Thread: American Sniper
View Single Post

Old 01-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,177 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i don't think it was the Ventura story which caused the book to skyrocket, but rather Kyle's appearance on O"Reilly which is watched by millions...no one is saying he is a perfect human being, but he certainly is a hero who saved hundreds of lives. no doubt about that.
I don't know if you read the link I posted from Slate.com. Your claim about his appearance on OReilly is correct. But he made his slanderous claim on that TV show. Here is the pertinent paragraph:

Quote:
Early drafts of the book identified the SEAL as Jesse Ventura, former governor of Minnesota and famed professional wrestler, but Kyle’s publishers removed the name for fear of a lawsuit. Nonetheless, in a radio interview following the book’s release, Kyle admitted that “Scruff Face” was Ventura, and he repeated the claim soon after on The O’Reilly Factor. American Sniper shot to the top of Amazon’s best-seller list, becoming a smash hit for its publisher