Originally Posted by Albany
Don't bother. Nothing east of Morse Boulevard below 466A is on there. Nope. Thousands of houses, Belle Glade Championship Golf Course, all the new executive courses,( there are at least 3), the new Atlas Dog Park, nothing. And they have just copied Mapquest's map. How do I know? Cause Mapquest has spelled our street wrong. And so does this app. So stay with Google maps. If I had any idea how to get my $7.99 back I would do so. Today in the app store I happily downloaded the update. Still nothing east of Morse Blvd. I can not imagine what they have updated.
Thank you for your post...We think ;-)
Sorry but we have to beg the differ on a few of your comments and reply with the correct answers to your comments so that everyone else that reads your post gets our replies so they know what they are buying...
Anyone who has had our app for a long time knows that we have had a lot of updates and try our hardest to get the latest data to update the app as fast as we can. We have never shied away from any issues sent to us and will always fix them as soon as we can.
With that being said, lets get to your comments...
1. You say "Nothing east of Morse Boulevard below 466A is on there"
Yes... visually you are correct...But we do have some of the streets but you just can't see them..This is out of our hands... We use the same street data and Satalite imagery that most of the big companies use... NO we don't use MapQuest by the way...
To prove that we are as up to date as the "Big" map companies, I will give you some links to look at so you can see, we are no worse than Bing, Google, and MapQuest...
"You may have to zoom in to south of 466A to see"
MapQuest: Official MapQuest - Maps, Driving Directions, Live Traffic
Our App: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybzzrb1702jz9sq/South%20of%20466A.png?dl=0
As you can clearly see, we are in the same boat as the big map companies south of 466A.
2. You say "Nope. Thousands of houses, Belle Glade Championship Golf Course, all the new executive courses,( there are at least 3),"
We have had Belle Glade Championship golf course on the app for months... Just go to Golf Courses - Championship and it is the Very first course on the list.
ALSO...We just had another update this week that has all three new executive golf courses Escambia, Okeechobee and Sarasota.
3. In our next update will be adding the new Atlas Dog Park to our Custom Dog Park section
in the Search Icon on the top right.
As a matter of fact...We challenge anyone to do a Search on any other Map App for Brinson-Perry, Mulberry and Paradise Dog Parks... Doubt you will find them.
4. You say "If I had any idea how to get my $7.99 back I would do so."
We only charge $6.99 for for the app with Free updates for Life :-)
You can email our customer support on our email link below if you would like to ask us any questions about the app. Or any issues and we will be glad to help.
In closing, we would like to point this out...
If you buy a paper map in any stores, you will pay $5 to $7 and then you will be driving around holding up a paper trying to navigate around town. Not to mention when they update their map, you have to buy another map each year....
Not with us... It’s paid for one time and all updates are free for Life.
Then it won't tell you where to go by voice and show your exact location. Not to mention all of the information and places we are giving you.
Below is a list of what we are giving you for $6 dollars and 99 cents.
1. We give you every Executive Golf Course
2. We give you every Championship Golf Course
3. We give you Recreation Center
4. We give you every Pool location.
5. We give you all 3 squares (That was easy ;-)
6. We give you a general idea of where every Neighborhood Village is.
7. We give you almost every Restaurant and Shopping around your present location.
8. We give you a Speedometer.
9. We give you Point to Point mapping.
10. We even give you the Weather.
11. Our customer service will answer any questions and will always update the latest changes and make everyone happy to use it for life :-)
12. You can see the countless updates we have done in the App stores and have everything internalized in the app.*
13. No one can offer this and all the bells and whistle we have!! We also recognize we can make improvements in the future and will do so!!
14. The last time you went to a "NICE" restaurant and tipped you waiter or waitress... You probably gave them more than $6.99?
15. Wait for it..... You will have this app for Life! Plus get all of the updates we do and never pay again.
ALL IN ONE HANDY APP :-)
The bottom line is we put a lot of time, effort and money into this app for all of us Villagers to have for life. Yes.... we live in The Villages...
It took us over a year to map every Cart path (Over 100 miles). The Villages keeps growing SO fast we always have to do updates.
We REALLY love to hear feedback, Good or Bad... It really helps us improve the app and we will not rest until we can make this app perfect as we can get it.
By the way.... THE VILLAGES GPS IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR RELATED TO THE VILLAGES, INC. THIS GPS APPLICATION DID NOT, IN ANY WAY, ORIGINATE FROM THE VILLAGES, INC. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THIS IS A COMPLETELY SEPARATE SERVICE-PROVIDER.