» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

App will route carts over no carts allowed roads
Old 01-07-2015, 12:33 PM

Default App will route carts over no carts allowed roads

I am an absolute newbie here in the villages. I was hoping desperately to find a map or an app that would keep me out of trouble with my rented golfcart. The app will find the golfcart paths fine but it will route you over roads that carts aren't allowed on. As someone who is unfamiliar with the roads, their names and types, I find I have to use the app with a grain of salt.

Gps
Old 01-07-2015, 03:13 PM

Default Gps

Works great for me to finding the mileage of golf courses, they are right on. The last update took out a few flaws it had but you can't go wring for 5 bucks.
Sponsored Links
Microsoft phone version please
Old 01-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Gold member

Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default Microsoft phone version please

Those of us who are Microsoft only product users are awaiting the Microsoft version.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:53 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

TO respond to everyone:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYONES SUPPORT AND KIND WORDS….. To answer the 3 posts...

1. This is a no brainer for anyone coming to The Villages to help you get around (and anyone that lives here). EVEN HAS A SPEEDOMETER NOW so you don't get a ticket…

2. Agree with "mrdills", it's only 5 bucks… with the amount of money we have spent to bring this to market...it's a steal to have this at $5.00 and we appreciate the purchases as we need it!! Tell your friends and everyone you know… Built by Villagers…FOR VILLAGERS!!!! Please support us!!

3. The app is available for all Apple and Google products.. as of today.. others (including Microsoft) are not possible but if it can be done in future we will be sure to do it...

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Last edited by Ad poster; 01-09-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:53 AM

The app is a great idea! I like the pre-entered directory of locations and easy routing to them. However, the app is inconsistent in the mileage. There is a difference between that shown after location selection and mileage shown after starting the route. Plus, there is no voice direction in route. The speed indication does not matter since the phone usually goes to "sleep" mode. Otherwise one has to configure the phone to never sleep. BTW, the iPhone6 is not supported by TV app.

My Garmin Nuvi 2555 is a much better GPS. No golf trails, but it has good directions and clear voice commands---it does not know about golf cart tunnels, etc. Yet, it does not go to sleep and the mileage is consistent. The screen is more viewable as is the time and speed.

Nice try TV, but back to the drawing board

Last edited by Ad poster; 01-09-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:59 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier65 View Post
The app is a great idea! I like the pre-entered directory of locations and easy routing to them. However, the app is inconsistent in the mileage. There is a difference between that shown after location selection and mileage shown after starting the route. Plus, there is no voice direction in route. The speed indication does not matter since the phone usually goes to "sleep" mode. Otherwise one has to configure the phone to never sleep. BTW, the iPhone6 is not supported by TV app.

My Garmin Nuvi 2555 is a much better GPS. No golf trails, but it has good directions and clear voice commands---it does not know about golf cart tunnels, etc. Yet, it does not go to sleep and the mileage is consistent. The screen is more viewable as is the time and speed.

Nice try TV, but back to the drawing board
Thanks for your feedback.. I believe you emailed this info to us and we addressed.. We are in the process of fixing a couple of these things as the iPhone6 is supported but mostly all apps have to change configuration to make it work perfectly as Apple had changes from the iPhone 5… We are in the home stretch of tweaking that… Also, the mileage is correct most of the time but tweaking that as well in certain examples.

With that said any other issues you mentioned has to do with setting and owning an iPhone:
-Voice directions are there in route so you may need to turn volume up
-If your iPhone goes to sleep you need to go to your settings, general, "auto lock" and change your settings (we are tweaking to override your sleep)
-A Garmin only does car.. The point of this app is the golf cart trails but what's nice is we also have the car so you can use it for all your needs.. Not to mention all the features you mentioned like the directory, speedometer, ease of use, search functions, our customer service (most apps have none), etc..

We appreciate your support and we are always doing new updates to improve… Remember, when you purchase this for $5 on your device.. You never pay again so it's way worth it and you lock in todays price!!

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:51 AM

I must be missing something but even though the I found the routes to be correct, I constantly had to re-center my android phone to see where I was. As a result, I had to keep the phone in my hand and drive one handed. Not a good idea.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:33 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAH45 View Post
I must be missing something but even though the I found the routes to be correct, I constantly had to re-center my android phone to see where I was. As a result, I had to keep the phone in my hand and drive one handed. Not a good idea.
while your driving in the map view.. there is a little blue arrow in bottom left hand of the screen… it has a couple options.. but when you touch it, it will follow you and move the map along with it very easily for easy viewing and directions…

I also know many Villagers that have said they bought attachments for there golf carts to hold there phones while they drive so it's easy.. hope this helps!! Thanks for the support!

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Question on search
Old 02-04-2015, 05:07 PM

Default Question on search

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.TheVillagesGPS.com View Post
I think if I am reading this correctly… your simply wanting to put in your own address or any address for that matter..

When on home screen just click on the top right hand button called "Search".

Then you enter the address in the search box… THere is also a whole list of easy searches such as car wash, car repair, church, doctors, bar, etc etc…

Let us know how it goes… and of course if ANYONE needs specific help email us as our customer service is here to help you!!

FYI EVERYONE - we have listed on our website the updates we just fixed recently fixed over the past month. As we do more in the future we will list them for your convenience.

What I have a problem is searching "Third place" routes. Let's say I'm at a friend's house I want to plot a route (by cart) from my house to another address.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Joe
Village GPS
Old 02-04-2015, 09:17 PM

Angry Village GPS

I tried to get from Pinellas (South of 466A) to the Truman golf course. The gps takes you on a non existent trail and then onto 466A to Canal Street.
Not a good start.
Closed Thread