United Mine Workers' Health Insurance.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:42 PM
n/a

Default United Mine Workers' Health Insurance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/b...alth-plan.html

Now what will Donald Trump actually do for the coal miners who voted for him?
Old 04-28-2017, 12:51 PM
n/a

Default That's old business

Look for Trump to step up to the plate. However don't place the blame of miners problems on Trump. He doesn't own it. The unions own it. He told miners he would open the markets for coal again meaning "new business". What the cited article speaks to is "old business"
Progressives, always throwing mud against the wall to see how much they can make stick.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-28-2017, 01:02 PM
n/a

"It's time for him to support us": Coal miners look to Trump to fulfill promises - CBS News

It does not look like old business to me.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:19 PM
n/a

Deal may be close to cover retired United Mine Workers' health care | Political Fix | stltoday.com

Congress may have a fix.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Look for Trump to step up to the plate. However don't place the blame of miners problems on Trump. He doesn't own it. The unions own it. He told miners he would open the markets for coal again meaning "new business". What the cited article speaks to is "old business"
Progressives, always throwing mud against the wall to see how much they can make stick.

Personal Best Regards:
Where is Mitch in all of this? He should be trying to take care of his people. But he lied to them!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:48 PM
n/a

I assume you mean taxpayers will foot bill. How to do that with "massive tax cut"?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
I assume you mean taxpayers will foot bill. How to do that with "massive tax cut"?
They'll BORROW it...that's what they do...a $ trillion a year...Trump will probably double that once he gets rolling...he loves debt, he uses debt.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:23 AM
n/a

Thanks to ObieCare, it's too late for some union members. I was told by one family member that he had totally union paid for health care that was exempt from ObieCare. Last year, the union sent him a letter explaining that due to the high price of health insurance, thanks to ObieCare, the union would no longer be providing insurance for retirees. He now pays a little over $800 per month for medicare supplements for himself and his spouse. Trump can't fix that. It's done. The damage of Obamacare to America is done and I doubt it will get better. It may just be putting a cork in the hole but it doesn't put the water back in the dam.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
You may want to re-read the article Trump was talking about bringing back jobs. His primary role was to roll back Obama legislation that restrict the use of coal here and abroad.

the miners are talking about insurance. Insurance is something unions bargained long ago (old business) . One poster put it in prospective by making reference to unions buy-in to Obamacare.

some people are not giving Trump the time and opportunity he needs to fulfill his promises. Unlike Obama Trump respect the process and s trying to avoid using his pen and phone and gather consensus

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-29-2017, 05:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
You may want to re-read the article Trump was talking about bringing back jobs. His primary role was to roll back Obama legislation that restrict the use of coal here and abroad.

the miners are talking about insurance. Insurance is something unions bargained long ago (old business) . One poster put it in prospective by making reference to unions buy-in to Obamacare.

some people are not giving Trump the time and opportunity he needs to fulfill his promises. Unlike Obama Trump respect the process and s trying to avoid using his pen and phone and gather consensus

Personal Best Regards:
RIGHT...

"AVOID USING THE PEN"

"But either way it’s true that, by Saturday, Trump will have issued more EOs in his first 100 days in office than any president since Harry Truman issued more than 50, after taking the reins in 1945 after FDR’s death. (In Truman’s first 100 days after election in his own right, he issued 25.) The next highest count is Lyndon Johnson’s 26 orders from early 1965. By comparison, Barack Obama issued 19; George W. Bush, 11; Clinton, 13; George H.W. Bush, 11; and Reagan, 18."

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/
Old 04-29-2017, 06:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
RIGHT...

"AVOID USING THE PEN"

"But either way it’s true that, by Saturday, Trump will have issued more EOs in his first 100 days in office than any president since Harry Truman issued more than 50, after taking the reins in 1945 after FDR’s death. (In Truman’s first 100 days after election in his own right, he issued 25.) The next highest count is Lyndon Johnson’s 26 orders from early 1965. By comparison, Barack Obama issued 19; George W. Bush, 11; Clinton, 13; George H.W. Bush, 11; and Reagan, 18."

He's got more sh!t to fix than they had?
Old 04-29-2017, 06:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
He's got more sh!t to fix than they had?
Most are simply uthorizing studies
Old 04-29-2017, 07:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
RIGHT...

"AVOID USING THE PEN"

Tump has a long way to go to equal the total amount of E.O.s that Obama issued in his two terms. 275 E.O.s according to Snopes. Pew says he issued 277 E.O.s. And then we can start counting his "memorandums and proclamations" which are basically the same as E.O.s. Trump is just trying to repair all of Obama's damage.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Thanks to ObieCare, it's too late for some union members. I was told by one family member that he had totally union paid for health care that was exempt from ObieCare. Last year, the union sent him a letter explaining that due to the high price of health insurance, thanks to ObieCare, the union would no longer be providing insurance for retirees. He now pays a little over $800 per month for medicare supplements for himself and his spouse. Trump can't fix that. It's done. The damage of Obamacare to America is done and I doubt it will get better. It may just be putting a cork in the hole but it doesn't put the water back in the dam.
It's not Obamacare but the total cost of medical care and the number of people who have taxpayers paying for theirs. Don't blame Obama, that is getting old.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post

This is not the fault of the ACA but of the union.

Tags
coal, miners, voted, trump, donald

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.