» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

limited memory on phone
Old 04-30-2016, 09:45 AM

Default limited memory on phone

I have a galaxy s5 with 16gb of storage and a sd card with 64 gb of storage. I am almost maxed out on the phone storage. Can I load this application to the SD Card and how much of the phone storage will still be used?

Old 04-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Sage

Joec3,
As another alternative, you may want to look carefully at your phone and see if you can delete some items, we have the same phone with 16 gb SD cards and no problems with memory. I periodically download photos from the phone to the computer, and keep only the ones that I think I need to show people. You can see the amount of memory used by various apps under the settings section of the phone. Also, if you still cannot free up some memory, try checking with your carrier ( at the store) they may be able to help.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec3 View Post
I have a galaxy s5 with 16gb of storage and a sd card with 64 gb of storage. I am almost maxed out on the phone storage. Can I load this application to the SD Card and how much of the phone storage will still be used?
If you have POP or IMAP email on your phone - that can getya. I agree with the other poster about images, but by default they should go to your 64GB. You can also move your "Downloads" to memory.

That said, the app sucks anyways.....
Old 04-30-2016, 01:23 PM

I run a lot of apps on my phone, and I have all my photos and as many applications as I can going to the card as well. I currently have just under 2 gb free on the phone but 50gb free on the card. Since it is up to the developer as to if and how mush of his program can be stored on the card vs the phone I was asking here. so I can make an educated decision to buy or not to buy the application
Old 04-30-2016, 01:42 PM

I have quite a few apps loaded on my phone and have just under 2gb free in memory but I have 50gb of free space on my card. I wanted to know if the entire app gets loaded into phone memory or a portion of it. Since it is the developer who decides I thought I would ask here. If the app is not going to allow me to direct some of it to the SD card then I will pass on purchase and do without. I am guessing that since it has a number of maps and additional data than it may be rather large. Thanks for the input on monitoring my memory but back to the original question. How large is the program? Can I direct at least a portion of that to the SD card and if so how much. Thanks
Yes
Old 04-30-2016, 02:19 PM

Default Yes

Quote:
Yes, you can move apps from your internal 16GB memory to your 64 GB SD card. The linked website below from Samsung tells how, but in a nutshell: Go to
>Settings
> Applications
>Application Manager
>"Downloaded" tab
> Select the app you'd like to move.

If "Move to SD Card" is not grayed out, than that app can be moved. Some apps must remain on the internal storage space so will be grayed out)

Move Applications to a MicroSD ™ Card on the Galaxy S5

I just re-read your post and now realize that your question was directed to the developer of the "Villages GPS" App. Oops!
For what it's worth, I have no idea what percentage of an app goes where, but would assume the whole app (not just a portion) goes to wherever you send it.

Last edited by HiHoSteveO; 04-30-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 05-01-2016, 02:27 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Hi there,
Thank you for contacting us.

I think the other users have answered your question but Yes, you can move apps from your internal 16GB memory to your 64 GB SD card.

Thank you to all the other users that gave you advice :-)

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:39 AM

the question has still not been answered. Yes I can move apps that allow it to the sd card memory on the s5. The question is does the villages GPS app allow an s5 user to do that? and if you as the developer does allow it how much memory does the app use in total how much stays on the phone memory and how much will go to the sd card? since you are the developer you should be able to answer the question. If someone else on TOTV has the application and it is on an S5 they can also answer the question.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:53 AM
Sage

I don't have an s5, but I can't imagine moving just this one app will help much. It only takes up 31MB on my iPhone.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:04 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
the question has still not been answered. Yes I can move apps that allow it to the sd card memory on the s5. The question is does the villages GPS app allow an s5 user to do that? and if you as the developer does allow it how much memory does the app use in total how much stays on the phone memory and how much will go to the sd card? since you are the developer you should be able to answer the question. If someone else on TOTV has the application and it is on an S5 they can also answer the question.
To be totally honest with you, We have no idea about moving apps to SD Cards...There are only two of us and we both own iPhones...

Hopefully someone who owns a S5 here on the forum can help you out. Or maybe go to your local AT&T, Verizon store. They will help you out.

So sorry we can't be much help on this.
Hopefully our great forum members can help...

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
storage, phone, card, load, application, galaxy, memory, 16gb, limited, maxed