Republicans Just Granted Themselves Special Status In Their Latest Healthcare Bill

Old 05-02-2017, 10:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
First you are mixing up AVERAGES with specific people-Chinese person hit by a rescue vehicle.

RE: your health insurance cost.
If, you are paying private health isnsurance it is because you CHOSE to quit working before age 65 when you could, would, be covered by medicare. Medicare is, even for you,
subsidized by others.

RE: Your view about paying for others.
You list smoking, you list fat. I assume you do not smoke and are not fat. HUM you do not mention drinking-you must do that and think it is not evil. AND THEN THE OBVIOUS-YOUR HATE TOWARD OTHERS IS KILLING YOU.
Spot on! And the poster did not take into account genetics, only lifestyle issues. You can change lifestyles; you cannot change genetics. You are born who you are and cannot change that. You can accomplish not passing along your genetics by not procreating, but you are still stuck with who you are.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
"If you have a pre-existing condition, Obamacare currently protects you from being turned down for insurance on the basis of that condition. Republicans want to take that away because insuring sick people just eats too much profit, and healthcare is a privilege, not a right anyway."

You CANNOT cover people with $ multi-thousand a month in healthcare costs for LESS than what they cost. You SHOULDN'T force a company to insure ANYONE at a loss.

Let me explain it in a way you may understand and relate to...

You're at Publix shopping...you fill up your cart and get in line to pay. By coincidence...there's a lady in front of you with the SAME stuff in her cart! She gets rung up...She pays $53. It's your turn...your bill comes to $106. You're livid! WHY is your bill so much higher? The cashier informs you that the first lady was "poor" and that is all she could afford for food...you're rich and you must subsidize her by paying your share and hers.

THAT is what insurance for preexisting conditions does too...they "use" $5,000 a month in services, only pay $1,000 in insurance premiums, and WE get to cover the rest with higher premiums. ALL those raises to insurance premiums you've been hearing about...that is to cover the poor who cost more than they pay.
Insurance companies should only insurance healthy people. As soon as you need their services. they don't want you. What about all the money that you or the company you worked for paid in premiums before you got sick? That doesn't account for anything. Insurance companies only want to collect premiums, and never want to pay out anything in services. What a surprise!

What were the poor doing before ACA? The emergency room was their primary care physician. Who do you think paid for that? Higher fees at the hospital equaled higher cost to insurance companies, which was past along to the healthy.

What the hell is the difference now? The poor do have healh insurance, and are paying for it less credits depending on their income.

As for your Publix example, the person on front of you handed the cashier $53. in food stamps. Who is paying for the food stamps?

When the minimum wage isn't a living wage, who is benefitting from that? The government has provided the means to keep these people alive. In essence, companies are receive a back door handout from the country by not paying their people a living wage.

That clown that he have for president stated, "Obamacare was a gift to the health insurance companies as pay back for the donations that the Democrats received from the health insurance companies." The man is operating without a clue. Obamacare was modeled after a plan put forward by the Heritage Foundation, a right wing organization. The Democrats want a single payer plan that would eliminate health insurance companies.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Insurance companies should only insurance healthy people. As soon as you need their services. they don't want you. What about all the money that you or the company you worked for paid in premiums before you got sick? That doesn't account for anything. Insurance companies only want to collect premiums, and never want to pay out anything in services. What a surprise!

What were the poor doing before ACA? The emergency room was their primary care physician. Who do you think paid for that? Higher fees at the hospital equaled higher cost to insurance companies, which was past along to the healthy.

What the hell is the difference now? The poor do have healh insurance, and are paying for it less credits depending on their income.

As for your Publix example, the person on front of you handed the cashier $53. in food stamps. Who is paying for the food stamps?

When the minimum wage isn't a living wage, who is benefitting from that? The government has provided the means to keep these people alive. In essence, companies are receive a back door handout from the country by not paying their people a living wage.

That clown that he have for president stated, "Obamacare was a gift to the health insurance companies as pay back for the donations that the Democrats received from the health insurance companies." The man is operating without a clue. Obamacare was modeled after a plan put forward by the Heritage Foundation, a right wing organization. The Democrats want a single payer plan that would eliminate health insurance companies.
And in case you failed to watch the news earlier today, there was a segment on people using the ER for everything besides emergency care....ear cleanings and hangnails, for instance. Supposed to be more to come on the evening news. My point is: Since so many were supposedly afforded healthcare insurance that didn't have it before Obamacare, it seems nothing has really changed except for those who responsibly purchased health insurance in the past can no longer afford theirs.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
And in case you failed to watch the news earlier today, there was a segment on people using the ER for everything besides emergency care....ear cleanings and hangnails, for instance. Supposed to be more to come on the evening news. My point is: Since so many were supposedly afforded healthcare insurance that didn't have it before Obamacare, it seems nothing has really changed except for those who responsibly purchased health insurance in the past can no longer afford theirs.
Did the piece mention what states these people came from? Almost all of Republican controlled states didn't take the Medicaid expansion. So, the people that they are highlighting may not have insurance.

I am not sure what station you watch, but my guess is Fox News. It is typical. Show the few that are taking advantage of the system, and project that this behavior is common place. While it may not be fake news, it certainly is misleading news. That is as bad as fake news.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
I neither agreed with you nor did I not offer anything. I will try again.

IF someone goes on your 100 calorie a day diet, you are right they WILL lose weight. They also risk losing their LIFE (which in all probability would make you happy). IF they survive such a diet, they WILL have severe damage to their bodies. That, medically, is a FACT. This in turn, WILL require extensive care for what is left of their lives. This somewhat mimics the Texaco slogan, "Pay me now, or pay me later" in terms of YOU having to pick up the tab. You are either going to get stuck because people are fat or you are going to get stuck if they follow your advice and drop that weight by going to your extremes and doing far greater damage than just excess weight.
I was talking about fat people who SAY they can't lose weight...are lying and cheating...that IF they were really dieting, they WOULD lose weight and then I made an example of people in the German work camps on limited diets and NONE were obese.

YOU went off about how a 100 calorie diet is unsafe...it was just an EXTREME example to make a point. I wasn't telling fat people to go on a 100 calorie diet...I just said when they're "dieting" and still gaining weight...they're cheating.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Did the piece mention what states these people came from? Almost all of Republican controlled states didn't take the Medicaid expansion. So, the people that they are highlighting may not have insurance.

I am not sure what station you watch, but my guess is Fox News. It is typical. Show the few that are taking advantage of the system, and project that this behavior is common place. While it may not be fake news, it certainly is misleading news. That is as bad as fake news.
Actually, I believe it was WESH, local NBC channel. I watch all three starting at 4:00 every day that I can and national on one of them starting at 6:30. Didn't mean to burst your bubble regarding Fox. I do watch it, as well, just not when the local news is on or NCIS, etc.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Actually, I believe it was WESH, local NBC channel. I watch all three starting at 4:00 every day that I can and national on one of them starting at 6:30. Didn't mean to burst your bubble regarding Fox. I do watch it, as well, just not when the local news is on or NCIS, etc.
Ditto....
Old 05-03-2017, 07:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillySue
First you are mixing up AVERAGES with specific people-Chinese person hit by a rescue vehicle..
No doubt you are a women...it appears you allow your emotions to change the words you read...Please consider the woman's only forum!
Go back and read my post again, maybe several times for you. I did not mix averages with Chinese person being hit. I was responding with the story about the Chinese gal being hit to a comment about immortality. "when it's your day, its your day".

Quote:
RE: your health insurance cost.
If, you are paying private health isnsurance it is because you CHOSE to quit working before age 65 when you could, would, be covered by medicare. Medicare is, even for you,subsidized by others..
Are you suggesting that a person that CHOSES to retire earlier than 65 should pay extra for healthcare insurance?? Well, I am still working! I am 53, my healthcare insurance premiums went from $750 a month to $1300 a month in the last 3 years, and I am healthy. That still does not make it fair to me, does it?

Quote:
RE: Your view about paying for others.
You list smoking, you list fat. I assume you do not smoke and are not fat. HUM you do not mention drinking-you must do that and think it is not evil. AND THEN THE OBVIOUS-YOUR HATE TOWARD OTHERS IS KILLING YOU.
I am struggling to understand your silly logic on this comment...No I do not smoke, no I am not fat. I did not mention suicide, do you think I am guilty of that?

Again your silly logic, no I don't hate people, I don't think it is fair that I have to pay more for my health insurance so some other lazy POS who eats too much or smokes cigarettes can get healthcare (heart disease is the number 1 killer in the country, and cancer is the number 2 killer). If I did hate people, which I don't, obviously me being healthy discounts your above statement.

The top 10 leading causes of death in the United States - Medical News Today

PS: Suicide is the number 10 killer in the country...
Old 05-03-2017, 07:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Spot on! And the poster did not take into account genetics, only lifestyle issues. You can change lifestyles; you cannot change genetics. You are born who you are and cannot change that. You can accomplish not passing along your genetics by not procreating, but you are still stuck with who you are.
Well I hate to break up your high fiving session, but I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

So...Your family has a history of heart disease and you eat yourself to 350 pounds, you have to ride in the electric cart at the grocery store...and you believe it is genetics to blame? You don't think you should have been watching what you ate, knowing that your family is prone to heart disease??

Or...Your family has a history of cancer and you decide to take up smoking, you have an oxygen bottle on your rascal...and you believe it is genetics to blame? You thought the warning on the side of cigarettes was just a scare tactic and people with a history of cancer are going to get it no matter what??

I believe genetics and the knowledge of your family health history; reduce the EXCUSE to be fat or to smoke. Do you agree?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:24 AM
n/a

Quote:

NAILED IT!!

What you stated is, in a nutshell...how so many on the right justify their hate, racism & bigotry.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racist(unt
NAILED IT!!

What you stated is, in a nutshell...how so many on the right justify their hate, racism & bigotry.
Like when you were being hateful, racist, and a bigot by inferring that people that do not speak good English were undocumented?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well I hate to break up your high fiving session, but I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

So...Your family has a history of heart disease and you eat yourself to 350 pounds, you have to ride in the electric cart at the grocery store...and you believe it is genetics to blame? You don't think you should have been watching what you ate, knowing that your family is prone to heart disease??

Or...Your family has a history of cancer and you decide to take up smoking, you have an oxygen bottle on your rascal...and you believe it is genetics to blame? You thought the warning on the side of cigarettes was just a scare tactic and people with a history of cancer are going to get it no matter what??

I believe genetics and the knowledge of your family health history; reduce the EXCUSE to be fat or to smoke. Do you agree?
I do agree with your assessment of both lifestyle and genetics combined. I'm not stupid nor illiterate.

That being said, people who do all the right things (eating healthy, not smoking, not drinking, not doing drugs, etc.) still cannot escape their genetics and do have heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc., in spite of all their efforts to avoid them.

As to your "fat" argument, many drugs to treat cancer and rheumatoid arthritis just to name a couple, do lead to what appears to people like you as fat and worthy of judgment, but is actually fluid retention. There is a major difference. One can be helped, as you have repeatedly stated; the other cannot without stopping life-saving treatment. What would be your choice? Would you rather look good so others won't think you overeat, or live?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
No doubt you are a women...it appears you allow your emotions to change the words you read...Please consider the woman's only forum!
Go back and read my post again, maybe several times for you. I did not mix averages with Chinese person being hit. I was responding with the story about the Chinese gal being hit to a comment about immortality. "when it's your day, its your day".

Are you suggesting that a person that CHOSES to retire earlier than 65 should pay extra for healthcare insurance?? Well, I am still working! I am 53, my healthcare insurance premiums went from $750 a month to $1300 a month in the last 3 years, and I am healthy. That still does not make it fair to me, does it?

I am struggling to understand your silly logic on this comment...No I do not smoke, no I am not fat. I did not mention suicide, do you think I am guilty of that?

Again your silly logic, no I don't hate people, I don't think it is fair that I have to pay more for my health insurance so some other lazy POS who eats too much or smokes cigarettes can get healthcare (heart disease is the number 1 killer in the country, and cancer is the number 2 killer). If I did hate people, which I don't, obviously me being healthy discounts your above statement.

The top 10 leading causes of death in the United States - Medical News Today

PS: Suicide is the number 10 killer in the country...
The "medical industry" is the #3 killer...

Quote:
I do agree with your assessment of both lifestyle and genetics combined. I'm not stupid nor illiterate.

That being said, people who do all the right things (eating healthy, not smoking, not drinking, not doing drugs, etc.) still cannot escape their genetics and do have heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc., in spite of all their efforts to avoid them.

As to your "fat" argument, many drugs to treat cancer and rheumatoid arthritis just to name a couple, do lead to what appears to people like you as fat and worthy of judgment, but is actually fluid retention. There is a major difference. One can be helped, as you have repeatedly stated; the other cannot without stopping life-saving treatment. What would be your choice? Would you rather look good so others won't think you overeat, or live?
Bullsh!t...nobody "retains" 400lbs of water. It's FAT...nasty, wrinkly FAT. From eating too much! Too much sh!t.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
The "medical industry" is the #3 killer...

Bullsh!t...nobody "retains" 400lbs of water. It's FAT...nasty, wrinkly FAT. From eating too much! Too much sh!t.
Did I say ANYTHING about someone retaining 400#s of water? You have implied that ANYONE who is even so much as slightly overweight (by your standards) eats too much. I GET IT! YOU hate fat people. Because they are so abominable to you, you go on and on and on. You must be a totally miserable human being for it to be such a bother for you.

Just so you know, I am not fat....not even overweight, so don't even go there. I did gain weight when I got pregnant, but I don't think that counts, does it?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Did I say ANYTHING about someone retaining 400#s of water? You have implied that ANYONE who is even so much as slightly overweight (by your standards) eats too much. I GET IT! YOU hate fat people. Because they are so abominable to you, you go on and on and on. You must be a totally miserable human being for it to be such a bother for you.

Just so you know, I am not fat....not even overweight, so don't even go there. I did gain weight when I got pregnant, but I don't think that counts, does it?
Why don't you quit being an emotional girl and stick to the facts?

So WHY are YOU arguing FOR fat people dilly? Can't fat people defend themselves?

Someone who weighs 400 lbs eats too much...period. They should be denied subsidized healthcare. When they lose weight and go below morbidly obese...they can be covered again. It's simple.

Smokers...quit smoking or no coverage.

Diabetics, control your sugar or no healthcare.

You can't IGNORE them and expect to keep getting care.

Same with old people...after certain age we MUST limit the subsidized care offered. Same with extreme preemies, we shouldn't be trying to save everyone. I know...they learn from them...but it's too costly.

The cold, hard, accountants, will have to prevail on this one.

Tags
insurance, health, obamacare, pre-existing, congress

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.