Subsidies?

Old 06-25-2015, 08:45 PM
n/a

Default Subsidies?

I thought the new affordable health care was intended for the poor? We know a couple in the villages , very wealthy, who spend all the time travel often, work off the books and brag about the wonderful subsidies they get? Is this possible or could they be making this up?
Old 06-25-2015, 09:02 PM
n/a

The subsidies are based on AGI (adjusted gross income), not net worth. Yes, you can get a fat subsidy if you aren't showing taxable income (or much of it). For example, if you are spending down cash or getting money under the table. Isn't this a great country where you can get free stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I thought the new affordable health care was intended for the poor? We know a couple in the villages , very wealthy, who spend all the time travel often, work off the books and brag about the wonderful subsidies they get? Is this possible or could they be making this up?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
The subsidies are based on AGI (adjusted gross income), not net worth. Yes, you can get a fat subsidy if you aren't showing taxable income (or much of it). For example, if you are spending down cash or getting money under the table. Isn't this a great country where you can get free stuff?
They must be spending down cash as they just took a 60 day cruise in addition to 7 other cruises last yr alone. But my question was I thought obamacare was for the poor?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
They must be spending down cash as they just took a 60 day cruise in addition to 7 other cruises last yr alone. But my question was I thought obamacare was for the poor?

The Affordable Health Care insurance is available to anyone not just the poor based on adjusted gross annual income. I know someone who takes a lump sum from their 401K every other year. On the off year they don't have any income so they get healthcare at a reduced rate.

Tags
villages, subsidies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.