View Single Post

Old 01-23-2015, 11:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Your little fumble study doesn't take into consideration that Belichick makes The Patriots work hard on holding onto the ball. And when they do have some that fumbles, they bench him. A perfect example was their star running bacl Stephen Ridley who had fumble problems. He was benched, brought back after he had worked on holding onto the ball and now I don't even think he's with the team anymore. They don't let players who fumble play. If they don't improve quickly, they get rid of them. Just another example of the genius of Bill Belichick.

Your study also talks about how they never fumble at home and then mentions that visiting teams bring their own balls when on the road. So what does home and away have to do with it?

They didn't win 174 games in the past 14 years because the ball was a little under inflated. Joe Theisman said that he never thought about ball inflation until this controversy came about. So, he went out and threw some balls that were correctly inflated and under inflated. He said that to him the harder ball is easier to handle.

This whole thing is going to turn out to be nothing. People have so much hate in them for winners that they are calling for the Patriots to be banned from the Super Bowl based on an allegation. There is still not one scintilla of evidence that these balls were under inflated deliberately and intentionally. Barring such evidence the league has to conclude that there was some kind of innocent error, the referees did not do their job, or the weather caused the balls to deflate.
Uh, it wasn't "my little fumble study." I understand how you will stick up to your team to the end. It makes for a good fan. But you do have to wonder why there aren't very many other teams in the limelight for this kind of thing. The Saints and...