Thank You Lester

Old 04-27-2017, 06:03 PM
n/a

Default Thank You Lester

I heard on news tonight United Airlines settled with the passenger forcefully removed from plane and his attorney. I love a happy ending. I hope they share their winnings with NBC's Lester Holt as that was his lead story for a week. There was a state trooper executed today by a criminal, lets see how many days Lester runs with that story. Thank you forum for letting me vent.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I heard on news tonight United Airlines settled with the passenger forcefully removed from plane and his attorney. I love a happy ending. I hope they share their winnings with NBC's Lester Holt as that was his lead story for a week. There was a state trooper executed today by a criminal, lets see how many days Lester runs with that story. Thank you forum for letting me vent.
If the trooper was a minority and the criminal was Caucasian American, Lester will make it the lead story for more than a week...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2017, 07:55 PM
n/a

First, the newscaster is not the one who decides what will be on the news that night.

Secondly, the production staff will take news that the viewing public wants to see for more than one night. The videos of airline passengers getting badly treated gets a larger share of viewers than more than one story of a state trooper murder. The airline passenger stories affect more Americans so that is what is shown - rightly or wrongly.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
First, the newscaster is not the one who decides what will be on the news that night.

Secondly, the production staff will take news that the viewing public wants to see for more than one night. The videos of airline passengers getting badly treated gets a larger share of viewers than more than one story of a state trooper murder. The airline passenger stories affect more Americans so that is what is shown - rightly or wrongly.
People...usually minorities...brazen enough to execute police officers...is more of a public menace than getting kicked off a plane via lottery.

The "news" is political.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
People...usually minorities...brazen enough to execute police officers...is more of a public menace than getting kicked off a plane via lottery.

The "news" is political.
you are quite a racist--why do you say usually minorities execute police officers? The man who was just convicted of murdering a Penn. State Police officer is caucasion!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
you are quite a racist--why do you say usually minorities execute police officers? The man who was just convicted of murdering a Penn. State Police officer is caucasion!!!!!!
I'm NOT being racist...I'm telling you FACTS that you refuse to accept because it disproves what you BELIEVE.

"From 1980 to 2013, there were 2,269 officers killed in felonious incidents, and 2,896 offenders. The racial breakdown of offenders over the 33-year period was on par with the 10-year period: 52 percent were white, and 41 percent were black."

Are black or white offenders more likely to kill police? - The Washington Post

You can see that blacks...13% of the population are 41% of the cop killers...WELL above their population percentage. They are 3X more dangerous than their demographic.

Now...if you look at that 52 % are white number...you'll find that there is something wrong. 52 + 41 is 93% That leaves 7%...HARDLY the percentage for Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans and everyone else COMBINED. The problem is Hispanics are counted as white. The REAL number of whites killing cops is below 20% which is WELL below the white demographic of 50% of the population. Whites are the LEAST dangerous and violent of all the races. ONLY whites CAN create places like the villages. ONLY whites are SO GENEROUS they are willingly committing genocide.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:34 AM
n/a

Quote:

Media saturation drives public opinion as was evident with the elections of Obama and Trump. United Aitlines lives or dies by public opinion so had absolutely no choice but to quickly pay a hugh settlement as NBC had their finger heavily on the scale. As far as what the public wants to see that is called entertainment, no longer news. IMO
Old 04-28-2017, 06:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Media saturation drives public opinion as was evident with the elections of Obama and Trump. United Aitlines lives or dies by public opinion so had absolutely no choice but to quickly pay a hugh settlement as NBC had their finger heavily on the scale. As far as what the public wants to see that is called entertainment, no longer news. IMO
It's NEVER been "news"...it's always been propaganda.

WHY do you think EVERY major government organization has a media/public affairs division? To CONTROL what gets released. We see what they want us to see. Carefully massaged and manicured.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:04 AM
n/a

All of us have been watching the evening news for most our lives. We all know that it is slanted to the right or left by whatever station we are watching. No secret there.

United was in trouble as soon as the man was forcibly talen from his seat and was dragged from the plane. Everyone nowadays is aware of cellphone cameras and someone will record it. It made for "news" that the public wanted to see and hopefully will be responsible for changes for the better in airline travel.

Tags
lester, story, state, trooper, lead

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.