» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Anyone home?
Old 12-21-2016, 03:36 PM

Default Anyone home?

I see hardly any activity on this section of TOV. Does that mean the app is so perfect no one has any problems or does it mean it is no longer supported? It rare when one sees no complaints since this IS the Internet.

When was this app last updated and how current are the maps? (iPhone version)

Thanks

Old 12-21-2016, 04:30 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Hi there EdFNJ.
Thank you for contacting us.

Yes, we are home lol.

To answer your question, our last update was September 10th.
We have been working on a new update that should be ready in a couple weeks that will fix a couple issues we have had.
As with any app, there are bugs and fixes constantly and we always try to improve the app every time we make updates.
So stay tuned for the newest update in a couple weeks and have a very Merry Christmas :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I see hardly any activity on this section of TOV. Does that mean the app is so perfect no one has any problems or does it mean it is no longer supported? It rare when one sees no complaints since this IS the Internet.

Thanks

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2016, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I just wanted to lull you out of your nap! Does the app use it's own maps and are they saved to device or are you using Google maps or similar that always needs to be connected (which really isn't an issue) - it's just that a downloadable map is MUCH more responsive which is why I use Navigon for general GPS use.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

I like a good nap lol.

We use our own map information for the Golf Cart routes. We mapped every single path that took over a year to do. For the actual map overlay, we use Google's map and Satellite view.

You have to have a data plan to use the app.

"For those reading this that aren't sure what that means... The app will not work using just WIFI while driving" You can use WIFI to check routes in your house or place that has wifi but must have a data plan to use while driving"

Hope that makes sense...

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I just wanted to lull you out of your nap! Does the app use it's own maps and are they saved to device or are you using Google maps or similar that always needs to be connected (which really isn't an issue) - it's just that a downloadable map is MUCH more responsive which is why I use Navigon for general GPS use.

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

Can I just say that I LOVE this app more than life itself? As my husband would attest, I can get turned around in a closet and I just don't have a good sense of direction. This is BAD when traveling the cart paths in TV. I'm particularly bad at finding my way out of the squares and headed in the right direction back to my house. This app has "saved my bacon" on so many occasions! Thank you SO much for creating it. I can't believe people complain about having to buy it. It's WAY more useful than The Villages paper maps!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 12-22-2016, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Thanks
Google maps far exceeds the villages GPS app. Just tell Google maps you are riding your bike and it will show you every MMP for free!! Plus it will give you real time arrival and directions!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 08:05 PM
Platinum member

And of course for many here, free is the definer of all things Villages. The app does so much more and has more helpful information than Google Maps. I use the Nav System in the car (uses Google Maps) for everything car. For everything Villages I use their app.....trust me, the cost will not put you into bankruptcy.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And of course for many here, free is the definer of all things Villages. The app does so much more and has more helpful information than Google Maps. I use the Nav System in the car (uses Google Maps) for everything car. For everything Villages I use their app.....trust me, the cost will not put you into bankruptcy.
I know. I have the villages GPS app downloaded. I think I paid 3.99 when it first came out. I just find Google maps more user friendly. I am sure the villages GPS works for a lot of folks, just not my style. Peace out!

Old 12-23-2016, 08:43 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you so much! We love to hear that :-)

Have a wonderful Christmas..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
Can I just say that I LOVE this app more than life itself? As my husband would attest, I can get turned around in a closet and I just don't have a good sense of direction. This is BAD when traveling the cart paths in TV. I'm particularly bad at finding my way out of the squares and headed in the right direction back to my house. This app has "saved my bacon" on so many occasions! Thank you SO much for creating it. I can't believe people complain about having to buy it. It's WAY more useful than The Villages paper maps!

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:50 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Google will and has sent Golf Cart drivers on roads that they are not allowed on. Be VERY Careful..

Just so you know, We are just a few Villagers like yourself that were tired of being lost all the time and decided to make this app back in 2013.

We will always improve the app and will add new features for years to come.

Have a very Merry Christmas :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Google maps far exceeds the villages GPS app. Just tell Google maps you are riding your bike and it will show you every MMP for free!! Plus it will give you real time arrival and directions!

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Tags
app, sees, internet, complaints, maps