Originally Posted by JoMar
Still makes little sense that there are a lot of us with the app on an iphone with the most current OS upgrade and have zero issues. I would also hope that if the developers are having an issue where the app could send you into harms way they would not remain silent on the issue. Has to be something else going on.
They remained silent, obviously not intentionally, because they obviously were not informed that the cart path exiting Lake Sumter Landing heading southbound down Morse was closed 3 years ago (according to TV). The path was moved back through the Winn Dixie parking lot. So if a newbie, as I was at that time, living in Amelia for only 2 days, followed the voice and written directions they would, as I did, end up at the old path unable to turn into it because it was blocked, with the only 2 options being take the cart around the circle or making a u-turn the wrong way in traffic across the circle exit. I did notify them of the error a couple months ago. That plus a few other errors in directions (sending you to Nancy Lopez instead of LSL from Amelia) made the app very untrustworthy. All these errors required requesting direction between specific points. If one didn't need to go between those locations you would never be aware of the issue.
The other problem was while they responded quickly to the issues the response was "we're planning a new release in the next few weeks" thus leaving others still unknowingly susceptible to these incorrect directions and other errors.
As for all the constant crashing all you need to do is read the reviews in your specific App Store (IOS or Google Play) to see it isn't isolated. It seems to me to be location specific where the app can't handle specific data and simply shuts down upon an error when it attempts to processes it. Happens on my iPhone 7plus and my wife's 6s consistently although we hardly ever use it anymore. When we do it still crashes but we are now able to go without it.
Now I just use Google Maps set for walking when I need directions and while it isn't 100% it's better than nothing.
Obviously they have issues as they said so in their last message and hopefully for the next "newbies" coming in the Villages the upcoming version makes it more trustworthy.
Just messing with the app just now and here is just one example of an app that has never been fully tested. (Just for fun before doing this I removed the app, shut down phone and restarted the reinstalled it).
Load the APP (IOS) - I don't have Android device until Friday when my S8+ comes in.
- Select "SPEEDOMETER /POINT TO POINT"
- Tap on POINT TO POINT on top
- Go to CHOOSE STARTING POINT and select TOWN SQUARES. What do you get? I get a list of all Villages not town squares.
- Go back and choose STARTING POINT again and this time select "NEIGHBORHOOD VILLAGES" What do you get? I get TOWN SQUARES and not Villages
- Go back again and choose STARTING POINT and now choose RESTAURANTS. What do you get? I get all the Villages not restaurants.
- Go back again and choose RECREATION CENTERS. What do you get? I get Country Clubs.
- Go back again and choose AIR GUN RANGE (just randomly chose that for yuks) - My app just shut down and shuts down every time I select AIR GUN RANGE (just as it does in the middle of most navigation).
Also, when you choose "POINT TO POINT" there is no option for CART. The directions all seem like CAR.
That may be a "feature" and not a bug but the app leaves no way to select a "FROM" point other than your current location for a golf cart trip in case you want to "plan ahead."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk