» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Stupid question. How do I get it on my phone.
Go to this website and then go the the app store that is appropriate for your phone - purchase, download and install!

Old 11-12-2014, 02:00 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Wanted to jump on here and chime in on the comments:

1. Of course we want your business so you would expect us to say "This is a must have app and it's awesome and no other solution out there offers what we do with this app, etc"… But don't take us at our word….we have thousands of Villagers commenting and loving this app. Honesty we know this is an absolute no brainer for a one time purchase of $4.99 and was HUGE investment for us to do and has been years in the making. Everyone on this post that said "it's only $4.99, buy it", "This app is awesome" etc, etc, we agree with and not just saying it since we developed it. Every Villager has been wanting this solution and it's now here for you to get it today!! It's only a one time $4.99 and as you get updates (which means we are spending more and more money to make it better), we keep improving it… ALL UPDATES ARE FREE…

2. Google maps are for BICYCLES and not for golf carts in The Villages. This is night and day. Why not pay the $4.99 so you can make sure you know where your allowed to go and not get a ticket or worse be on a road your not supposed to be on that could be dangerous. We show you the roads NOT to be on and the GPS takes you anywhere you need to go in a simple app…

3. If someone likes a paper map etc that's fine as this is comparing apple to oranges. This APP makes getting around in The Villages so much easier than any other option out there. Not to mention the menu, favorites and all the built in options is just a great solution. This app was made for Villagers built by Villagers so we want the same as you… the best app ever… which we feel we have accomplished (by no means were done!!)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!! We are here for anything you need..

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxville View Post
Is it worth the $5.00? I am doing the life style visit next week and wondered if it would be useful.

Thanks
Is it worth it, yes. Is it intuitive, no. So get it and play with it before you come down.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:39 PM

It is well worth it and I feel it's very intuitive.. but duhbear is correct.. get this app and play with it… Just like anything new… play with it and it will be a fixture for you and everyone in The Villages…

also, why did someone bring up google maps again? They are terrible as they are for bikes path not for GOLF CARTS which I believe has been addressed in the past. Big difference… This app tells you in red where you are not allowed to go and so many more awesome features. It's only $4.99 people… best money I have spent.. get it...
Old 11-12-2014, 10:13 PM

Yes it is worth it! I am new to the Villages and this app has helped tremendously. Last year when we rented, I got lost driving in a golf cart, oh and I had my car gps with me. It was no help. At this point I did the unthinkable, I asked for direction (a couple of times). Would have been nice to have the app then.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Stupid question. How do I get it on my phone.
Off subject I know, but I love your avatar
Old 11-13-2014, 03:12 AM

Thanks for the replies. The reason I asked if it was worth it, I don't live at TV, just visiting for a few days. I will buy it at the app store and if I buy a house, then I'll have it.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:08 AM
Platinum member

Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

I like mine, even though I use it only now and then when we travel by cart to play some of the more "northern" courses in the villages. If you are just moving here, it will be great for you! P.s. And welcome to TV!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:37 AM

Google maps have led me to intersections that do not exist for multi-models. It appears, at time, to treat golf cart routes the same as bike routes / roads. I tested the Villages GPS and it did not make the same errors.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:06 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Michael View Post
Google maps have led me to intersections that do not exist for multi-models. It appears, at time, to treat golf cart routes the same as bike routes / roads. I tested the Villages GPS and it did not make the same errors.
BUMP!!

Agree and thanks for the clarification..

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Closed Thread