» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

The Villages GPS App Questions & Answers
Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Default The Villages GPS App Questions & Answers

Everyone,

We are happy to work with TOTV as we launch our App. We understand that this is the voice of all Villagers and your site and we appreciate being a guest here and here only to answer any questions you may have about the app and using it to help.

We have a Frequently Ask Questions section on our website to answer many basic questions, etc. The reason why we are in the forum and have our own forum is TOTV didn't want us interrupting any of the other forums going on and you can direct all your questions in this section and simply ask your question in this thread...

We understand that some people are more advanced on gadgets and apps, etc than others and we honestly just want to help people and a forum like this can accomplish just that. We will always trying to answer all your questions so please direct them here…

We look forward to hearing your feedback and questions… We are always looking to do improvements in the future to make this app something you would use daily…

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Last edited by Villages GPS; 08-24-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Gold member

I purchased this App and while I find it will be useful to me although much of the area below 466A still shows just dirt. I don't know what mapping software it uses but it is incomplete. Otherwise it seems to be a good tool when one is undecided on which way to go. I've lived in TV for 2 years and I still get turned around at times especially when in my golf cart looking for unfamiliar golf courses.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Will the app every have voice driven turn by turn direction? BTW, downloaded and installed on my Galaxy S3, looks great!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 PM

Hi.

I just purchased and downloaded the $4.99 app that you describe above "The Villages GPS". Looks great.

Thanks,
Gary7
Old 08-18-2014, 04:14 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I purchased this App and while I find it will be useful to me although much of the area below 466A still shows just dirt. I don't know what mapping software it uses but it is incomplete. Otherwise it seems to be a good tool when one is undecided on which way to go. I've lived in TV for 2 years and I still get turned around at times especially when in my golf cart looking for unfamiliar golf courses.
LOL… I hear ya Mike.. The Villages are expanding so fast that the the latest satellite software that we use on the market can't even keep up with the building. For your convenience we have added Standard and Hybrid Views if you don't want to view by Satellite and look at the dirt in this area. Of course once the satellite mapping software we use is the most current on the market and up to date and it will refresh whenever they do their updates..

As a side note.. All Roads and Golf Cart Trails are complete south of 466A. Please if there are ever any golf cart trails that are brand new that we don't have in the app and you catch it… please let us know and we will update it…

Thanks for your question...

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Last edited by Villages GPS; 08-18-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:18 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Will the app every have voice driven turn by turn direction? BTW, downloaded and installed on my Galaxy S3, looks great!
Our app has full turn by turn VOICE directions for your golf carts and cars so your volume may be turned down.

Please make sure your galaxy S3 volume is all the way and not on vibrate. That goes for all other apple and Android devices.

Thanks for the purchase and glad you like it!! Now you can use it everyday and customize it saving your favorites along the way for easy use every time! We have tutorials once you purchase it so you understand how to use it (and you can always hit the "more" button on menu to "Take A Tour" as well).

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 AM

What about the text version instead of voice directions for people with hearing loss? Also, why should I pay another $4.99 for my spouse's phone? Please advise.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:07 AM

Thanks! Just bought the app. Really excited about it

Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Gold member

It seems that only the latest Garmin GPS has the streets south of 466a. I did download the Villages GPS App and since I am not currently at the Villages it is hard to tell if it will be any good. If Garmin was smart they would do an optional Golf Cart map to download into your current Garmin GPS.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

App looks great but my husband says it shows Brownwood as undeveloped yet? Hope the app updates frequently!