all know how they feel about the rest of us. The prohibition on denying insurance due to pre-existing conditions is one of the most popular provisions and they want to gut it.

For everyone but themselves.

Can they get any more obvious about where their true priorities lie?
IN THE REAL WORLD, the US does not deny healthcare to anybody.

People who have nothing to loose-no property, no savings are in fact immune from suits attempting to collect unpaid medical bills. Their bills are a loss to the medical profession
and like any other THEFT, needs to be added to the bills of others. Simple explanation of why you are billed $20 or so for an aspirin.

In the US 80% of all medical care is paid for by either insurance or the government. The system is simply crazy.
There is no reason to ask the price or to ask about whether the ....... is necessary. IF, I SOUND NUTS try it
ask your doctor is it necessary-ask your doctor about less expensive options.

I spent 4 days at the villages hospital. The bill was 50,000. AETNA paid 30,000 COVERING THE BILL IN FULL.
If, I had decided not to pay for insurance, I would have been billed, I would have had to pay TWICE WHAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY PAYS FOR THE SAME EXACT SERVICE-simple explanation of why you cannot self insure your medical care.

We insist upon the same care for all. Whether they pay for it or not-THIS IS CRAZY.

Under what came to be called OBAMACARE, the US felt a need to invent the wheel. THIS IS CRAZY-they only needed to see how the rest of the industrialized world does it FOR HALF THE COST and the results, while they too bitch about it, the results are about the same as ours, far as life expectancy.

I've read that lawsuits and fear of lawsuits add 30% to our medical costs. Perhaps, a great place to look for cost savings. Only trouble is most of our politicians are attys.

Many of our people-including the OP-think the medical people make too much money so in a lawsuit the reward will be huge. Not necessary because of fault but just due to the concept of take from the rich. YUP, that cost too
will be in your medical bill due the cost of INSURANCE.

THERE ARE NO EASY SOLUTIONS. PEOPLE ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO ARGUE WITH THEIR HEART INSTEAD OF THEIR HEAD. FOR THAT MATTER PEOPLE ARGUE WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND SOME DO NOT EVEN REALIZE THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 AM
n/a

Thumbs up Congress ineffective

Quote:
You can bet the farm and all the chickens on it that I damned sure didn't vote for Clinton. But since it seems so important to you, I did vote for Trump. Do I agree with him on everything? No. But a vote for anyone else, would have just been a vote for her and no way was I going to be a party to getting her elected.

It would be much easier for all of us, though, if BOTH sides would work as hard at doing what they are SUPPOSED to be doing as they are fighting every idea he puts out there. This government is designed to be a government of and for the people, not just certain people like those in Congress that put themselves above the rest of the country. Apparently, they never got the concept of teamwork.
--Amen to working together! Congress is totally ineffective and too self absorbed in getting their jobs extended.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Are you a picture of health or do you actually get healthcare? If so, then you are in one of the ones in "need" of which you speak. Yes, the number in need keeps rising. What would you have the government do about that? People get sick most of the time through no fault of their own. Sickness is a side-effect of life. Maybe just like the younger ones here dictate about not driving after such and such age, maybe people should just not live after such and such age. Or any age, for that matter, if they have the misfortune to get sick.

As for the doctors making too much money, I guess you think that they should go back to doing everything themselves...no hospitals, no nurses, primitive drugs where if you lived then you lived...otherwise, too bad, and took chickens in return for their services. Who do you think pays the nurses salaries, rents/leases/owns the office, buys the equipment, buys the supplies, pays for the janitorial services? And last, but not least, who pays their outrageous malpractice insurance premiums in order to protect them from the many frivolous lawsuits and the few that are legitimate? Remember, Medicare et. al, only pays what they approve which is far lower than what is billed. What do you think doctors would come out with if they billed what you think they should? Not even enough to pay the bills, much less have any take home pay, that's what. Have you also considered that they do not get 'overtime' pay, yet often have to work outlandish hours just to take care of those ever expensive needy people? Do they get to enjoy every evening at home with their families without work interruption?Did/do you take bottom dollar for whatever your job was? Please show me someone who willing works for less than the job normally pays just so they can avoid being considered greedy by others. I could go on, but if you fail to get the picture.........

We all paid into Medicare all our working lives and continue to pay premiums, so we most certainly are not getting something for nothing. We also have deductibles and co-pays, so once again, we are not getting our care for free. All insurance is 'subsidized' in some form. In private pay, it is by you.
You DIDN'T pay enough. Many people use $1million worth of healthcare in their life. That comes out to 960 over $1,000 payments...$1,000 a month for 80 straight years...did you pay that much? You certainly ARE getting a LOT for free...if you didn't pay in full, you got part of it for free.

No it not...it's not subsidized...it's spread risk...some pay more, some pay less than what they end up costing in the end. Healthcare is subsidized by the government to the tune of a $ trillion a year.

Quote:
IN THE REAL WORLD, the US does not deny healthcare to anybody.

People who have nothing to loose-no property, no savings are in fact immune from suits attempting to collect unpaid medical bills. Their bills are a loss to the medical profession
and like any other THEFT, needs to be added to the bills of others. Simple explanation of why you are billed $20 or so for an aspirin.

In the US 80% of all medical care is paid for by either insurance or the government. The system is simply crazy.
There is no reason to ask the price or to ask about whether the ....... is necessary. IF, I SOUND NUTS try it
ask your doctor is it necessary-ask your doctor about less expensive options.

I spent 4 days at the villages hospital. The bill was 50,000. AETNA paid 30,000 COVERING THE BILL IN FULL.
If, I had decided not to pay for insurance, I would have been billed, I would have had to pay TWICE WHAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY PAYS FOR THE SAME EXACT SERVICE-simple explanation of why you cannot self insure your medical care.

We insist upon the same care for all. Whether they pay for it or not-THIS IS CRAZY.

Under what came to be called OBAMACARE, the US felt a need to invent the wheel. THIS IS CRAZY-they only needed to see how the rest of the industrialized world does it FOR HALF THE COST and the results, while they too bitch about it, the results are about the same as ours, far as life expectancy.

I've read that lawsuits and fear of lawsuits add 30% to our medical costs. Perhaps, a great place to look for cost savings. Only trouble is most of our politicians are attys.

Many of our people-including the OP-think the medical people make too much money so in a lawsuit the reward will be huge. Not necessary because of fault but just due to the concept of take from the rich. YUP, that cost too
will be in your medical bill due the cost of INSURANCE.

THERE ARE NO EASY SOLUTIONS. PEOPLE ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO ARGUE WITH THEIR HEART INSTEAD OF THEIR HEAD. FOR THAT MATTER PEOPLE ARGUE WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND SOME DO NOT EVEN REALIZE THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
Sure there are...government gets out of the health insurance business. You either have insurance or you pay for it or you die. Since when is it governments job to support you from cradle to grave and keep you healthy in the meantime? "Provide for the General Welfare" doesn't mean a replacement for mommy and daddy.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:08 PM
n/a

Quote:

Yep, we paid all our lives into Medicare, but I DO NOT pay any more Medicare premiums. I declined Medicare B because I am not going to pay for something I do not need. I do NOT use Medicare A, even though I paid for it all my working life. I have full coverage private insurance that pays for my health care. Medicare is another FAILED government experiment. All you get for all those years that you put into Medicare is hospitalization. Nothing more. If you want more, you have to continue tp pay more. I consider it a rip off. Medicaid for those that pay NOTHING is better. Medicaid for the lazy is better than Medicare that you worked hard for.

And the ironic part is that Obamacare STOLE almost a trillion bucks to subsidize Medicaid for new enrollees. Or whatever the money was used for. But, we do know it was to subsidize Obamacare, and we do know that WE worked for the money and it is being given away.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post
You DIDN'T pay enough. Many people use $1million worth of healthcare in their life. That comes out to 960 over $1,000 payments...$1,000 a month for 80 straight years...did you pay that much? You certainly ARE getting a LOT for free...if you didn't pay in full, you got part of it for free.

No it not...it's not subsidized...it's spread risk...some pay more, some pay less than what they end up costing in the end. Healthcare is subsidized by the government to the tune of a $ trillion a year.

Sure there are...government gets out of the health insurance business. You either have insurance or you pay for it or you die. Since when is it governments job to support you from cradle to grave and keep you healthy in the meantime? "Provide for the General Welfare" doesn't mean a replacement for mommy and daddy.

Sounds to me like your daddy was a little to hard on you. Didn't your mommy try to protect you ?
Old 04-27-2017, 03:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yep, we paid all our lives into Medicare, but I DO NOT pay any more Medicare premiums. I declined Medicare B because I am not going to pay for something I do not need. I do NOT use Medicare A, even though I paid for it all my working life. I have full coverage private insurance that pays for my health care. Medicare is another FAILED government experiment. All you get for all those years that you put into Medicare is hospitalization. Nothing more. If you want more, you have to continue tp pay more. I consider it a rip off. Medicaid for those that pay NOTHING is better. Medicaid for the lazy is better than Medicare that you worked hard for.

And the ironic part is that Obamacare STOLE almost a trillion bucks to subsidize Medicaid for new enrollees. Or whatever the money was used for. But, we do know it was to subsidize Obamacare, and we do know that WE worked for the money and it is being given away.
Bully for you, Mr. Holier-Than-Thou, that you don't partake of the insurance (yes, it is insurance) you paid for all those years. By the way, Medicare A has a huge deductible every time you are hospitalized, so unless you have a no-deductible supplement, you will still be paying one way or the other. Like the private insurance you describe as being spread out, so is Medicare. Some use more, some use less, or not at all. My brother and his wife both died before they could use any of it of which they had paid. She was not yet 65 and he had just turned 65. Just like your private insurance that you are so proud of, their portion is being spread to those fortunate enough to still live. People die on a daily basis without ever collecting a penny of what they paid. That's why it is INSURANCE, just as your private one is. Hopefully, you will never lose that private insurance that you have, because if you do, you will have to prove insurability to get another or get a supplement to go with your original Medicare (that is surmising that you can even get any of the Medicare you so nobly rejected).
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Paul Ryan and Chuck Schumer are both N.F.G. they don't give a rats ass about anybody but themselves. They should be required to have the same rules on their health care as they are trying to put together for the rest of us. Very disrespectful men. High level in charge of so much and just low lifes. When I see either one of these guys speak on the news it gives me chills. Schumer was a level headed get thing done type of guy until he got a job with a little power. He did common sense things to help people before he was elevated. Guess he aspires to bigger things. Who knows. Paul Ryan, just no good, a lying sack of ****. Just a sad situation.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Bully for you, Mr. Holier-Than-Thou, that you don't partake of the insurance (yes, it is insurance) you paid for all those years. By the way, Medicare A has a huge deductible every time you are hospitalized, so unless you have a no-deductible supplement, you will still be paying one way or the other. Like the private insurance you describe as being spread out, so is Medicare. Some use more, some use less, or not at all. My brother and his wife both died before they could use any of it of which they had paid. She was not yet 65 and he had just turned 65. Just like your private insurance that you are so proud of, their portion is being spread to those fortunate enough to still live. People die on a daily basis without ever collecting a penny of what they paid. That's why it is INSURANCE, just as your private one is. Hopefully, you will never lose that private insurance that you have, because if you do, you will have to prove insurability to get another or get a supplement to go with your original Medicare (that is surmising that you can even get any of the Medicare you so nobly rejected).
Did your brother and wife smoke?
Were they fat ass people?
Did they put on sunblock or tanning oil?
Did they take care of themselves?

That is the part that makes no sense. People live carelessly and then want somebody else to help them.

I am healthy, age 53 male, that is not on any prescriptions, have no health issues, do preventive medical testing (PSA, cholesterol, Colonoscopy, etc) at recommend times.

But my health insurance premiums have increased about 50% over the last 3 years. I am currently at $1350 a month.

That is ridiculous that I have to pay that much so the insurance companies can provide care for some fat ass that smoked way after it was guarenteed to cause health problems. Obammacare sucks! I am sick of giving lazy people money that I worked hard for!!

And to the people worried about pre existing conditions being included...I am sure the insurance company is fine with that, as they can make the premiums so high it would be better for your family if you drove off a cliff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2017, 05:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
You can bet the farm and all the chickens on it that I damned sure didn't vote for Clinton. But since it seems so important to you, I did vote for Trump. Do I agree with him on everything? No. But a vote for anyone else, would have just been a vote for her and no way was I going to be a party to getting her elected.

It would be much easier for all of us, though, if BOTH sides would work as hard at doing what they are SUPPOSED to be doing as they are fighting every idea he puts out there. This government is designed to be a government of and for the people, not just certain people like those in Congress that put themselves above the rest of the country. Apparently, they never got the concept of teamwork.
Well, you voted for Trump. Too bad, truly, about your husband.

However, remember how you voted when the pre-existing conditions clause makes it impossible to get the needed insurance.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:23 PM
n/a

Quote:

Of course it is...white people aren't having kids because children are expensive...UNLESS you're a minority on welfare...then it's an extra few $ hundred a month.

We spent a $ trillion a year already and they're not done yet. $1,000 a month worth of "insurance" as a minimum for everyone is unsustainable.

yes it IS being given away...it's going to the half the population that used to be called the minorities...to be used to buy stuff from the people who own the corporations who buy off the politicians who vote to give the poor money.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Did your brother and wife smoke?
Were they fat ass people?
Did they put on sunblock or tanning oil?
Did they take care of themselves?

That is the part that makes no sense. People live carelessly and then want somebody else to help them.

I am healthy, age 53 male, that is not on any prescriptions, have no health issues, do preventive medical testing (PSA, cholesterol, Colonoscopy, etc) at recommend times.

But my health insurance premiums have increased about 50% over the last 3 years. I am currently at $1350 a month.

That is ridiculous that I have to pay that much so the insurance companies can provide care for some fat ass that smoked way after it was guarenteed to cause health problems. Obammacare sucks! I am sick of giving lazy people money that I worked hard for!!

And to the people worried about pre existing conditions being included...I am sure the insurance company is fine with that, as they can make the premiums so high it would be better for your family if you drove off a cliff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yes, they did take care of themselves, and no they were not fat nor did their lifestyle have anything to do with their deaths. What makes you so righteous that surely it was their fault they became ill and died? My brother was still employed when he died and caring for his sick wife who worked as long as she was able. So now you don't have to worry that any of your precious money was being wasted on them. They didn't have the privilege of using it, anyway.

Do you think that doing all the "right" things you claim you do is going to make you immortal? Boy, are you in for a very rude awakening! Proud and boastful, along with making judgements of people you know absolutely nothing about, only broadcasts your total ignorance and arrogance.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yes, they did take care of themselves, and no they were not fat nor did their lifestyle have anything to do with their deaths. What makes you so righteous that surely it was their fault they became ill and died? My brother was still employed when he died and caring for his sick wife who worked as long as she was able. So now you don't have to worry that any of your precious money was being wasted on them. They didn't have the privilege of using it, anyway.

Do you think that doing all the "right" things you claim you do is going to make you immortal? Boy, are you in for a very rude awakening! Proud and boastful, along with making judgements of people you know absolutely nothing about, only broadcasts your total ignorance and arrogance.
We CANNOT afford to give EVERYONE healthcare equaling $1,000+ a month. We already borrow a $1 trillion a year...can we afford to borrow $2 trillion a year to pay for it? The total costs only go up as the population grows and ages.

The first thing we MUST do is stop trying to save EVERY baby born. Some should be let go. Allowed to naturally die. The ones who will cost many $ millions in their short difficult lives.

Growth in America has stopped with the changing demographics...as seen by the negligent GDP growth the last what....17 years? We haven't had really good growth since 2000. The impetus for growth...white people...are becoming the minority.

Tags
insurance, health, obamacare, pre-existing, congress

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.