» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

UPDATE 2.4.9 - Oct 2, 2015 - BRAND NEW FINISHED UPDATES!!! The Villages GPS
Old 10-05-2015, 08:38 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Default UPDATE 2.4.9 - Oct 2, 2015 - BRAND NEW FINISHED UPDATES!!! The Villages GPS

Well everyone.. after lots of money and time.. The Villages GPS is
pleased to announce the most recent updates to the The Villages GPS App which includes:

UPDATE 2.4.9
-Update in the new and improved full Design
-Changes done in Speedometer/Point to Point screen. You can see distances between 2 points if you wish now or just drive if you know where you are going with just speedometer so you don't go over speed limit.
-Added a new button for tracking current location
-Changes done in our new "take the tour" of our app to help beginners
-Changed Top Status Bar color black to white

Also Fixed:
-Tracking Issues
-Fixed Source to Destination issue
-Search any of the locations and custom locations will work together in routes as well
-Fixed more to YELP to make our searches the best around with reviews of everything in The Villages!! restaurants, etc, etc
-Fixed a couple bugs on crashing

WE REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY.. Please of course email us any questions and we really really appreciate your support.. This app is more than a GPS as it offers everything you need!! Remember only a one time $6.99 to download on your device (iphones, ipads, android phones and pads).

ALL THE UPDATES AND IMPROVEMENTS AFTER YOUR PAID DOWNLOAD ARE FREE!

If you currently have the app on your device... remember Android is a Manual Update… nothing we can do there so be sure to update it:

Android Phones and Tablets
Steps to Update your Android App Manually

1. Open the Google Play Store app.

2. Touch the Menu icon (3 lines)

3. My Apps.

4. Apps with available updates are labeled "Update."

5. Select The Villages GPS and touch Update.

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

iPhone and iPads

Steps to Update your iPhone

1. Go to your App Store App (Blue)
2. Click the Update button on the bottom right.
3. Find The Villages GPS (Blue with a compass)
4. Click Update.

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE!! HOPE YOU LIKE THE NEW LOOK and ALL THE FEATURES!!!

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Last edited by Ad poster; 10-05-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Sage

Smile

That's awesome! Thanks for letting us know. I love your app and use it all the time. Great for new people and for those of us directionally challenged people.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2015, 07:45 AM

I got a new phone how do I transfer it into my new phone and iPhone my email is gratton@aol.com i'm talking about the app thank you
Old 10-26-2015, 09:23 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratton View Post
I got a new phone how do I transfer it into my new phone and iPhone my email is gratton@aol.com i'm talking about the app thank you
Hi there,
Go to this link for detailed instructions... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201269

If you need more info, don't hesitate to send us a email ok?

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:15 AM

When will the app work for Windows Phones?
Old 10-27-2015, 02:11 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hghagerman View Post
When will the app work for Windows Phones?
Thank you for the question... Unfortunately there really is no demand for Windows phones at this time. I think we have had three others ask, but the cost for us to make the app for Windows is a lot more than we could make back to pay for it.

I hope that makes sense...

Maybe one day in the future.

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
New app is a waste of money.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:26 PM

Default New app is a waste of money.

Don't bother. Nothing east of Morse Boulevard below 466A is on there. Nope. Thousands of houses, Belle Glade Championship Golf Course, all the new executive courses,( there are at least 3), the new Atlas Dog Park, nothing. And they have just copied Mapquest's map. How do I know? Cause Mapquest has spelled our street wrong. And so does this app. So stay with Google maps. If I had any idea how to get my $7.99 back I would do so. Today in the app store I happily downloaded the update. Still nothing east of Morse Blvd. I can not imagine what they have updated.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:50 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany View Post
Don't bother. Nothing east of Morse Boulevard below 466A is on there. Nope. Thousands of houses, Belle Glade Championship Golf Course, all the new executive courses,( there are at least 3), the new Atlas Dog Park, nothing. And they have just copied Mapquest's map. How do I know? Cause Mapquest has spelled our street wrong. And so does this app. So stay with Google maps. If I had any idea how to get my $7.99 back I would do so. Today in the app store I happily downloaded the update. Still nothing east of Morse Blvd. I can not imagine what they have updated.
Hi Albany,
Thank you for your post...We think ;-)

Sorry but we have to beg the differ on a few of your comments and reply with the correct answers to your comments so that everyone else that reads your post gets our replies so they know what they are buying...

Anyone who has had our app for a long time knows that we have had a lot of updates and try our hardest to get the latest data to update the app as fast as we can. We have never shied away from any issues sent to us and will always fix them as soon as we can.

With that being said, lets get to your comments...

1. You say "Nothing east of Morse Boulevard below 466A is on there"
Yes... visually you are correct...But we do have some of the streets but you just can't see them..This is out of our hands... We use the same street data and Satalite imagery that most of the big companies use... NO we don't use MapQuest by the way...
To prove that we are as up to date as the "Big" map companies, I will give you some links to look at so you can see, we are no worse than Bing, Google, and MapQuest...

"You may have to zoom in to south of 466A to see"
Bing: https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?signedup=1

Google: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.8573458,-81.9561834,16z

MapQuest: Official MapQuest - Maps, Driving Directions, Live Traffic

Our App: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybzzrb1702jz9sq/South%20of%20466A.png?dl=0

As you can clearly see, we are in the same boat as the big map companies south of 466A.

2. You say "Nope. Thousands of houses, Belle Glade Championship Golf Course, all the new executive courses,( there are at least 3),"
We have had Belle Glade Championship golf course on the app for months... Just go to Golf Courses - Championship and it is the Very first course on the list.

ALSO...We just had another update this week that has all three new executive golf courses Escambia, Okeechobee and Sarasota.

3. In our next update will be adding the new Atlas Dog Park to our Custom Dog Park section in the Search Icon on the top right.

As a matter of fact...We challenge anyone to do a Search on any other Map App for Brinson-Perry, Mulberry and Paradise Dog Parks... Doubt you will find them.

4. You say "If I had any idea how to get my $7.99 back I would do so."
We only charge $6.99 for for the app with Free updates for Life :-)
You can email our customer support on our email link below if you would like to ask us any questions about the app. Or any issues and we will be glad to help.

In closing, we would like to point this out...

If you buy a paper map in any stores, you will pay $5 to $7 and then you will be driving around holding up a paper trying to navigate around town. Not to mention when they update their map, you have to buy another map each year....
Not with us... It’s paid for one time and all updates are free for Life.

Then it won't tell you where to go by voice and show your exact location. Not to mention all of the information and places we are giving you.

Below is a list of what we are giving you for $6 dollars and 99 cents.

1. We give you every Executive Golf Course

2. We give you every Championship Golf Course

3. We give you Recreation Center

4. We give you every Pool location.

5. We give you all 3 squares (That was easy ;-)

6. We give you a general idea of where every Neighborhood Village is.

7. We give you almost every Restaurant and Shopping around your present location.

8. We give you a Speedometer.

9. We give you Point to Point mapping.

10. We even give you the Weather.

11. Our customer service will answer any questions and will always update the latest changes and make everyone happy to use it for life :-)

12. You can see the countless updates we have done in the App stores and have everything internalized in the app.*

13. No one can offer this and all the bells and whistle we have!! We also recognize we can make improvements in the future and will do so!!

14. The last time you went to a "NICE" restaurant and tipped you waiter or waitress... You probably gave them more than $6.99?

15. Wait for it..... You will have this app for Life! Plus get all of the updates we do and never pay again.

ALL IN ONE HANDY APP :-)

The bottom line is we put a lot of time, effort and money into this app for all of us Villagers to have for life. Yes.... we live in The Villages...

It took us over a year to map every Cart path (Over 100 miles). The Villages keeps growing SO fast we always have to do updates.

We REALLY love to hear feedback, Good or Bad... It really helps us improve the app and we will not rest until we can make this app perfect as we can get it.

By the way.... THE VILLAGES GPS IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR RELATED TO THE VILLAGES, INC. THIS GPS APPLICATION DID NOT, IN ANY WAY, ORIGINATE FROM THE VILLAGES, INC. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THIS IS A COMPLETELY SEPARATE SERVICE-PROVIDER.

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 12-09-2015, 10:31 AM

I'm pretty new to TV, and we give this a try when I get back after the holidays. I figure for 5 bucks you can't go wrong.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:08 AM

Does this APP talk to you?

Tags
update, app, gps, villages, android, fixed, updates, button, tracking, locations, device, apps, touch, iphone, blue, click, store, remember, ipads, steps, phones, hope, 2.4.9, time, announce