Trump in 2014: If I run, I'll provide taxes

Old 04-20-2017, 10:06 AM
n/a

Obviously, Trump does not always tell the truth. He is, however, not much different than many others who obtained "power" by the same methods.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:42 AM
n/a

Default Fyi

1. The law does not require the president to publish his tax forms.
2. Do you really believe that YOU are better qualified to review TRUMP'S tax return then the top people at the IRS?
If, you are not aware, the Constitution of the US is 4 pages. The tax code is 86,000 pages of which so much of it is political favors. NO JOKE-there is a section they call the Starbucks code. In allows Starbucks to be taxed as a manufacturer-the,"reason?"-they roast coffee.
3. IF, NOTHING ELSE-DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN YOU SHOULD SEE THE TAX CODE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED-SIMPLIFIED. By the way Trumps fewer and lower tax brackets will also reduce the value of tax deductions.
4. People always believe their deductions are fair and valid while other peoples deductions are illegal and immoral.
For those of you with pensions, that was untaxed income.
For those of you with some match on your 401K that too was untaxed income. Why is interest a mortgage a deduction but rent is not?
The proposed FLAT TAX, which will never pass because it greatly reduces the power of government, would tax everyone. The rich spend more so they would pay more in taxes. A flat tax would encourage SAVINGS-feared by not only the government but the economy which is built on buy now and pay later.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 AM
n/a

Really? People are still going on about this? I saw that there was some sort of demonstration in Harvard Square last week in an effort to get President Trump to release his tax returns. Is this really all people have to do?

Liberals and democrats have got to realize that they lost. They lost the presidency, the house, the senate and 33 of 50 governorships.

Most of the country is more concerned about real issues as opposed to what's in the president's tax returns.

Some of his tax returns have been released and they show that he has paid a higher rate of tax than most people including Elizabeth Warren who some people continue to follow like blind lemmings.

Please realize, it's over. You lost and we need to get on with the business of running this country.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Really? People are still going on about this? I saw that there was some sort of demonstration in Harvard Square last week in an effort to get President Trump to release his tax returns. Is this really all people have to do?

Liberals and democrats have got to realize that they lost. They lost the presidency, the house, the senate and 33 of 50 governorships.

Most of the country is more concerned about real issues as opposed to what's in the president's tax returns.

Some of his tax returns have been released and they show that he has paid a higher rate of tax than most people including Elizabeth Warren who some people continue to follow like blind lemmings.

Please realize, it's over. You lost and we need to get on with the business of running this country.
You miss the point entirely. Trump said he would disclose his tax returns as other Presidents of the modern era have and now he is flat out saying no. His word apparently means nothing. That is the point nothing more or nothing else.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:36 AM
n/a

Jim. Care to share your taxes? Taxes are sort of a I want to love my country but I want to keep any legit stuff I earned phenomena.

I think the IRS would have had him hung and dried by now if he was being a bad boy.

Speaking of the IRS...do you remember when during the OBAMA administration that units of the Tea Party Organization were targeted???? Hunted down, and unfairly audited, some say. Just wondered if you recall that, Jim.

Obama USED the IRS, the Justice Department, the CIA, Homeland Security in ways that they hadn't been used before. IN MY OPINION. Can't say that Trump is any better, but I so dislike that stuff.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:47 AM
n/a

Let's put it this way. If I told you that I would disclose my tax returns if I was elected to "whatever", I would keep my word and do it. It's called integrity. We Republicans as much as the Democracts should hold him to it. It's really as simple as that.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:03 PM
n/a

As I read these posts, I am struck by the misinformation being shared.

Nobody gives a hoot how much money he made at all/

He has caused a movement to make it mandatory to release these taxes and by next presidential election it will be mandatory.

Past candidates and Presidents had enough respect for the country to release them.

TWO REASONS...IMPORTANT THEY ARE FOR THE TAX RELEASE.

1. FOREIGN INVOLVEMENT for the man who controls our foreign policy; probably more important with this President than ever before. The tax returns will reveal cleanly and easily any foreign business dealing and foreign debt. Important to know IF and WHO the President owes or is indebted to or has interests. Example....he, himself has admitted he has a conflict of interest regarding Turkey because of his twin towers in Instanbul.

2. TAX RATE for the man who will propose tax law to our congress. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HE PAYS, simply the american people have a right to know how anything he proposes affects HIS taxes as well as ours.

This has been standard practice for the two reasons given for years. If he stands fast on not releasing, it WILL FOR SURE affect whatever tax reform he wants to get through congress.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:20 PM
n/a

We are so lucky that we have an expert with 50 years in the political arena to set us straight.

Go ahead Rockface tell them how much you know, so much that you voted for someone that wasn't even running for president!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 12:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
We are so lucky that we have an expert with 50 years in the political arena to set us straight.

Go ahead Rockface tell them how much you know, so much that you voted for someone that wasn't even running for president!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
DIRTBANKER, who understand is a Good friend of Graciegirl based on another post......thus I understand your grasping...

AS I SAID BEFORE I VOTED FOR MCCOLLOUGH AS A WRITE IN. WE HAVE THOSE IN THIS COUNTRY YOU KNOW.

NEXT, YOU CAN ATTACK ME ALL YOU WANT BUT AS YOU ALWAYS DO..YOU IGNIRE THE SUBJECT MATTER TOTALLY.

You and your ilk will get nothing from me on here except scorn and smart ass remarks in return.

Hoping someday, you are allowed from the basement, showed a newspaper, taught reading comprehension and then perhaps, other than those who share your infantile comments, adults will converse
Old 04-20-2017, 03:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
DIRTBANKER, who understand is a Good friend of Graciegirl based on another post......thus I understand your grasping...

AS I SAID BEFORE I VOTED FOR MCCOLLOUGH AS A WRITE IN. WE HAVE THOSE IN THIS COUNTRY YOU KNOW.

NEXT, YOU CAN ATTACK ME ALL YOU WANT BUT AS YOU ALWAYS DO..YOU IGNIRE THE SUBJECT MATTER TOTALLY.

You and your ilk will get nothing from me on here except scorn and smart ass remarks in return.

Hoping someday, you are allowed from the basement, showed a newspaper, taught reading comprehension and then perhaps, other than those who share your infantile comments, adults will converse
An expert with 50 years in the political arena...votes a write in for President. Wow, you showed them! LMFAO!!

You are no political genius...and you are no genius on here either. Graciegirl has made several negative comments about me. BUT, my supposed friendship with her is your FIRST concern...only because you have a hard on for her and Rubi...

I am looking forward to some smart a$$ remarks from you...it will be a improvement from the dumb a$$ remarks you have been making for the last year...
Old 04-20-2017, 03:22 PM
n/a

To clarify. The person called Jim that I had a negative remark for was the OP on this thread J.Boyer. NOT Just Jim.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:27 PM
n/a

Default Wow

Quote:

Sadly, in your,"mind?" anyone who disagrees with you is an infantile fool. Re: reading comprehension. My guess another progressive, liberal retired teacher.

Re: allowed out of the basement.
Clearly you are confused-there are no basements in the villages-THAT IS A SWIMMING POOL.

Oh, voting for Mccollough? Neither the republicans or the democrats CARE.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Let's put it this way. If I told you that I would disclose my tax returns if I was elected to "whatever", I would keep my word and do it. It's called integrity. We Republicans as much as the Democracts should hold him to it. It's really as simple as that.
I applaud your willingness to try and insert a modicum of integrity and ethics...into your fellow party members.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Jim. Care to share your taxes? Taxes are sort of a I want to love my country but I want to keep any legit stuff I earned phenomena.

I think the IRS would have had him hung and dried by now if he was being a bad boy.

Speaking of the IRS...do you remember when during the OBAMA administration that units of the Tea Party Organization were targeted???? Hunted down, and unfairly audited, some say. Just wondered if you recall that, Jim.

Obama USED the IRS, the Justice Department, the CIA, Homeland Security in ways that they hadn't been used before. IN MY OPINION. Can't say that Trump is any better, but I so dislike that stuff.
It has been said in this discussion before, but is worth repeating for you,"Let's put it this way. If I told you that I would disclose my tax returns if I was elected to "whatever", I would keep my word and do it. It's called integrity. We Republicans as much as the Democracts should hold him to it. It's really as simple as that."

It does not matter what you think the Obama administration did or did not do, Trump said he would release his taxes, and not only hasn't he done it, but lied about the reasons that he has not released them. Sounds VERY PRESIDENTIAL to me....

Your argument is moot, the IRS investigates things according to their own guidelines, not at the direction of a President. Please become aware of what your government can, and cannot do. Go back to school and take a civics class, and while you are at it, learn to use factual data and critical thinking in your posts, not just regurgitation of Republican talking points which have been debunked.

Tags
taxes, provide, run, trump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.